• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's the worst Custom Killing Floor map?

Hemi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
1. KF-Doom 2... WILL YOU STOP HOSTING THIS STUPID MAP 24/7. lol ;)

2. KF-Defense. Terrible...just terrible. Campy maps are not for me. Each there own I guess.:)

3. All Arcade maps. FLASHY BANNERS EVERYWERE WITH STUPID JOKES HAHAHAHA, AND SKATEBOARDS/BASKETBALLS THAT CRASH CLIENTS!!! WOOHOO...no..just no. But allot of people like them somehow. :)

ps: this is nothing personal to the mappers. Just my opinion when it comes to these maps. And I think it might be interessting to see what people dislike when it comes to custom maps. Maybe it helps the map builders a bit dunno. :)

1. KF-Doom 2 - friggin small, boring map, very easy and predictable as you can learn spawn spots quick, heaven for commandos even though it should be more of a challenge. Just pathetic.
2. Once upon time in mexico or something like that - As far as I love story maps, this one I dislike even though it's "story" map: it's quite short, too hard when it comes to ammo and cash management, music is a just no for me, design... no coment. And now the worst thing - it's not whitelisted.
3. Some desert map I forgot name of, simply too big, too easy until Pat wave, cuz no cover makes it harder, monoschematic, going from trader to trader takes forever, boring.

Upvote 0
Oh god... Where to start.

Doom2? I avoided it for so long that I forgot it existed. This map is the epitome of boring. Small, everyone camps a hallway. I have no idea how it is so popular. The times I did play it it just seemed like it was demos and firebugs grinding damage or commandos camping the stalker drop in the brown room.

There are some other boring maps, the doom3 map, hallway - really anything that is entirely too campable where you sit in one direction and click mouse1.

One map I played recently, KF_Supermarket, there was literally a door you could open and walk outside the map and be stuck there. Crawlers got stuck in one of their spawns. The main room dropped my fps down to about 25, and the patriarch failed to spawn at all, resulting in us just standing around wondering where he was and then the 'your squad survived' message came on. I have no idea how this map was whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Oh god... Where to start.

Doom2? I avoided it for so long that I forgot it existed. This map is the epitome of boring. Small, everyone camps a hallway. I have no idea how it is so popular. The times I did play it it just seemed like it was demos and firebugs grinding damage or commandos camping the stalker drop in the brown room.

There are some other boring maps, the doom3 map, hallway - really anything that is entirely too campable where you sit in one direction and click mouse1.

One map I played recently, KF_Supermarket, there was literally a door you could open and walk outside the map and be stuck there. Crawlers got stuck in one of their spawns. The main room dropped my fps down to about 25, and the patriarch failed to spawn at all, resulting in us just standing around wondering where he was and then the 'your squad survived' message came on. I have no idea how this map was whitelisted.

Supermarket yeah...I remember that one. Shame really, cous it did have some good ideas.

Upvote 0
KF-xXx-420-Ganja-Farm-SephirothSniper-Smoke-Weed-For-Lyf-xXx.rom
I daresay that it's the worst map in the game. Way too small, horrible/broken specimen spawns, mediocre topography, and it looks no different from a normal (if tiny) farm. Everyone always votes for this because it's at the top of the map list and marijuana is like the coolest thing ever (if you're 12) but once the novelty wears off it's just bad.

Upvote 0
Well as far as I am concerned, the worst abomination to ever be made, was the DownTown map, ported from LOTD which didn't even have any textures. Just the standard UT bubble texture.

Whoever made it and released it, should have been shot.

The maps you guys have listed, maybe boring or have issues but they are like polished china compared to some of the tat I have played.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Well as far as I am concerned, the worst abomination to ever be made, was the DownTown map, ported from LOTD which didn't even have any textures. Just the standard UT bubble texture.

Whoever made it and released it, should have been shot.

The maps you guys have listed, maybe boring or have issues but they are like polished china compared to some of the tat I have played.
Remember "Forced Enjoyment" from ye olde Roosterteeth days? (back when it was good)
You should do that with KF custom maps.

Upvote 0