• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

Great ibleedv20, looking forward to listening to it again. ibleedv20 has a great point, lets not waste our time wishing and *****ing. lol I admit I can get greedy with new features. This game looks so good now, so anything else we get is just icing on the cake. Negativity just fuels negativity.

Thanks to ibleedv20 we got some new tid bit of info about the game and I'm sure there is more to come with time. Besides RO2 will have some great mods coming out from the gate. If you buy RO2 it's like getting four games in one. :D Name any other game with this much support from the mod community. What we need to do is help TWI get the word out. Being the new Fanboy of TWI, I've posted links to the Markydragon/John interview on 22 clan websites. How about we start a good old RO2 campaign of our own? Or something fun here. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you ever fired a rifle?
some weapons like the Thompson submachine gun seem to have a habit of moving up. With high high powered cardridges it seems to be similar (FG42). But submachineguns should be very easy to control at least when fired in bursts. I dont mind if it is geting somewhat a "bit" up. But it was exagerated in RO:O with many of the weapons. The machineguns suffer from that as it makes the bypod questionable their weight supports here a lot and their design as well so they dont really push upwards the Pa-pa-sha and MP40 have been both known for beeing easy to shoot (somewhat). Though in RO:O even just a shurt burst would sometimes kick you like a mule. And I doubt anyone has to post now videos of old grandmas shooting MP40s to prove any point.

Upvote 0
One thing that impressed me most was the balance with the wepons.Like every gun I have ever fired at shoots or ranges these weapons have that feel where you know you can adapt to it.

Even after firing a period M1 Garand which is crude by todays standards you could intelligently figure out the weapon and improve rapidly.

There is the individual feel of the weapons with each of their personalities but I have rarely fired a weapon where my 2nd 3rd or 4th shot wasn't some improvement over the last. While you don't have the feel of the weight of the gun in your hands or the pull of the trigger you do have the resultant kick and sighting mechanics.

That,s Realism. Weapons manufacturers strive to accomodate the shooter for accuracy.

Sigggggh. missing the gamealready

Reactions: Bashenka
Upvote 0
Oh by the way I finished editing the cast and am just waiting for it to be

posted at BASH.
Thanks for backing up what I've been trrrrrrrying to say around these parts, but this community can indeed be a very stubborn bunch, which is part of what makes us who we are as a community, for better AND worse!

Oh and when do you think the cast will be posted? How long does that usually take?

Upvote 0
some weapons like the Thompson submachine gun seem to have a habit of moving up. With high high powered cardridges it seems to be similar (FG42). But submachineguns should be very easy to control at least when fired in bursts. I dont mind if it is geting somewhat a "bit" up. But it was exagerated in RO:O with many of the weapons. The machineguns suffer from that as it makes the bypod questionable their weight supports here a lot and their design as well so they dont really push upwards the Pa-pa-sha and MP40 have been both known for beeing easy to shoot (somewhat). Though in RO:O even just a shurt burst would sometimes kick you like a mule. And I doubt anyone has to post now videos of old grandmas shooting MP40s to prove any point.

Thanks for the clarification. I too think the smg's as quite exaggerated. WW2OL handles them fairly well IMO.

Upvote 0
The movement in RO:OST was an issue for many of us that have played FPS games for a while. The movement in the first game was very clunky compared to what we are used to from other games.

I hope that they have made the movement feel more realistic, smooth. This would really clear up the main issue my clan and others felt was a problem before.

I think Tripwire will have a big hit with this game based on all of the content that has been given. Hopefully there will be some great ladder and league play associated with RO:HS.

Upvote 0
unlocks! they worry me....i spend too much time farming in games like LoL already...and its "F2P"! It will probably be disabled by serveradmins pretty fast though.

Also..the point someone else mentioned with tank AI not doing what you want them to also worries me. Hope theres an easy and intuitive way to order them to: "Fire at will", "Fire at command", "Fire at target" etc.

Also...whats this I'm reading about zoom? Is zoom when using ironsights in?

Upvote 0
this is getting to be quite an annoying thread, why can't you just wait until you get your hands on the game so you can pass a fair judgement on how the things that you are already getting upset about will actually play out in the gameplay.
Oh and you might trust the devs a bit too...:rolleyes:

The issue with that is your money is already spent by then. :)

Upvote 0
I probably wrote this before, but I'm going to repeat it anyway. I sincerely hope that ROHOS attracts more players and I really think it will, a lot of them,

...but I just know that more than a few of those new players will be nothing but griefers. Not just the tk'ers, those blocking areas with vehicles or just doing stupid things to really disrupt the gameplay. I have been trying to play some RO and DH more lately, but the encounters with these idiots has just been increasing.

Just had to say that and vent a little...

Upvote 0
I probably wrote this before, but I'm going to repeat it anyway. I sincerely hope that ROHOS attracts more players and I really think it will, a lot of them,

...but I just know that more than a few of those new players will be nothing but griefers. Not just the tk'ers, those blocking areas with vehicles or just doing stupid things to really disrupt the gameplay. I have been trying to play some RO and DH more lately, but the encounters with these idiots has just been increasing.

Best bet is to stay out of the relaxed realism servers. That would probably decrease it, but I am sure someone them might spill over into normal mode servers...

But that is just a fact of online gaming. Thankfully the bots look a bit more than brain dead in RO2. This way when you can't get a game, at least you can have some fun offline. :D

Upvote 0

Every game has its own group of retarded players than try and disrupt the gameplay.

Just ignore them they will get bored and go away eventually.

Upvote 0