• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Just got in the alpha today, not sure if it's been mentioned yet so I'll just mention this anyway. Nvidia beta drivers 280.19 fix some crashing issues people have been having. Give it a shot if you are having issues.

[url]http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-280.19-beta-driver.html[/URL]

So far I think the game is pretty good, driving the troop transport was pretty fun, that thing moves really fast now. Can't wait to try the other vehicles, and most importantly, I can't wait to fly. It'd be awesome if the beta had jets in it.

Upvote 0
Just got in the alpha today, not sure if it's been mentioned yet so I'll just mention this anyway. Nvidia beta drivers 280.19 fix some crashing issues people have been having. Give it a shot if you are having issues.

[url]http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-280.19-beta-driver.html[/URL]

So far I think the game is pretty good, driving the troop transport was pretty fun, that thing moves really fast now. Can't wait to try the other vehicles, and most importantly, I can't wait to fly. It'd be awesome if the beta had jets in it.
How did you get a hold of the alpha? did you get an invite? I have a Veterancy status of 7, and I would think that would be enough.

Upvote 0
How did you get a hold of the alpha? did you get an invite? I have a Veterancy status of 7, and I would think that would be enough.

Invites are sent out in waves. I think all you need is EA newsletter + BF Vet 1 to be considered. My friend got an invite with just BF Vet 2. I got an invite with BF Vet 5. We both got invites in the 2nd wave (yesterday).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Why do idiots insist on having an opinion on something they've never played?

Just a small reply: Then what are forum discussions for?
If we can't make opinions on things we haven't played (99% of the active forum threads) it would be very quiet here.

I can't play that much because the servers keep disconnecting me after 1 round

Yay the thing that drove me away from BC2 is still in:(
[disclaimer]And yes I know it is alpha and it could be fixed[/disclaimer]

Upvote 0
Lol @ the second highest rated comment. :rolleyes:

HITLER-OH-YOU.jpg

Upvote 0
Exactly what RO2 doesn't need, pseudo-TWI-fanboys spamming how awesome RO2 is in every BF3/CoD forum/channel.

More people know about RO2 = Bigger the playerbase will be. My comment was harmless and didn't insult anyone/anything directly. :) Besides it cant be too bad if people thumb it up. Though youtubes comments are usually just pointless Justin Bieber and X people who disliked are Y stuff anyway.

Upvote 0
As an Alpha tester I can confirm that this is only slight exaggeration.

To get into the alpha (if you have high Vet at least) you need to sign up to their news letter while signed in on the account you want to receive it. You'll get an e-mail. (I got mine the next day but they were doing a wave of invites then)
How exactly does one sign up for the EA newsletter? I checked the box that said "inform me about games, promotions, blablabla" ... is that the same thing?

Upvote 0
The release date changed from 25.10. to 27.11 on the Origin store, there's already a thread about it on the BF3 alpha forums which gets like 20 replies a minute. No official word from DICE/EA yet.

Might have something to do with the feedback threads on the alpha forums. There's petition threads for commo rose, commander ,6 man squads and the removal of 3d spotting. Some of them have over 2000 replys.

I actually hope that they do delay the release if they are going to implement these features, and for once listen to the community. Not getting my hopes up though, it's EA/DICE after all.

..Or, it's just a bug/error on the store page, somehow i feel thats more probable cause.

Last edited:
Upvote 0