• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Patch(es) coming?

Pixel hunting for someone at 100m is not only ABSURD, it is also very hard on the eyes. RO1 has nothing but a bunch of Mr. Magoo people for eyesight.
2e5m8b7.gif

cant make this stuff up people

Upvote 0
Unrealistic like...a man sized figure being a pixel or two high at around 100m? LOL. Even at 300m a man sized target should be bigger than they seemed to be in RO1.

Do you even know what a pixel is? If you have any proof of this statement, by all means - go into RO1 and take a screen shot of a guy 100m away.

Do elaborate how BF3 is more "intense and tactically challenging" than RO2?

Guns don't kill, snipers cannot snipe due to ridiculous scope glint and you can toss medipacks everywhere to heal. It's RIDICULOUS.

Guns kill very quickly, not sure what you mean.

Snipers are fine, glint is hardly noticeable at long range.

RO2 lets you magically bandage, at lest med packs take time

bf3 .... "tactically challenging"... i don't know where to begin with that one.:rolleyes:
Oh unless your definition of that is run, shoot, run shoot, get sniped by one of the 24 snipers out of 32 players in the map

I cant say I have ever been in a server with 24 snipers on a 64 player map let alone 32.

In BF3 conquest, you have to choose which flag to capture, and since there is a decent amount of distance between each one - you have to make tactical decisions about which path, mode of travel, weapons, etc you will need.

RO2 has plenty of run and gun, so don't even start and say it doesn't.

lol, you are going to get punked a lot throughout your life.

Btw, I've got some seaside property in Arizona if you are interested.

Your telling me you don't expect a product to be 100% finished when you buy it?

Play BF3, and you'll see how less fun it is. :) I used to love BF2, and it was actually a pretty "realistic" game, when compared to CoD, BC2, and BF3, and you had incredibly intense firefights that required tactics so you could survive.

BF3 is pretty much a step back in every way when compared to it. It's pretty much weapons that feel like BB's, snipers everywhere where there are no one-hit kills, where you run and gun everything, etc.

It is just so much of a disapointment, and I had very high hopes for it.

RO2 is pretty much the most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in the last few years, and tactical/realistic FPS wise, it's one of the best games out there. We complain about many features, but we forget the many great ones this game has.

Everyone I have talked to that enjoyed BF2 and the BF games before say BF3 may have some slightly problems, but all in all, an extremely good sequel to BF2. You might want to check your facts, the guns in BF3 kill much faster than in BF2 - so I don't get you BB comparison. Snipers rarely killed be in one shot in BF2, not much difference.

List out some of these "great features" that RO2 has that other games don't. Everything in RO2 feels so clunky and terribly implemented, maybe it has to do with using an engine built for multiple games and not solely the one they are working on.

Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0
Play BF3, and you'll see how less fun it is. :) I used to love BF2, and it was actually a pretty "realistic" game, when compared to CoD, BC2, and BF3, and you had incredibly intense firefights that required tactics so you could survive.

BF3 is pretty much a step back in every way when compared to it. It's pretty much weapons that feel like BB's, snipers everywhere where there are no one-hit kills, where you run and gun everything, etc.

It is just so much of a disapointment, and I had very high hopes for it.

RO2 is pretty much the most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in the last few years, and tactical/realistic FPS wise, it's one of the best games out there. We complain about many features, but we forget the many great ones this game has.

Now I know to each is own and all that, but I felt the exact opposite about BF3. Yes it's more 'aracadish' but I find people working together much more than in any other fps recently. I can't compare it to RO2, but I think it's a very good game.

Upvote 0
Now I know to each is own and all that, but I felt the exact opposite about BF3. Yes it's more 'aracadish' but I find people working together much more than in any other fps recently. I can't compare it to RO2, but I think it's a very good game.

I agree that infact there is more teamwork than in most games. However, IMO, it was dumbed down quite alot when compared to BF2, specially due to console porting, etc, which I find a shame. It is NOT a bad game at all. :) If RO wasn't arround, I would be playing it no doubt. I was just disapointed when comparing it to what I hoped for and expected as a BF2 "vet". :p

Upvote 0
Everyone I have talked to that enjoyed BF2 and the BF games before say BF3 may have some slightly problems, but all in all, an extremely good sequel to BF2. You might want to check your facts, the guns in BF3 kill much faster than in BF2 - so I don't get you BB comparison. Snipers rarely killed be in one shot in BF2, not much difference.

List out some of these "great features" that RO2 has that other games don't. Everything in RO2 feels so clunky and terribly implemented, maybe it has to do with using an engine built for multiple games and not solely the one they are working on.

Sorry, hadn't seen the post. :) I just found BF2 to be much more skill and tactics oriented than BF3, which feels to me alot like Bad Company 3, too much infact.

RO2 has some amazing features when compared to it, such as:

1-Several more classes, which create more tactical options. This was included in BF2 aswell, and being reduced from 7 to 4 in BF3 is something I don't understand.

2-BF3 has that constant running mechanic that was also present in BC2. While it's a little tuned down, it's still very much present, and compensates the player for doing it, which does not happen in RO, you might be lucky to see it work, but if you run arround in the open you will be shot. RO relies on teamwork, even if you get many kills my shooting arround, you wont be capturing objectives, and you will lose the rounds. Also, kills aren't really that valuable in RO when compared to objectives, are they?

3-RO's unlocks, while being yet unbalanced themselves, do not unbalance the game itself. BF3's unlocks, as in CoD, etc, including vehicle unlocks, make the game incredibly unbalanced, which is something that didn't happen in BF2.

4- RO's Steam. BF3 is Origin.

5- RO has an incredible graphical ambient, with gritty maps and scenarios, and actually gives you a sense of being in a "raw" environment which opposes to the strange tinted ones we see in most games nowadays.

6- TWI. We can have complaints, etc, but they do listen to the community and we can't argue that. They do their best to give us the game we were promised, and this includes the constant patching, communication with us, etc.

7- Incredible mod support, which seems to be disappearing nowadays aswell.

8- RO is a PC game!!!!!! Nowadays, everygame is also available for consoles which limits it from the start.

9- Weapon behavior. Weapons in RO are incredibly realistic for a game, and act very close to what they do in real life, except for all having seemingly the same weight. :p however, compare it to other games weapons.

10- The community. Players actually support the game and work for it to be better.

This is all IMO, however, and anyone can have a different prespective. What I mean to say is that there's a whole amount of things arround RO that make it a very, very enjoyable game when played properly, which means teamwork. :)
It's still a game crying for polishing, yes, but it's a game that is so enjoyable has so much potential and support, that it can only get better than it already is from now on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry, hadn't seen the post. :) I just found BF2 to be much more skill and tactics oriented than BF3, which feels to me alot like Bad Company 3, too much infact.

RO2 has some amazing features when compared to it, such as:

1-Several more classes, which create more tactical options. This was included in BF2 aswell, and being reduced from 7 to 4 in BF3 is something I don't understand.

True, but BF3 has crazy amounts of unlockable weapons - which gives each class many different roles it can be.

2-BF3 has that constant running mechanic that was also present in BC2. While it's a little tuned down, it's still very much present, and compensates the player for doing it, which does not happen in RO, you might be lucky to see it work, but if you run arround in the open you will be shot. RO relies on teamwork, even if you get many kills my shooting arround, you wont be capturing objectives, and you will lose the rounds. Also, kills aren't really that valuable in RO when compared to objectives, are they?

Objectives and team related activities are rewarded a lot more than kills in BF3. And the run mechanic only makes things a little more fluid so you don't have to walk between objectives. If the maps were as small as RO2, you wouldn't even notice. I have no problem running between objectives in RO2 and then shooting once I stop, no real disadvantage to running vs walking.

3-RO's unlocks, while being yet unbalanced themselves, do not unbalance the game itself. BF3's unlocks, as in CoD, etc, including vehicle unlocks, make the game incredibly unbalanced, which is something that didn't happen in BF2.

Unlocks make it a little more challenging to new plays, but by no means impossible, I have no problem starting with a new class or vehicle. It takes hardly any time to start getting the initial unlocks anyway.

And the bayonet is a HUGE advantage in this game, 1 shot melee kill in close quarters compared to others who may not have it unlocked.

4- RO's Steam. BF3 is Origin.

I don't see your point here - steam is nice, but nothing is wrong with origin.

5- RO has an incredible graphical ambient, with gritty maps and scenarios, and actually gives you a sense of being in a "raw" environment which opposes to the strange tinted ones we see in most games nowadays.

Games used to get looked down upon for making all their maps have a grey tint, Crysis 1 was applauded for making a lush environment with beautiful visuals for a combat game. I prefer BF3's graphics to RO2 any day.

6- TWI. We can have complaints, etc, but they do listen to the community and we can't argue that. They do their best to give us the game we were promised, and this includes the constant patching, communication with us, etc.

Dice listens to the community, Comma Rossa, Jets, Weapon Damage. Dice supports every game with patching well after release, and they also have an extensive content plan for BF3.

7- Incredible mod support, which seems to be disappearing nowadays aswell.

With the complexity of games these days, I don't hold my breath for good mods - perhaps back in the BF2 days, but not anymore.

8- RO is a PC game!!!!!! Nowadays, everygame is also available for consoles which limits it from the start.

BF3 was built primarily for the PC then toned down for the consoles.

9- Weapon behavior. Weapons in RO are incredibly realistic for a game, and act very close to what they do in real life, except for all having seemingly the same weight. :p however, compare it to other games weapons.

BF3 has very good and realistic weapon ballistics and characteristics. I have talked to some people who have shot the real guns, and say they are very close.

10- The community. Players actually support the game and work for it to be better.

Yea, these forums are a great example of that...

This is all IMO, however, and anyone can have a different prespective. What I mean to say is that there's a whole amount of things arround RO that make it a very, very enjoyable game when played properly, which means teamwork. :)
It's still a game crying for polishing, yes, but it's a game that is so enjoyable has so much potential and support, that it can only get better than it already is from now on.

All I am saying is that RO2 really doesn't have many features that set it apart, and the reasons people enjoyed RO1 are not in RO2 primarily the huge maps with personnel vehicles and tactical gameplay.

Upvote 0
Evening fellas,

I just played some rounds of RO and I was wondering when the next patch(es) are coming as there's ****in many to do still: hitdetection improvement, invincible AI soldiers, AI shooting through smoke (particularly tank mg is very annoying) just to name some few.

I really hope that Tripwire is going to do something pretty fast as there are still guys here who choose RO2 over BF3 but this won't last long if they don't see constant improvement on RO2.

regards
Emperor

While I agree a few more things need to be worked on and patched, I'm honestly sick and tired of the subjective threat that if RO2 doesn't get their act together, everybody is going to automatically go buy and play BF3.

Maybe some will and good for them..... but the reality is that regardless of how crappy or how good RO2 is..... not everybody is going to jump ship and lemming off to BF3 simply because it's a popular FPS.

Some people simply hate BF3 or BF in general, such as myself and even if RO2 wasn't working well for me, and even if it was the crappiest game I've ever played, I still wouldn't go and buy BF3, because I have hated every other BF that came before it.

Let's just focus on what needs to be patched and/or improved on in RO2 without having to toss out the BF3 threats shall we?

If people want to take off from RO2 to go play BF3, let them..... I have no interest in trying to sway people's opinions on what games they should be playing, just as I wouldn't have any interest in people telling me what games I should be playing.

I quit playing RO2 because I got bf3 - a finished game that isn't frustrating to play without terrible hit detection, horrible positional sound system, and gun reload animations play!

How interesting that you have the exact same view of BF3 as many others have of RO2.

The people in here complaining about RO2 are mostly people who have been having problems and performance issues due to one reason or another, or simply don't like how the game plays, while everybody else enjoys the game, has no glitches to speak of and it has been running just fine for them since the beta.

And on the flip side, while you seem to be having a perfectly fine time with BF3 and are having no issues with it..... I've seen plenty more people who are having issues with BF3.... crashes, buggy browser, performance issues, not even being able to load a map or being on a map for a period of time before it crashes, etc. etc...

BF3 from what I have been seeing in the last few days is hardly what one would consider a "Finished Game" anymore than RO2 is considered a "Finished Game"

Point being, some games work better for others & their rigs and each will have varied results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Responses in bold.

tank system?

well:
-t-34 killed frontally by Anti tank rifles
-panzer 4 indestructible turret
-t-34 killed by explosion in non vital areas
-tank sights off
-panzer 4 indestructible main gun
-panzer 4 able to take 6' oclock shots and drive away
-sniper panzer 4 hull gunner
-t-34 crew die very easy, while panzer 4 crew are made of iron
...and so on and so on

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your telling me you don't expect a product to be 100% finished when you buy it?
RO:Ost wasn't finished on release. Nor are many other games these days. Much DLC is actually stuuf that was intended for the original release.

The people in here complaining about RO2 are mostly people who have been having problems and performance issues due to one reason or another, or simply don't like how the game plays, while everybody else enjoys the game, has no glitches to speak of and it has been running just fine for them since the beta.
Even many people who aren't happy with the game still have the loyalty to stick around and ensure the future of the game-[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=957441#post957441[/URL]
tank system?

well:
-t-34 killed frontally by Anti tank rifles
Only at certain angles and I've never noticed any issue with this.
-panzer 4 indestructible turret
A couple of times on Gumrak I've had a shot go in one side and take out the gunner and commander.
-t-34 killed by explosion in non vital areas
There are many areas that a tank can be hit that can be fatal; fuel tanks, ammo storage etc, it's really something I haven't noticed
-tank sights off
?
-panzer 4 indestructible main gun
I've had my gun knocked out once or twice
-panzer 4 able to take 6' oclock shots and drive away
There's been a few times I've seen people using the T34 properly and flanking aroung the enemy putting one shot into their rear and killing them. That's the best and most common tactic in Commisars House, use speed and maneuverability to get around behind your enemy.
-sniper panzer 4 hull gunner
Exactly the same on the T34, AI hull gunners in general need nerfing.
-t-34 crew die very easy, while panzer 4 crew are made of iron
Again, a well placed shot from a T34 will easily kill a panzer or it's crew
...and so on and so on

Upvote 0
I would have rather had a reskinned ostfront then what we currently have to be honest.

You rarely if ever have red orchestra moments in this new game.

what needs to go to get back on track?

-Zoom , realistic or unrealistic , this is the reason the game plays different.

Agreed it needs to be gotten rid of, it does not matter if it gives you actual view, it is a very distracting and immersion breaking mechanic (which I use all the time cause it makes it easier for my crappy eyes to spot people) but it still needs to go.

-the grenade physics and throwing mechanics

what's wrong with it.. as far as i can tell things bounce pretty well and roll around on slanted surfaces as they should. I have seen russian nades bounce down stairs, and also seen them do one of those semi circular stops that football shaped objects tend to do from time to time.

-the prototype weapons that as far as the normal soldier is concerned NEVER EXISTED.
only heroes should be able to use em it'll limit the number in game to reasonable lvls, + give a bonus for being the hero class at the time.

-Unlocks

annoying as ****, but unforgivably has become an industry standard (I will get my silencer)

-Broke *** tank gameplay and mechanics that were obviously not even tested.

needs fixing

-Dumbass cover system that nobody even uses as it offers no benifits to the player.

lol!!! no people just forget about it. i use it alot and find it extremely usefull especially when indoors. I can not count the times I have sprayed blindly down a hallway killing the guy/guys either sticking their heads out, leaning running down it, all because they forgot... oh **** we can blind fire. trust me this is a highly underutilized mechanic that is highly usefull.

What can stay in the game
-Fluid and reactive movement system
-Tank interiors
-Sounds

responses in red

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO:Ost wasn't finished on release. Nor are many other games these days. Much DLC is actually stuuf that was intended for the original release.
So because of "some other" games don't finish their game before release it should just become the norm?
I honestly can't understant this train of thought at all, how can anyone try to convince people that it's a good thing that games get released with a damn server browser that doesn't work properly, sounds that dissappear, ...

Maybe I'm getting to old for this shiat and do I just expect too much of something I (most of the time) pay 60€ for. I still wonder how devs did it ten years ago, when you got your final version on a CD which couldn't be changed 10times before a launch, it had to ****ing work from the get go since distributing patches was a b itch.

Now they've completely cut out the part where they have to make a CD/DVD which means more time to finish up a game but what do we see? Nothing but crap released on release days. Are we gamers really turning in *****es?

Last edited:
Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0