• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

"But how did you guys mess this up" - Does it really matter how it happened? Video games are made by humans, mistakes get made. When video games start being made by robots you won't have this problem. Until then, you'll have to live with the fact that mistakes can be made. The only thing that matters is we spotted the issue, and are fixing it quickly.

Good deal. No foul done when one ownes their mistakes, and works to correct them.

Upvote 0
The solution I think is to leave it up to the discretion of individual servers.

There isn't a need to completely 100% balance the weapon composition of the opposing sides with perfect true-to-life ratios.

If that were the case then in reality very few of the Soviet players in HoS would be using bolt actions or rifles, the vast majority, almost all really, would be equipped with the PPSH as a default for any map depicting Stalingrad.

For modes like Firefight played on relaxed realism pubbie servers it's not going to be much of an issue after TWI patches this up.

What I haven't seen mentioned is the inability right now to customize a server without it becoming unranked. For example you can't currently make a ranked server that doesn't permit the MkB, it has to be unranked.

That's what I'd like to see addressed. Allowing for ranked server customization is win win for both the casuals and the hardcore realism grogs, unless I'm missing something.

Upvote 0
How about fixing the god damn stats so we can actually start working towards unlocking guns and Hero status.

I don't give a **** if there are 64 Mkb's in one battle when the stats are STILL NOT BEING LOGGED!

Once you fix that so we can start getting something for wasting time beta-testing your supposedly released game, then I'll worry about the freaking Mkb's and AVT's and all the other crap.

FIX

THE

STATS

Upvote 0
Yep, still too much. Having any more than two on your team of these weapons is simply ahistoric and bad for balance.
Id suggest making it a squad leader only weapon, but on some maps you can have up to 4 SLs...

Just do what everyone else is suggesting. Add them to the Hero class which the game was supposed to have. And only have 2 MAX on 64 player servers.

Upvote 0
I disagree about giving it to officers. At first I thought "Hey just give it to the commander only and be done with it!" But then you'll have people scrambling to get commander and then not bothering with arty smoke etc etc just to play with their toy.

Very true. People should play officer for the strategic abilities, not the fancy gun.

Upvote 0
3) About having too many MkB's - the amount of MkB's when fixed is similar to the amount of STG's in Ostfront. It didn't ruin that game...

Video games are made by humans, mistakes get made.

Yeah and you are making another one here. It is not that there are 12-15 on a map that is an issue, it is that there are more than 1 or 2, or arguably there are any available. Seriously, Ostfront had them in maps during time periods where they were actually in use by frontline formations.

You guys need to give servers an option to get rid of these ridiculous weapons, that is the only way people will be happy. We need servers that are actually realistic with relaistic weapon ratios, and we need servers that cater to mainstream players. That will make both sides happy, but nothing in between will otherwise.

Upvote 0
I LOVE the Semi-Automatic rifles and the smgs. But there are way too many. When the bolt rifles are so much more easy to hit with compared to RO1, we do not need all this fast rpms.

Various "realism" ideas to deal with this.

1 - Squad Leader and Assistant Squad Leader (i.e. one other person per squad) should be eligible to spawn with the semi-auto or smg. And squad size should be increased to insure more bolts per auto.

2 - Random role % of dropped semi and smg do not work when picked up. They are jammed, damaged, otherwise unusable. Would tick off some folks, but adds a touch of realism.

3 - Picked-up weapons come with the magazine in the weapon with no reloads - unless YOU killed the guy and are scrounging from his body rather than just finding a dropped weapon. That or simply limit number of magazines allowed for a picked-up weapon.

4. - Only two squads at the start with 1 or 2 mg and 1 sniper. Only make available bolt action rifles after this point until there are enough players available to make a full squad.

i.e. the extra rifles are ad hoc and assigned to strengthen an existing squad until there are enough to justify another SL and elite rifleman ("assistant SL")

5 - increase size of squads to 1 SL, 1 elite rifle (asst. SL), 4 rifles or even 6 rifles.

Other ideas that might help

A - Random role % of dropped semi and smg stick around for normal amount of recovery time, the rest disappear at a faster rate.

B - 100% of all weapons have a certain amount of time to be picked up. But after one pick up that time is cut in half. After two pickups it vanishes almost immediately.

This would cut down on the number of scrounged weapons actually in action at any one time.

If they did all this you would have a max of 4 automatic weapons (not including MGs) per 12 to 18 rifles. The number of scrounged weapons would drop dramatically as well.

Won't happen, but doable.

Upvote 0