• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is your work or what do you study

VCE stands for Victorian Certificate of Education, basically what you get when you finish school in the state of Victoria in Australia. I can't remember what VET stands for, but I do know it is tertiary education that you can pick up whilst still completing your VCE.

Man that takes me back, so long since I finished school, really I've just bummed around and done nothing with the 84 TER I scored which I could have used to get into a high end Uni course :D

Yeah, that's what VCE stands for.

VET is Vocational Education and Training, and it is indeed a tertiary course, and i'm doing my third currently.

Upvote 0
Don't really know how the 3-2 program works as they weren't around when I was in school. I can't speak for the European university system, but in the states most full fledged engineering degrees will take you 4 1/2 to 5 years anyway (unless you're a freaking genious or go every summer). ( Come to think of it EE where my son is attending is a 5 year curriculum)...

I cannot speak for other educational programs. But here the nominal time to finish your education takes 5 years (3 bachelor + 2 master). Although here at the TUDelft very few make it within that time, with the average being around 7.5 years for mechanical engineering.

Upvote 0
18, studying how to create websites/learning how to use anything related to Adobe softwares. I'm a blue collar worker, so i basicly do nothing all day and get paid for it... best job for a student :D

Photoshop is the only adobe product you should learn on...for coding you can use DreamWeaver, but never, ever ever use the design view starting off. Code view only. You will be doing yourself a disservice otherwise and not learn anything.

Upvote 0
Photoshop is the only adobe product you should learn on...for coding you can use DreamWeaver, but never, ever ever use the design view starting off. Code view only. You will be doing yourself a disservice otherwise and not learn anything.

I already know eveyrthing about PS, learning Illustrator this semester. DreamWeaver is next year i think, but I might switch to a different program, but i don't know which one. Sometimes I wish that the Ubisoft Campus would still be open :(

Upvote 0
Don't really know how the 3-2 program works as they weren't around when I was in school. I can't speak for the European university system, but in the states most full fledged engineering degrees will take you 4 1/2 to 5 years anyway (unless you're a freaking genious or go every summer). ( Come to think of it EE where my son is attending is a 5 year curriculum)...

Anyway, my point is, I understand you're burnt out. Happens to the best. But don't give up, even if you sit out a semester (or two). One of my good friends sat out for two years and worked as a manager in a dept. store (JC Penny's). He woke up one day, realized he didn't want to do that the rest of his life, went back to school, and in his words "became that old S.O.B in the class setting the curve." He's now senior partner at his own firm.

You can be stripped of almost everything of value in your life, but one thing no one can ever take away from you is your education.....
Yea I'm in the states, and I'm currently in my fourth year (I started the program late). I probably will go back to school, I'm just being a bit of a drama queen.

I most likely will take a year off though and actually work, which should set me straight. I'd also like the time off to study on my own, my grades have never been impressive, and there's a bunch of material I just kinda floated through.

There's a school near me that does mechanical engineering technology, and it seems kinda of interesting. It's sort of a bridge between engineer and machinist, it doesn't pay as well, but I think I'd like it more.

Upvote 0