• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

TBH they delivered most of their promises for BC2. It's quite bug-free, and runs smoothly on most PC's. Only problem was the lack of post-launch content support, which was because they diverted their resources too soon to other products(that terrible MoH).

If they at least include mod tools this time(I highly doubt though), BF3 is going to be a huge success.

Upvote 0
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/21/dice-on-battlefield-3-pc-gamers-have-higher-expectations/

PC players have their own set of requirements. They tend to play only on PC, and they know their PCs have capabilities beyond that of a console. The gap is narrowing, but PCs still have a clear advantage in memory. PC players also demand a PC interface, a server browser, and anything that feels like it might have been “ported” from a console is going to get flamed hard. They are more forgiving of complex systems and will tear any design down into its parts to really figure out how it works. It’s a damn sight harder to please a PC player, they have higher expectations

No sh!t Sherlock.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Didn't they say the same thing for BC2?

I mean, DICE and other developers keep telling every community that same line, and I've been fed it too many times to even believe one single word.

I'll make up my mind as soon as I see some hard facts.
THIS. I don't believe a word they are saying. They said all of the exact things about BC2 and look where that got us.

Just by the game not supporting 64 players, we know already that this game won't even have the same feature level of BF2. The only way to make a TRUE sequel to BF2 is to make it PC only and expand on what that game had to offer, without even acknowledging these Bad Company side-show games.

By it being on Frostbite almost demands that it feel and work at least somewhat like the Bad Company games which is a real shame. I don't know if DICE knows how to make a truly great PC game anymore.

Oh and ...
Must be kidding right?
LOL yeah, if anything the gap has widened exponentially between what consoles and PCs can do. What year is this guy living in?

Last edited:
Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
It's pretty hillarious watching all thease developers and publishers backtrack like this, for years all we've heard from them is "the PC is dead", but ooopsie, turns it it isen't, and there is infact a huge market on the PC that is fed up with crappy Console ports, an which has only gotten stronger whilst Console game sales have been declining, and now they are all bending over backwards to appease us with promises of dedicated servers and server browsers, and pretty words about how they will try harder to make us happy.. too bad it's all PR newspeak though, just more smoke up our arses, and the games still wont be what the PC community wants.

I'd bet heavily on mod support on release or soon thereafter. It's a huge part of the success of BF2...

Why? this is still getting published by EA is it not? and mod support has been strictly verboten by EA last i heard, so unless they have annouced a change of policy recently that i'm not aware of, then i woulden't count on it..

Upvote 0