• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

I think I'll be sitting this release out. BF3 got plenty of play time for me but it ended up boring me faster than BC2. I didn't buy any of the DLC except for Back to Karkand, particularly because all those co-op missions they promised never freaking materialized.

I'll be fine paying for BF4 at a discount, but the series simply doesn't grab me anymore. That and I honestly don't have time to sit down to hours of MP like I used to.

Upvote 0
It's a shame but not surprising that DICE is once again making a big budget SP campaign that no one really cares about. *sigh*

On the bright side, the new lighting they are using DOES look incredible, and I won't judge the game too harshly until I see what they're doing for MP. It's just very disappointing to see a flashy SP campaign when all of us really want is that money to be spent on improving the MP experience ...

All they need to do is show me what vehicles I can put C4 on and steer into other vehicles with. That's it.

Upvote 0
It's a shame but not surprising that DICE is once again making a big budget SP campaign that no one really cares about. *sigh*

On the bright side, the new lighting they are using DOES look incredible, and I won't judge the game too harshly until I see what they're doing for MP. It's just very disappointing to see a flashy SP campaign when all of us really want is that money to be spent on improving the MP experience ...

It's just a thing now, AAA publishers put single player in to multilayer, it's basically provides free advertisements as you can slap that on to the back of the box and make your game look more than it is. The scripted scenes also make good trailer bait and make the same seem more flashy than it is.

Upvote 0