• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mount & Blade

Yeah I know I do it all the time, but the great lance and tournament lance are too long and sometimes the enemy will move just a little bit and you can't hit them, but with a shorter lance you can adjust at the last second and get a solid kill. I'm just looking for a good lance with good penetration that isn't too long so I can adjust for the kill.

Upvote 0
I don't really pay much attention to any other polearm once I get my lances, but they've tended to have fairly low damage, due to the massive bonus that couching gets :)

Of course, a plus with the really long lances is that there is no possibility of and infatryman whacking you with his sword juuuuust before you pin him to the ground :)

Upvote 0
Bought the bullet and finally got it, awesome fun. Making money is bloody hard, taking prisoners seems to be the best way. It's fun playing it in different ways too. Going the mongolian way with recurve bow and scimitar on a steppe horse or running into battle with a hand axe and norse shield viking style (throwing axes are great too heh).

Also the bastard sword is fun, being able to go single and double handed, though a bit too unwieldy to use unmounted.

Holy crap just got the choose the size of the battle thing set it on 150 and my god, most amazing thing ive ever seen, closest you can get to being on the actual ground in a Total War battle

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course, a plus with the really long lances is that there is no possibility of and infatryman whacking you with his sword juuuuust before you pin him to the ground :)

I've found that the tournament lance and the other lance do no have the penetration capabilities that the spears and double edged lance does. I understand that one hit with a lance normally kills but occasionaly it doesn't such as when you barely hit them or you don't pick up enough speed to hit them full force. So the extra penetration power allows you to do extra damage that the long lances can't. Also the shorter ones can be redirected at the last moment for that perfect hit while it is much more difficult with a long lance. And lastly the shorter lances are MUCH better in case you are demounted! But usually a good lanceman will carry a sword for that instance. So what is the best short spear/lance I can get? The best I've seen is the double edged lance.

Upvote 0
This game rocks. I played the demo and finally broke down and bought the darn license. There is also a thing you can download to increase the numbers of characters on the battlefield it goes from 40-400.

This is Sir Gwendel. Level 15. Mostly an Archer and single handed weapons, I like this morning star.
mountblade2006-05-0922-16-42-31.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the battle sizer is cool, i had it set at 250 but that was way to much, now i have it at 100 and its just right. The battles are much more intense now and they resemble battles in a way. I can also take advantage of my unit make-up now.

I can't wait for the Lombard leagues one. I'm about to play the pirate mod, you can attack other ships and walk around inside of your ship and fight on land, and its set in the carribean.

Upvote 0
Argh...Pirate mod is repetitive now and you hardly ever fight personally, your soldiers always rush across to the other ship before you and kill everything, you might be able to get a swing in or two or perhaps shoot a guy shooting at you. Then sometimes one of the enemy soldiers will fall off the bridge thing connecting the ships and he will plunge into the water and land on the ocean floor and you will kill everyone else but he will still be down there alive so you can't win unless you jump in after him, but it takes a lot of health away so you won't be able to do it if you are hurt. It just happened to me, I jumped down after him and took a swing and gave him 42 damage and he knicked me and I died...wow

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Anyone who wants an rpg without fairies and all that ridiculous geek bull***** try Mount & Blade. Its a realistic Medieval rpg. The graphics are kind of dated but are good enough to pass as the gameplay more than makes up for it. Theres no multiplayer though and after you get your character to level 6 you have to pay for the game or restart, losing all your stats.

Site: http://www.taleworlds.com/

Zoring said:
Wow the combat is zany fun, running through a pack of dudes and hacking to the right and left on your horse, wow. Still like has been said, graphics leave something to be desired. I don't know if it has enough features to get a liscense.

If you get a liscense are all further updates to the game free or what? Any mods?
WTF!? Someone please tell me whats so bad about these screens(from 1st post)?

42.jpg

30.jpg

12.jpg

Looks great to me, dunno what you guys are talking about...:confused:

Upvote 0
Oh yes, and in order for a game to be any good, its GOT to be "pretty". Pffft! Well I D/Ld, played some, and no, graphics arent great, but theyre fine. This ISNT from a major developer w/oodles of money and top shelf talent, you know. Its fun, will play it to lvl6(using merchant now), then try others.

Upvote 0