• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

Grenade spam was actually ridiculously common in real war.

Just like in a video game, why wouldn't you throw all your frags into an enemy stronghold with the possibility of killing all of em. Just be glad people in RO can only carry 2 frags instead of 6+

Wow, I didnt expect that at all coming from you. You are definately getting soft on me.

Reactions: Flyguy2000
Upvote 0
I also kinda worry about this. What's to stop the squad leader flanking all around the map and 'camp' next to or behind the enemy spawn, and send off unrealistic flanking attacks that way while the rest of his team is still battling for the first objective? I don't mind that in BFBC2 but in RO it might be really out of place. Perhaps it's better if players can spawn in buildings that are conquered rather than on the squad leader?

Maybe people can spawn in the conquered house closest to the SL.

Or maybe the SL should have to make it to a certain resupply area to respawn troops on him.

Upvote 0
Maybe people can spawn in the conquered house closest to the SL.

Or maybe the SL should have to make it to a certain resupply area to respawn troops on him.

I was thinking something closer to killing floor's "barricaded hallways that bend out of view that the Zs can safely spawn in" maybe with a spawnTV or something (I know, I know, tv only was in a commercial use in the 50s) so they can at least see if someone is looking at the corner they have to come around when they spawn :p

Upvote 0
After last Crosshairs I'm generally settle, but one thing comes to my mind.

This. I dislike idea where player can respawn on or near squad leader. Mobile spawns may ruin typical for RO:O gameplay elements like keeping frontline secure, cutting new waves of troops from objectives by placing good artillery or keeping flag clear.
Now with mobile respawn it will look like in Battlefiled 2 where one guy (squad leader) hide close to flag and keep spawn alive. It might look odd, where SL will hide himself in one of the cellars on Danzig/Apartments and do nothing more.
I think newly respawned soldiers should start atleast 200 meters from squad leader or they cannot respawn too close to flag area so defender can shoot them on their way to SL. Also soldiers "popping out" from nowhere right in the middle of firefight are just arghhh... EA/DICE made that mistake, don't make it TWI too.

I might be wrong in my statement because I haven't seen how does it work, but such things are usually abused by players in many ways (e.g. Battlefiled series) and as I said before it could ruin RO:O spirit, original spawning idea and running to flag across enemy defenses lines.

+1 for me as stated before.

Spawning close to the squadleader is something that is potentially dangerous. One thing I love while playing is actually having to think about reinforcement routes.

I hope that the squad leader won't be forced to hide to keep the forward spawn alive. I would much rather have it that if the squad leader dies people spawn close to next highest person in rank. So a squad leader could actually lead an attack, rather than be forced to stay somewhere out of harms way.

If people have to walk less to the cap zone that means they start at a shorter range towards the cap zone as well, leaving no space to defend. And potentially placing people at a distance from the cap zone in smg range rather than over 200 meters aka rifle range, making defensive rifleman potentially somewhat useless.

I'm afraid that it could possibly reduce the time to get back to the same spot where you got shot again. As the respawn timer is already only about 20 seconds in Roost, this means that someone potentially could throw a nade at your location within a minute that you shot and killed him.

Finally I'm afraid that if 1 squad leader manages to sneak through a teams defences that suddenly the entire enemy team is spawning in your flank.

We all have to see the implementation, but I really hope it won't be like BF2 or BC2. As although it groups people together, it takes the flow out of the gameplay, replacing it with a big meatgrinder. For me every battlefield map plays the same as although the scenarios look different, they all feel and play exactly the same to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a player that primarly plays as an MG, where the whole point it area denial the spawning on SL has to be one of my biggest concerns. I was thinking of Saving Private Ryan(I know a movie) where they are pinned down next the the bunker and wave after wave of guys is being sent to try and get past the mg nest. What is going to happen when one of those guys is a SL and other players can start spawning on him and literally skip past the gauntlet of fire?

I was thinking of some of my grips with OST and none of them couldn't be written off as limitations of the engine. SL spawning has to be the only feature that is built in that takes to much realism away in order to improve game play.

Upvote 0
I've asked some friends in my unit what they think about this and the consensus has been a slight majority negative. Keeping squads together is important, however: The problem I see in this squad leader spawning system is that it could reduce the value of kills and encourage rambo style play. Part of what makes people take cover in RO is the desire to avoid respawn and walking back to the front. I don't think there is enough information yet about the system to make any kind of final judgement. This is something that has to be experienced or seen in detail to really understand the impact on game play.

Upvote 0
As a player that primarly plays as an MG, where the whole point it area denial the spawning on SL has to be one of my biggest concerns. I was thinking of Saving Private Ryan(I know a movie) where they are pinned down next the the bunker and wave after wave of guys is being sent to try and get past the mg nest. What is going to happen when one of those guys is a SL and other players can start spawning on him and literally skip past the gauntlet of fire?

I was thinking of some of my grips with OST and none of them couldn't be written off as limitations of the engine. SL spawning has to be the only feature that is built in that takes to much realism away in order to improve game play.

it doesn't improve anything. it was probabaly done to appease the gameplay(aka, too many controls are confusing) crowd.

Upvote 0
I've asked some friends in my unit what they think about this and the consensus has been a slight majority negative. Keeping squads together is important, however: The problem I see in this squad leader spawning system is that it could reduce the value of kills and encourage rambo style play. Part of what makes people take cover in RO is the desire to avoid respawn and walking back to the front. I don't think there is enough information yet about the system to make any kind of final judgement. This is something that has to be experienced or seen in detail to really understand the impact on game play.

I have to admit the hard core guy has a point, I like the current spawn system in RO1. I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope it's server option, but I'm willing to see what it's like first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who knows what gametypes allow for this spawn system? From what very little I know of the system, it would seem to make perfect sense in a campaign mode. Or, perhaps its a map specific option? Who knows? How can anyone here say if its a a good thing or a bad thing? One can only speculate. Speculation and a dollar won't even buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Just wasted breath, imo.

Seriously, guys. I can see why Ramm gets miffed at times. Its as if you think TW just pulls ideas out of thin air and applies them on a whim without any forethought what so ever. And apparently half of you haven't even read (or comprehended) what little has been officially said about the spawn system.

Upvote 0
For all we know, mobile/leader spawns may be extremely regulated.

Only certain players/certain amount/certain locations.

It would really suck to be chasing a player, go around the corner to mow him down and be met with an instant mob...

Perhaps the officer will have to physically place something on the map to allow people to spawn there? Something like WW2online mobile spawn trucks. You put it in a bad location and it'll get knocked out. Maybe there will be a limited amount of these sort of like artillery, so haphazardly placing them be detrimental.

But I trust TI, they have produced quality games with immersion and realism as key factors, I trust them enough to believe that they know how to do this.

Upvote 0

Yes, and exactly why there should be no SL Spawing system if that turns out to be the case.
And like Wahoo, I also like the RO:Ost Spawning System.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another problem is it can affect the 'line' or the 'front' of the battle, Because of one person who is the squad leader happens to get behind enemy lines, a sudden wave of troops are behind the lines..

I haven't played it so i cant be sure what it's like although it is definitely one of the biggest concerns on the game i have

That and "relaxed" realism servers splitting the community

Upvote 0