• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mount & Blade

Amerikaner

Nov 23, 2005
Anyone who wants an rpg without fairies and all that ridiculous fantasy stuff try Mount & Blade. Its a realistic Medieval rpg. The graphics are kind of dated but are good enough to pass as the gameplay more than makes up for it. Theres no multiplayer though and after you get your character to level 6 you have to pay for the game or restart, losing all your stats.

Site: http://www.taleworlds.com/

Some screens:

42.jpg

30.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you can export your character stats and gold, and import them to another character with the same name (great for transferring a character between mods). And some of those early mobs are composed of very poorly armed and armoured infantry, so stay mounted and you'll be fine :)

There are some pretty impressive mods out for it, including
The Last Days (lord of the rings)
1066 Norman Invasion
Maws Murder Mod
The Island
The Golden Horde
Storymod

Plus The Lombard Leagues, which looks to be frigging *awesome* when it's released. So, plenty of variety to choose from :)

Upvote 0
SiFi said:
Well, you can export your character stats and gold, and import them to another character with the same name (great for transferring a character between mods). And some of those early mobs are composed of very poorly armed and armoured infantry, so stay mounted and you'll be fine :)

There are some pretty impressive mods out for it, including
The Last Days (lord of the rings)
1066 Norman Invasion
Maws Murder Mod
The Island
The Golden Horde
Storymod

Plus The Lombard Leagues, which looks to be frigging *awesome* when it's released. So, plenty of variety to choose from :)

Quoted for the six mods currently out and tested with 0.731, and one that's still in it's beta stage. I'm pretty sure that all these mods except the golden horde will be transferred over to 0.751 (latest version)

Buying one license gives you access to all further updates, and the final version: get the game now while it's cheap, and you won't ever have to buy it again.

Also, you can install and activate the game on two different computers every 60 days, and activate it on the same computer an unlimited amount of times.

Upvote 0
Well i bought the lisence to the game last year and play it sometimes but, there is still much to do that the game would be interesting even after 1hour playing. And i have a question as well. Is it possible to add the old saves to new updated version? Because i have always had to start new charater when the game gets updated.

Upvote 0
FinFury said:
Well i bought the lisence to the game last year and play it sometimes but, there is still much to do that the game would be interesting even after 1hour playing. And i have a question as well. Is it possible to add the old saves to new updated version? Because i have always had to start new charater when the game gets updated.
If you want to keep your character after updates, I believe you can export the old one and import it when the new version comes out. Regarding saves, I'm not so sure.

Upvote 0
Im usually a huge graphic's whore who wants all the latest tech effects but I honestly would rather have M&B's current graphics than say, Oblivion's. I think it works for a couple reasons, mainly that it runs great and allows for huge expansive environments with tons of players, has its own style, has realistic items, nice textures, and is crazy customizeable.

Now, something like Oblivion looks great alot of the time but it fails short (such as the player faces and the crappy textures in large areas). It reaches for utmost realism but doesnt get there. M&B sticks to its style and does it great.

Upvote 0