• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is your work or what do you study

I approve this thread.
A pole for the age would be nice, even if nobody asked for your age in the first place.

I selected that i wanted a poll and added the age and basic work/school/unemployed options. But I took longer than 3 minutes to make the poll options which apparently automatically removed my poll options.

Upvote 0
21-year-old unemployed (for 3 months now). Finished high school and did 12 months in FDF as a Leopard 2A4 Mechanic/Driver. Thinking about trying to get to University of Helsinki to study English (or History, or something) and one day work as a teacher or something, don't know really, maybe I'll just work this year and think about schools next year as I'd got a blooming career in calendar factory if they take me back in april.

Upvote 0
46 y.o.

Master's degree in Applied Linguistics, with Distinction (got 20 years too late, after 20 years of hedonistic, anarchistic behaviour and generally not giving a f*ck)

Working part-time as English tutor to ultra-rich foreign businessmen/filmstars/politicians.

Working full-time as RS's resident control freak. :D

...also working full-time at being a good husband.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
VCE and VET stand for what?
VCE stands for Victorian Certificate of Education, basically what you get when you finish school in the state of Victoria in Australia. I can't remember what VET stands for, but I do know it is tertiary education that you can pick up whilst still completing your VCE.

Man that takes me back, so long since I finished school, really I've just bummed around and done nothing with the 84 TER I scored which I could have used to get into a high end Uni course :D

Upvote 0
21, currently studying physics. I'm in a 3-2 engineering program, so I go to school for a physics degree, then transfer somewhere else for another year or two to get an engineering degree.

In my last semester for the physics degree. Pretty tired of school right now, and have been for a while. Still not sure if I would want to go back for the engineering degree.

Upvote 0
17, I want to get a job as a waiter, since they generally make more money than minimum wage and don't have to work as much time.

I want to do a little bit of everything though, I also want to do plowing in the winter, and be a part time actor at the Renaissance faire. I'll eventually go to college, probably to learn either mechanical engineering or computers, then I want to be an officer in the military for 4 to 8 years.

Upvote 0
21, currently studying physics. I'm in a 3-2 engineering program, so I go to school for a physics degree, then transfer somewhere else for another year or two to get an engineering degree.

In my last semester for the physics degree. Pretty tired of school right now, and have been for a while. Still not sure if I would want to go back for the engineering degree.
Don't really know how the 3-2 program works as they weren't around when I was in school. I can't speak for the European university system, but in the states most full fledged engineering degrees will take you 4 1/2 to 5 years anyway (unless you're a freaking genious or go every summer). ( Come to think of it EE where my son is attending is a 5 year curriculum)...

Anyway, my point is, I understand you're burnt out. Happens to the best. But don't give up, even if you sit out a semester (or two). One of my good friends sat out for two years and worked as a manager in a dept. store (JC Penny's). He woke up one day, realized he didn't want to do that the rest of his life, went back to school, and in his words "became that old S.O.B in the class setting the curve." He's now senior partner at his own firm.

You can be stripped of almost everything of value in your life, but one thing no one can ever take away from you is your education.....

/end sermon
/end derail

Upvote 0