• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

Forssen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
Sweden
There is a tread about what we are most of all looking forward to in HoS. In this one you should tell what in HoS you are most worried will make the game less pleasurable. Cause new features are scary.

I will begin.
I'm worried the zoom will destroy some of the immersion, something that for me is most attracting with Ost is how easy it is to almost dream away into it the same way you do when reading a good book.

Please continue, you are allowed to cheer each-other up.

Maps, I guess. The SS show them off pretty well, and I like what I'm seeing, except in one level of the tank demo where it was just leagues of flat, snowy nothingness. That was one thing that held me up from enjoying RO, were the maps. TWI has come a long way since then though, so I'm not all that worried.

I suggest you start examining images from the Eastern Front.
One example of thousands
Grenadier-08.jpg

Maps will come once the game is out, Im sure of that.

I'd go with zoom. One of the things I don't like about games like ArmA and whatnot. Feels awkward.

Maybe followed by the whole spawn with your team and teleport when capturing an objective thing.

That is top on my list.
I really do not like that idea, does not let a team exploit their breakthrough.
*EDIT: Hmm the respawn feature might be just one of the game modes, I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix Ostheim
Upvote 0
1) I'm worried that a lot of maps will be excluded, like Smolensk Stalemate for one. I mean like they would not do a remake of it, as a Stalingrad variant, like what they are doing for Danzig.

2)24/7 Danzig servers

3) Tanking may get old, being so few options. Yes they are cool but after a while, seeing the periscope when you move etc, doesn't make up for this or that.

4) There won't be as many custom maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm worried about the $$$ for upgrading :p.

Seriously though... I'm not worried about much game-related... except for the tank bailing thing. Bailing was a huge exploit in RO1 though so I'm not sure I can offer a better solution then they have...

Oh yeah and as someone in a clan I'm worried that clans will still play retarded 8v8 matches despite the fact that we'll undoubtedly have more than enough people playing the game to have 16v16 matches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suggest you start examining images from the Eastern Front.
One example of thousands
Grenadier-08.jpg

Maps will come once the game is out, Im sure of that.

That is top on my list.
I really do not like that idea, does not let a team exploit their breakthrough.
*EDIT: Hmm the respawn feature might be just one of the game modes, I'd like to know.

It's just the Countdown game-mode. Respawns work as usual in territory.

Upvote 0