• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire, why did you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already thought about that. And I would ofcourse do it. But why should I buy the game two times? What would happen with the old account? Just a "Ghost Account"? I hate the feeling of owning something that is not being used and just "exists".

(And I would also double-support Tripwire for releasing the p.o.s German version.)

Well if you haven't had the game for long, talk to Valve. Tell them you're unsatisfied with the game due to it being censored and see if you can get a refund from them. If you get a refund, you won't have to get a new account, just use the one you have now. Then have someone with an English IP gift you the game after you get a refund and it the censored version is removed from your account.

And from now on, instead of buying games yourself you fear might be censored, have a friend and an English IP gift it, so you won't have to worry about it.

Upvote 0
Well if you haven't had the game for long, talk to Valve. Tell them you're unsatisfied with the game due to it being censored and see if you can get a refund from them. If you get a refund, you won't have to get a new account, just use the one you have now. Then have someone with an English IP gift you the game after you get a refund and it the censored version is removed from your account.

I did that after playing 21 minutes. You know what? Valve Support just deleted my question! How does that sound? Well, no, I don't feel depressed about that, no, yes, no.

The problem also was that my mate, who bought it earlier, got the same "low violence version"-information, so he told me "Just buy it. Look, I got the same thing and you see mine is not censored if I put Steam on Englisch language."...

I told that to Valve, everything. That I don't want any money back or something. I just wanted the same version as my mate got, because of this misleading information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recall someone saying he had to change his computer language away from German to fix it

but you say it doesnt work on multiplayer but it does work on singleplayer
is it possible that maybe the server you are joining has lowgore on?
I mean if you are in germany..and killingfloor in germany is censored..wouldnt it make sense that all germany based servers have lowgore on?

Based on the fact that a server with low graphics that cause ragdolls to disappear fast will also effect all clients, wouldnt low gore do the same?

I know servers can have these settings and im willing to bet on german servers these settings reflect lowgore settings
(pic of my dedicated server settings)
gore.jpg

have you tried using the command to enable gore then hosting a server and having one of your friends in germany join?
if it works you could host gore enabled german servers

you could be the only germany server with gore enabled
and if it works word could spread and german servers could enable gore

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So basically you're faulting Tripwire for releasing Killing Floor in Germany in order to generate revenue so they can continue to function as a (very small) company.

I'm sure they don't want their game to "get ****ty" as you so eloquently put it, but the developers who have the luxury of not releasing censored versions of their games are also much larger, much more profitable studios (such as Epic Games and Capcom).

Upvote 0
The OP is right. before the German version was censored, Germans were able to buy the game digitally without any cuts, but because TWI wanted in on the retail market, they had to cut the game.

First - this is a PC game, and its obscure, its already going to have a small crowd, so why make that crowd even smaller by cutting it for Germany just so it could be sold in stores? PC gamers dont need to go to a store when we have Steam, D2D, etc.

...release Killing Floor in Germany? I admire everyone who doenst even think about a German release of his game. There are still developers who don't want their games to get ****ty by censorship. Don't you know the main objective in this game is shooting zombies? And how funny is that when the game is fully censored? You don't even know if you did a headshot or not...And things like that are quite important in KF.

As a member of the old community and a long-time player of KF...I have to guess you're only about the profit. Everything was fine BEFORE it went retail (in Germany). And yes, I was stupid enough to buy a German version, because my mates one was cut in German and uncut in English. Later I read the mentioned statement.

Don't you think German players hate their own laws and how they cut the **** out of games? Everytime a game studio acts like "**** this crap, I'm not gonna release in Germany", we're happy and import it from another country.

By censoring Killing Floor like that, you destroyed it. The German version is not playable if you're used to the other versions. It's not only the fault of the German people that the laws don't change. It's also people like YOU, thinking "Let's cut everything out - 1 or 2 idiots in Germany are going to buy it anyways."

Upvote 0
..why make that crowd even smaller by cutting it for Germany just so it could be sold in stores? PC gamers dont need to go to a store when we have Steam...
he does have a point, why cut the gore on the game for a portion of the players just to sell the game on the shelf if the game ONLY plays on steam which allows you to buy the game digitally?

Upvote 0
he does have a point, why cut the gore on the game for a portion of the players just to sell the game on the shelf if the game ONLY plays on steam which allows you to buy the game digitally?

Even bigger question - why does KF have advertisements but RO:OST/RO:HOS will never have ads?

Zombie games - easy money. but at least its for a good cause - if KF is going to be exploited for as much money as possible, at least its for a great game like RO:HOS

Upvote 0

They released the game in Germany so people can play the game. Its not their fault its being censored so dont blame them for it.

I'd suggest reading the whole thread and then joining the discussion.

Even bigger question - why does KF have advertisements but RO:OST/RO:HOS will never have ads?

Zombie games - easy money. but at least its for a good cause - if KF is going to be exploited for as much money as possible, at least its for a great game like RO:HOS

:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.