• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mount & Blade

I want to see a realistic MMORPG, I've never been a fan of the MMORPG's they have now with all the wizard magic ork BS. I would love to see a MMORPG with some depth like WoW but realistic like Mount & Blade. I just think it would be cool to go back in time and be a real knight and have huge battles over castles. (After going to Europe and seeing some of those castles I've been dreaming of a MMORPG where you could assualt casltes) there are just so many hidey holes and awesome spots in a castle.

Upvote 0
Right, I see what you mean, WoW is extremely shallow though. If you want a mmorpg where you can create things then you should try out Wurm. The graphics are pretty bad by todays standards but everything is created by the players. The world starts out completely void of civilization, it's filled with forests, lakes, mountains, animals etc, and then it's up to the players to build cities, roads, etc etc.

It's run with Java so just go here to try it out: http://www.wurmonline.com/

Upvote 0
Wow, I love this game. The combat system is far superior to Morrowinds, in my opinion.

My army of 20 peasants ran into a cavalry group of Dark Hunters (or is it Dark Knights?) I decided to try and fight, and we got slaughtered...but it was great! Standing amongst my untrained militia, seeing heavily armored cavalry charging and hacking through us was the best moment I've ever had in a game like this.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
Wow, I love this game. The combat system is far superior to Morrowinds, in my opinion.

My army of 20 peasants ran into a cavalry group of Dark Hunters (or is it Dark Knights?) I decided to try and fight, and we got slaughtered...but it was great! Standing amongst my untrained militia, seeing heavily armored cavalry charging and hacking through us was the best moment I've ever had in a game like this.

Is it gorey or is it simply hit fall down.

Upvote 0
I love the bows. It's awesome having someone charge you and they are about to swing and you fire an arrow into their head and it sticks in there and they fall down! I love being on horseback as well. One good tactic of getting a better horse is to win a battle against another horseman and if the enemy's horse wasn't killed get off yours and TRY and mount the enemy horse. Thats how I went from a Sumpter horse to some awesomely armored warhorse without wasting a dime.

But I still want a MMORPG that isn't focused on just war and allows you to develope other aspects of a player and lets you be a merchent or a farmer or something. It must be hard to develope that properly while maintaining good gameplay and then try and sell it to people who are use to mage's and ogers.

Upvote 0
It's not alot of fun if you're alone, but it can be very fun if you have a couple of friends so you can specialize in different things and help eachother out. Like one is a lumberjack and carpenter, one is a blacksmith and miner, one is a cook and a hunter etc. Exploring the world is also much more fun with friends rather than just running around alone.

If you don't know how to do something, like cut down a tree to start a fire etc, you can just ask politely in the Jenn-Kellon chat and someone is bound to help you out.

Upvote 0
Your soldiers will only ever desert you if you can't pay them :) You can even continue to rescue prisoners of any faction and add them to your party :)

Also, once you've captured a castle, you can stick troops there and not have to pay them weekly wages. Great for storing up massive numbers of knights for raiding parties :)

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
SWEET! What is a good time to attack a castle? I can only hold 30 troops right now and I'm level 18. Borcha and Marnid are like 14-15 or something. What size should my party be and what level should I be at?

Youre good enough to asault one. All you need to do is send all your troops up and then get your bow and snipe out the archers as your men assault. After you cant hit anymore charge with your men with your shield up blocking the arrows and then slice up the remaining archers or knights. Once thats over you may have to repeat. No matter what you do you will lose men from arrows.

Upvote 0
I havn't joined the swadian army yet but I'm about to, probably will tommorow. I've been practicing with lances...o man that is so fun and devestating. What is the best lance in the game? I tried out one of the longer lances but the penetration wasn't very high and it was to long to aim very well. I also want one where I can use my shield cuzz without it those archers and javalins really tear me up. I'm look for a double edged lance and I finally found one and bought it but then my game crashed when I was talking to the guy in a castle when I was going to join the army...I went restarted the game and the lance in the same exact town was gone....I wasn't happy. So what lance should I look for?

Upvote 0
For castle assaults: I just find the heaviest crossbow I can, and leave my men in cover until I kill off as many archers as I can. Then the rest can charge to their hearts content :)

On lances: Any weapon with a "spear" in its name somewhere should allow you to have a shield with it. Also, for unmodded play, look for a "great lance" for regular combat, or "tournament lance" for taking prisoners :)

Just to double check: Strother, you're not using the attack button with the lance, right? Couched damage comes from aiming with your horse and just running into them.

Upvote 0