• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

It's not about ruining the gameplay, but authenticity. Rare weapons are supposed to be rare. Can't you see nobody likes this decision, Ramm? What happened to the Hero status? Veterans should unlock enemy weaponry and Heroes should unlock rare weapons, not the other way around to actually make sense.

Yeah, I want to know what happened to the server side options that can turn the rare weapons off? Is it a bug as well or did I not read something correct? I liked the original idea of basically only one rare weapon per side, and how it was going to take months to rank up just to get the weapon...
Honestly I feel that there should only be 2 G41's available for the Germans, as that was a rare weapon as well.

Upvote 0
I agree that the number is still too high.

The issue of Balance should be constructed into its own thread in the Idea/Suggestion Forum.

That leaves 6 Mkb(42)'s, along with MP40's for the CO & SL's, bringing the number of automatics to over 33% per side on a 32 player team.

This argument still falls under the Idea/Suggestion Forum. Regardless if the Assault Class player (German) picks the MkB42, he still has the default weapon of the MP40, which is still an automatic weapon. So this point you are trying to make is really unnecessary because the number of potential automatic weapon users in a match is already there.

This thread was to let us know that they are fixing the issue where the MkB42s and AVT40s are only suppose to be available to the Assault Class.

THEN, add in the lmg's, and it's a fully automatic, unrealistic spray & pray jam-bo-ree.

What is the difference between automatic weapons and fully automatic weapons? You lost me...

Upvote 0

I agree.

You're supposed to listen to your community, not argue with it.

3) About having too many MkB's - the amount of MkB's when fixed is similar to the amount of STG's in Ostfront. It didn't ruin that game...

STG's were only on very few select maps and they did not have bullet penetration and I believe they had more recoil in ROOST. And the Allies had some SMG's to counter it. In RO2 the PPSH is so recoily that it's useless. And it has a box-mag making it even more useless.

The mkb42 is ruining this game. Gibson, the community has spoken. Are you going to listen to them?

^^ Putting there again so I can get some answers.

Upvote 0
33% automatics in a game set almost entirely in a dense urban environment is not that crazy to me. Even if the bolt action rifle was 99% of the weapons soldiers had in Stalingrad, your "unit" is a front line unit selected for that front line skirmish, who would naturally have a lot more close quarters weapons than usual. The weapon make-up of supply guys and anti-aircraft gun operators is irrelevant.

Upvote 0
Ok in turn:
2) The person that posted the picture of the squad leader unlocks - you'll notice that next to Axis it says the unlock is the SVT40, and next to Allies it says the unlock is the G41. In other words, the squad leader is able to unlock the enemy equivalent of their current weapons.

And if Veteran unlock is the opposite side weapons then what is Hero unlock (which is Enemy Class Loadout)?

Upvote 0
The issue of Balance should be constructed into its own thread in the Idea/Suggestion Forum.

This argument still falls under the Idea/Suggestion Forum. Regardless if the Assault Class player (German) picks the MkB42, he still has the default weapon of the MP40, which is still an automatic weapon. So this point you are trying to make is really unnecessary because the number of potential automatic weapon users in a match is already there.

This thread was to let us know that they are fixing the issue where the MkB42s and AVT40s are only suppose to be available to the Assault Class.

And we are giving them feed back, some not as nice as others...

Upvote 0

What is the difference between automatic weapons and fully automatic weapons? You lost me...

Read what came after that, when I brought the semi-autos into the argument. You lost me when you implied I had argued there was a dif between auto & "fully" auto. I think you just misread the post.

Upvote 0
With the exception the stg44 wasn't available in every map, am I wrong?

It's the fact that the automatic weapons are much more effective than in RO1.

In ro1 Smg's (to me) were near useless Whereas in RO2 they;re borderline overpowered. It makes sense people going for smg's in ro2 where they would have gone riflemen in RO1.

I do think that smg;a are a bit to plentiful seeing their power.

Maybe their power should be someplace inbetween ro1 and ro2

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2 HEROES of Stalingrad

STG44 didn't ruin RO:Ostfront for a reason

MKb42 will ruin Heroes of Stalingrad

and as a observation, why then not allow 6 snipers for each side ? better than this nonsense

BRING BACK OUR HEROES

EVERYONE on these forums agreed to have RARE weapons
NO ONE agreed to have them in less than a RARE fashion

Reactions: Nezzer
Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2 HEROES of Stalingrad

STG44 didn't ruin RO:Ostfront for a reason

MKb42 will ruin Heroes of Stalingrad

and as a observation, why then not allow 6 snipers for each side ? better than this nonsense

BRING BACK OUR HEROES

EVERYONE on these forums agreed to have RARE weapons
NO ONE agreed to have them in less than a RARE fashion

Quoted for truth.

For gods sake listen to the community Tripwire.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Aside from the bog letters I agree.

Ramm said often that RO2 is not RO1, but now he draws the comparison between them, because it's convenient. :rolleyes:

Sure, it;s the same ammount of MKB/STG;s, but the flow of RO2 favours automatic weapons alot more than RO1

Upvote 0
Honestly I have no problem with the amount of MP40s in the game. Although there are more than in your average German rifle platoon (I haven't found as much info on Soviet units), units participating in assaults were definitely given more SMGs.

My problem is the number of prototype weapons and semi-automatics, the former which was probably not even there in the first place, and the latter which was still really rare.

I know the forum is a tiny percentage of the total playerbase but I'm seeing a massive outcry from almost everyone new and old alike on this forum about this. So why not just change it to make people happy TWI?

I looked on the steam RO forums, same deal, and there's even more newcomers over there.

Upvote 0
Ok in turn:

3) About having too many MkB's - the amount of MkB's when fixed is similar to the amount of STG's in Ostfront. It didn't ruin that game...

I think there is one rather crucial difference. STG was a standard-issue firearm on the maps it was present in Ostfront whereas the Mkb is an extremely rare prototype weapon that may or may not had been used in the actual Battle of Stalingrad but in HoS even after the change it will be just as common if not even more common weapon than the most widely used German SMG of the whole war, the MP40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Read what came after that, when I brought the semi-autos into the argument. You lost me when you implied I had argued there was a dif between auto & "fully" auto. I think you just misread the post.

I saw your mention of Semi-automatic weapons. You were comparing all of your points:

automatic weapons from the Classes Assault/SL/TL,
add in the lmg's, and it's a fully automatic
(the MG Class)

and Semi-automatic weapons of the Elite Rifleman Class) to the ratio of the Bolt Action Rifles (Rifleman Class).

I was merely being a jerk when I was pointing out when you mentioned the automatic weapons and the fully automatic weapons, as if they were different things. But I guess you misread that.

And we are giving them feed back, some not as nice as others...

I do understand. Feedback is what gets things noticed and fixed. Though, my personal preferences is that feedback should be thought out and well constructed.

I do not mean to offend anyone, I'm just very blunt at times. So many QQ posts just get annoying after a while, so I start replying to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0