• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

There is a tread about what we are most of all looking forward to in HoS. In this one you should tell what in HoS you are most worried will make the game less pleasurable. Cause new features are scary.

I will begin.
I'm worried the zoom will destroy some of the immersion, something that for me is most attracting with Ost is how easy it is to almost dream away into it the same way you do when reading a good book.

Please continue, you are allowed to cheer each-other up.
I am actually worried about the recoil of weapons as it seems that they still climb rather upwards then simply push in to your shoulder.

Upvote 0
I've asked some friends in my unit what they think about this and the consensus has been a slight majority negative. Keeping squads together is important, however: The problem I see in this squad leader spawning system is that it could reduce the value of kills and encourage rambo style play. Part of what makes people take cover in RO is the desire to avoid respawn and walking back to the front. I don't think there is enough information yet about the system to make any kind of final judgement. This is something that has to be experienced or seen in detail to really understand the impact on game play.

I agree with this post. Spawning people at the front and then teleporting them to the front after capturing an objective just kills the pace, tactics, and movement that was nice in RO1.

You don't need an unrealistic/DH style suppression system if you're actually scared of dying. This will never happen in a game... but I will play more carefully knowing that if I die, I will resapwn, have to talk for one minute, and get past that MG again rather than experience a 1st person heart attack, die and respawn right at the front with the squad leader.

Both of these features seem artificial and kill immersion.

And which game modes will feature the instant teleport and spawning with squad leaders? If I where to make a filter to filter out such a game mode, say I am playing a server, and it changes to the game mode that I filtered out. Am I auto kicked from the server?

Upvote 0
I'm worried that it might come too late. We still don't have much gameplay around, mostly words and I'm not sure if TWI will be able to deliver on time. As the months pass by without a release date, I'm thinking that TWI just doesn't have the manpower to deliver on all fronts.

It might have beaten Black Ops, but if you deliver a outdated product after the giants like Battlefield 3, it might flop. I love RO, I've played thousands of hours but after innovations like destruction and graphics from BF, more "fluid" movement and better interfaces found in the newer games I can't get myself to try it again. I hope they release it around Summer, to get a lead before the ****storm in September/October.

Upvote 0
- The dumb sudden "minefield" function when the opposing team captures a zone. Often i was guarding an area, the enemy caps, suddenly i'm in a minefield.

- Ultra fast running up stairs. The player doesn't slow down when running up a flight of stairs. Very Unreal. Just look at some gameplay movies where a guy runs op the stairs.. *shudder*

- Hearing teammates call for help/ammo *inside my head*, rather than 3d positioned audio ingame.
This. :IS2:

Yoshiro just replied to me in another thread that there are no plans for 3d positioned audio/voip.

I can't believe Tripwire chooses voices inside my head over real life 3Daudio battlefield shouts. It's preposterous.

Some player yells "Grenade!", all 31 of us hear it loudly spoken as if he's right in front of us. Where is the grenade? Quickly, open the minimap and find the icon of the player to determine if the threat is close to you!

Repeat the above for calls such as "Need ammo!", "Enemy spotted!" etc. Good thing all soldiers back then had a minimap overlay with icons to help them out! Following a sound source would be silly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoshiro just replied to me in another thread that there are no plans for 3d positioned audio/voip.

I can't believe Tripwire chooses voices inside my head over real life 3Daudio battlefield shouts. It's preposterous.

Some player yells "Grenade!", all 31 of us hear it loudly spoken as if he's right in front of us. Where is the grenade? Quickly, open the minimap and find the icon of the player to determine if the threat is close to you!

Repeat the above for calls such as "Need ammo!", "Enemy spotted!" etc. Good thing all soldiers back then had a minimap overlay with icons to help them out! Following a sound source would be silly.

If you read it, he only says they will not have 3D VOIP. Yoshiro does not say anything about 3D voice commands either being in or not in the game. To the best of my knowledge, they are two different things.

"We are not currently looking to support 3d VOIP. There are several complaints/threads on the topic already, but I don't have a link handy."

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
If you read it, he only says they will not have 3D VOIP. Yoshiro does not say anything about 3D voice commands either being in or not in the game. To the best of my knowledge, they are two different things.

"We are not currently looking to support 3d VOIP. There are several complaints/threads on the topic already, but I don't have a link handy."
Mr Moe you are correct. I've been looking up post regarding this issue and mistakenly mixed up two statements. One by Yoshiro and one by somebody else.

For the record i hope Yoshiro can comment here and set the facts straight.

Upvote 0
Mr Moe you are correct. I've been looking up post regarding this issue and mistakenly mixed up two statements. One by Yoshiro and one by somebody else.

For the record i hope Yoshiro can comment here and set the facts straight.

My bet is that he didn't mention 3D voice commands on purpose. Because that would be confirming a new feature that they may not be able to announce yet.

Upvote 0
I'm worried that it might come too late. We still don't have much gameplay around, mostly words and I'm not sure if TWI will be able to deliver on time. As the months pass by without a release date, I'm thinking that TWI just doesn't have the manpower to deliver on all fronts.

It might have beaten Black Ops, but if you deliver a outdated product after the giants like Battlefield 3, it might flop. I love RO, I've played thousands of hours but after innovations like destruction and graphics from BF, more "fluid" movement and better interfaces found in the newer games I can't get myself to try it again. I hope they release it around Summer, to get a lead before the ****storm in September/October.
The game will never come to late. If you think that the Call of Duty's and Battlefield 3's of this world will innovate in the ways that RO2 will, you're crazy.

Seriously guys, I get the impression that the community thinks Tripwire Interactive is a group full of small children that can't make mature decisions for themselves. Why don't we just talk about the game and not whether or not we think Tripwire will make good business decisions. To erase all doubt, shall we have them delay the release of this game to 2012 just so that RO2 doesn't have to compete with the big boys? Wait, isn't this game supposed to do that? I'm confused. :)rolleyes:)

Upvote 0
The game will never come to late. If you think that the Call of Duty's and Battlefield 3's of this world will innovate in the ways that RO2 will, you're crazy.

Seriously guys, I get the impression that the community thinks Tripwire Interactive is a group full of small children that can't make mature decisions for themselves. Why don't we just talk about the game and not whether or not we think Tripwire will make good business decisions. To erase all doubt, shall we have them delay the release of this game to 2012 just so that RO2 doesn't have to compete with the big boys? Wait, isn't this game supposed to do that? I'm confused. :)rolleyes:)

Very true, but it's not TWI's decisions that I'm worried about. It's the release, not because RO2 won't show much more innovation than both CoD and BF3, but because of the mind-set of the audience. Most people are just going to buy CoD and BF3 because of the name. They'll need some serious convincing to break their tie. So, I hope TWI will make some good marketing decisions. Which I'm sure they will.

Upvote 0
There is a tread about what we are most of all looking forward to in HoS. In this one you should tell what in HoS you are most worried will make the game less pleasurable. Cause new features are scary.

I will begin.
I'm worried the zoom will destroy some of the immersion, something that for me is most attracting with Ost is how easy it is to almost dream away into it the same way you do when reading a good book.

Please continue, you are allowed to cheer each-other up.

no because in real life you can focus down range you don't always notice your doing it. maybe doesn't sound realistic in theory, but your eyes really do focus down range or up close. ever try to read a book after looking a small object down range. :IS2:

Upvote 0
no because in real life you can focus down range you don't always notice your doing it. maybe doesn't sound realistic in theory, but your eyes really do focus down range or up close. ever try to read a book after looking a small object down range. :IS2:

True, however even though it's more realistic I still find it very annoying, I'd like an option to disable it - yeah I'd even live with the disadvantage. Or have it so that when you hold your breath it comes on, zooming in and out whenever you scope or unscope makes me feel ill.

Upvote 0
Very true, but it's not TWI's decisions that I'm worried about. It's the release, not because RO2 won't show much more innovation than both CoD and BF3, but because of the mind-set of the audience. Most people are just going to buy CoD and BF3 because of the name. They'll need some serious convincing to break their tie. So, I hope TWI will make some good marketing decisions. Which I'm sure they will.
But all of the things you list that you are worried about are largely out of everyone's control. All Tripwire can do is do their best to make a great game and spend their marketing money wisely.

But there's little point in us discussing it.

Upvote 0
Please don't get angry.

If you could only hear yourself from the perspective of someone from outside the community.

The neurosis just flies off the page.

I realize you guys have been waiting a long time though.

You have the most awesome game coming your way that has more realism

and beautiful features that are so thoughtfully implemented with the most

honest promise of continued support behind it.

How lucky you are to be fans of THIS GAME.

Don't do the typical FPS community prerelease stomp all over this game.

Play RO Ostfront to keep the servers going and to keep the edge off until

you get closer to release date.

Get Photoshop out and have some contests or something.

Keep your spirits high and let the TWI devs feed off of that.

Oh by the way I finished editing the cast and am just waiting for it to be

posted at BASH.

Upvote 0
Please don't get angry.

If you could only hear yourself from the perspective of someone from outside the community.

The neurosis just flies off the page.

I realize you guys have been waiting a long time though.

You have the most awesome game coming your way that has more realism

and beautiful features that are so thoughtfully implemented with the most

honest promise of continued support behind it.

How lucky you are to be fans of THIS GAME.

Don't do the typical FPS community prerelease stomp all over this game.

Play RO Ostfront to keep the servers going and to keep the edge off until

you get closer to release date.

Get Photoshop out and have some contests or something.

Keep your spirits high and let the TWI devs feed off of that.

Oh by the way I finished editing the cast and am just waiting for it to be

posted at BASH.

Excellent, thanks ibleed

Upvote 0