• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Extremely weird looking muzzle flashes

Yes, that's when watching it and when shooting under low-light conditions and especially when doing perfectly timed photos.
When shooting yourself you can hardly see any muzzleflash.

Perhaps YOU can't see it.
But I would urge you not to make up your own version of my reality.

You are not nearly as cool as Adam Savage dude.

No, we shot the rifle, and I definitely see the fireball. Low light or not, We have all seen the fireball.

Perhaps there is something wrong with your perception of your own events?

Upvote 0
I kind of hate to bring this back up, but I feel I need to defend the muzzle flashes as they are represented right now in game. Watching through some of the videos with Ramm playing around, pwning bots, the smgs look to be much more effective and devastating than in HoS, mainly due to reduced recoil (or maybe it's just Ramm:eek:). I personally like the heavy muzzle flashes because without them I think fully automatic weapons will be much, much more effective than in the first game (even more so than they look to be now). So for the sake of some sort of mini-balancing, I see no problem with the muzzle flashes as is.

Upvote 0
The muzzle flashes are a necessary part of the game, you have to realize absolute realism does not translate to fun in any way.

Muzzle flashes are a necessary function of good gameplay, they help you to locate enemy fire.

Because people are allowed to prone, and considering the massive amount of cover in the game, the lack of muzzle flashes would cause a horrific impact on the gameplay.

Sometimes I wish you guys would put the game first, and your obsession to detail second.

Upvote 0
The muzzle flashes are a necessary part of the game, you have to realize absolute realism does not translate to fun in any way.

Muzzle flashes are a necessary function of good gameplay, they help you to locate enemy fire.

Because people are allowed to prone, and considering the massive amount of cover in the game, the lack of muzzle flashes would cause a horrific impact on the gameplay.

Sometimes I wish you guys would put the game first, and your obsession to detail second.

Interesting point, but as this is a tactical shooter people who leap before they look get killed any ways, not like a big flashy *your shooter is over there* is gonna help them .1 second before they die...

Upvote 0
Interesting point, but as this is a tactical shooter people who leap before they look get killed any ways, not like a big flashy *your shooter is over there* is gonna help them .1 second before they die...

In a game with map design consisting of blown out buildings with a rifleman hiding in a window, seeing your opponents general location from a muzzleflash is the difference between a skill based shooter, and a game of who saw who.

Reactions: Oldih and OneDuck
Upvote 0
The idea is that we want to play a game where these weapons are as deadly as they should be.

Not gimped because people think it wouldn't be fair to be killed by someone they can't see.

Having that sort of game play makes RO players think more tactically. Not knowing or being sure where some shots are coming from shapes a much more realistic experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The muzzle flashes are a necessary part of the game [...]
Frightening thinking on your post, I must say. This game is about REALISM as far as it goes. Why ruin it with ultra-gamey thinking?

If you can locate enemy from realistic looking muzzle flashes, it

Upvote 0
In a game with map design consisting of blown out buildings with a rifleman hiding in a window, seeing your opponents general location from a muzzleflash is the difference between a skill based shooter, and a game of who saw who.

Presuming you don't have problems with eyesight or your monitor is not FUBAR, it's not difficult to spot even a realistic muzzle flash in broad daylight in more realistic game, presuming you're under fire by a weapon that produces noticable muzzle flash.

Knighted said:
you have to realize absolute realism does not translate to fun in any way.

Well so far in RO2 you don't have to dig foxholes, do field latrines, do latrines in general, maintain your gear, patch damages to your tunic, apply dye and\or polish to leather gear, pry off hobnails for beter friction among some other things, listen your NCO yell about sleeping on duty etc etc. RO2 is far, far away from absolute realism no matter how you twist it.

Upvote 0