• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire talks Stalingrad to Voodoo Extreme

1. Most of the holes made in the building were from direct fire from the Heavy FlaK Battalion of 24 Panzer Division - they were firing 88mm rounds at the building from a couple of klicks away. The flak commander spent hours arguing that it would be a pointless fire mission against such a building - and he was right.

2. The weather in Stalingrad through August and September 1942 was hot and sunny, with hardly a break. The snow didn't hit until well into November.

3. Firefight is indeed our take on Team DM. With our own wrinkles, of course.

4. The interior wi be appropriately dusty - but the elevator had only been brought into operation in 1942!

Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
1. Most of the holes made in the building were from direct fire from the Heavy FlaK Battalion of 24 Panzer Division - they were firing 88mm rounds at the building from a couple of klicks away. The flak commander spent hours arguing that it would be a pointless fire mission against such a building - and he was right.

2. The weather in Stalingrad through August and September 1942 was hot and sunny, with hardly a break. The snow didn't hit until well into November.

3. Firefight is indeed our take on Team DM. With our own wrinkles, of course.

4. The interior wi be appropriately dusty - but the elevator had only been brought into operation in 1942!

Enjoy :)

very nice! i want sun beams in dusty air!

Upvote 0
Multiplayer Campaign sounds fun. I like having more time to play and flesh out tactics over large areas. Two to three hour games over sectioned areas with finite troop and supply numbers etc. sounds sweet. I'm dreaming of a massive sectioned up Mamayev Kurgan multiplayer campaign scenario.

edit - also, knowing that the environments are the real thing as seen by you guys really makes it all the better. If you're going to make a definitive WWII game, it's gotta be as real as possible.

..gonna need a new computer for this

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess they are the second Brits to be in the Elevator in 65 years, since our very own Brit Alan Wilson was inside the elevator in June of 2007 :)

Technically, I was the first Brit in the tunnel under the elevator but Alan was a few seconds ahead of me into the main building.

So that guy was actually the third.

Also Alan was too scared/sensible to go up onto the very rooftop which had no safety rails and was very crumbly - but what an awesome view. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Technically, I was the first Brit in the tunnel under the elevator but Alan was a few seconds ahead of me into the main building.

So that guy was actually the third.
Picky, picky, picky... we were the first non-Russians into the building since 1942. That will do for me! Well, apart from any German PoWs they used in the rebuilding in 1942-43...

Of course - now everyone has to start guessing about which OTHER locations we got to!

Upvote 0