• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

Whoa whoa whoa, before we unlock weapons soley based on player class what about limiting weapon types for specific official maps?

Wouldn't that offer the most variety if we were forced to use early weapons on some maps (ie more bolt actions and early smgs) rather than people having access to sgt 44s and avt-40s every map?

Ostfront had maps like this, and I know Ostfront had a broader coverage considering it had early 1941 and late war 1944 maps, where the weapons would be different. RO2's focus is Stalingrad which narrows the time period down unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Pressing 6 only makes it semi-auto, it doesn't double the magazine capacity to 20.

Which means that you've just turned your AVT into an SVT. So, what's the point of it? Come to think of it, what's the point of an automatic assault rifle with a 10 round magazine fed by stripper clips? It makes more sense to just choose an SVT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Squad leaders should not have it, otherwise everyone will just play them in order to get the weapon and not to actually play the squad leader role. Same thing with the commander.

The best solution i see is to add another Elite Assault class that has both, MP-40 and MKb. The class should be limited to 1-3 units on a 32-64 player map. It might be difficult and will require another wipe of the stats, but as I see it, it will make things better.

If that's not the way, then just limit this weapon so that just the Heroes can have it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok, ive been playing since the update, and its good, but its still way too much. Those things imbalance everything, really.

Theres a few experiments twi can do to fix this. Just get in a server, and look at the insane amount of kills this thing racks up. Just finished a spartanovka round, which we won as russians where a single guy, with an mkb taking cover in a bush, took out a 6 man squad. By himself. By spraying. Seriously, you could feel his m1 finger not lifting. It is both historically innacurate, and unbalancing.

Also, there is another great reason, and i think its the biggest one. Inmersion is being killed because of these things. It actually encourages run and gun, and not the extreme caution, and focus on positioning and gunplay this game has. Some guy before mentioned how much the sound of the game changed since you introduced this weapons, and he is right right right. All i listen now is the chatter of full autos. Not to mention mp40s and ppshs are gone from every single map. They are just not used anymore. Either tweak the balance of this weapons, giving players a reason to use an mp40 over an mkb, or limit the amount of these weapons that can be on the ground at a time. I know people will whine, but its the right thing to do.

Please, fix this mess. Its not funny anymore. You promised us rare weapons, for god's sake, make them rare. Its not that hard. We'll actually like seeing one on the field, planning to take it out, making it a tactical problem to be solved, rather than cursing because 6 assaults are stroming the entire map by themselves.

This is a halfway fix, and its only turning the game more grey. Either cater to the tactical shoot public, or to the run and gun one. I think i know where the player base is leaning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which means that you've just turned your AVT into an SVT. So, what's the point of it? Come to think of it, what's the point of an automatic assault rifle with a 10 round magazine fed by stripper clips? It makes more sense to just choose an SVT.

If you have a light finger, it does 2rd bursts quite nicely. I was just saying it is select fire, not full auto only.

Upvote 0
I wonder what happened to the authenticity and realism TWI was once so proud of...
Realism got scrapped because games like CoD sell better.. Naah. I'm just trolling. Seriously now. It got scrapped because CoD players do not like realism.
Man this thread is pathetic, you all are pathetic. Sooooo much complaining in here, its as if you are all a bunch of little internet teenagers. Either deal with what TWI is doing or don't play. Jesus
Yes father, I'll exactly like you say because people shouldn't never discontent and pay happily for broken products and never ask them to be fixed.

Its just there so the russians dont think the germans are too op as it is right now the avt is a svt with a weird "I can shoot god" modus
Yes that's what you do when firing auto, might hit a couple of seagulls too if you're lucky. Then again MKB is the new no-recoil nazi fantasy weapon. It's everything that the real counterpart wasn't, according the literature and videos I've seen. (Never had a chance to fire one myself.) R01 version felt more like the real thing based on previously said. You still could use it in CQB but had to use single fire mode from distance. I really felt wicked using this new one as it was like hacking. Every guns' best qualities gathered in one.

Upvote 0
I wonder what happened to the community they were once so proud of?

Nothing but smarmy, smartarse comments from them so far.
What? Do you think a good community is the one that remains silent when the devs do someting they don't like? Yeah, there are some unpolite people who just scream crap out loud, but there are other who try to discuss it politely like many people here.

Upvote 0
What? Do you think a good community is the one that remains silent when the devs do someting they don't like? Yeah, there are some unpolite people who just scream crap out loud, but there are other who try to discuss it politely like many people here.

This.

I think everybody is entitled so put forward their view on how things should be. Especially with things easily changeable, which have a big impact on gameplay.

Personally, I think TWI has gone overboard to please the 'new crowd' (no offense intended), and alienated alot of their fanbase who like a bit more authentic gameplay.

Upvote 0

yeah, most of us arent talking in a foul manner here. We're just trying to get this back on track, as the game we told we were being sold. I still love it, and im glad the devs are around reading this stuff. Trolls gonna troll and haters gonna hate, i think caring about what happens to the game is actually a (weird) form of support.

Upvote 0
I think there is one rather crucial difference. STG was a standard-issue firearm on the maps it was present in Ostfront whereas the Mkb is an extremely rare prototype weapon that may or may not had been used in the actual Battle of Stalingrad but in HoS even after the change it will be just as common if not even more common weapon than the most widely used German SMG of the whole war, the MP40.

this needs repeating... the 6/side thing might be true for the Stg45 at later stages of the war, but NOT for the Mkb... the Mkb was a prototype and a total of 11,833 guns were produced for field trials between late 42 and early 43 (and one run of the even earlier prototype, for whitch i cant find numbers, but presumably less than the second run).

that means that even if we assume that every single one of those guns from the second prototype production run went to stalingrad that means that only one in 36 german soldiers would have one at the time of the soviet counter offensive (whitch is when i assume HoS takes place).
and that is if ALL of the guns went to just stalingrad.

so 6 guns each side is not an accurate number in any way...

Reactions: Xile
Upvote 0