• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Don't increase bandage speed

Herp derpy derp.

I would like to see you

- Place gun on back
- Get Bandage from pocket
- Rip off part of the bandage
- Apply to wound
- Put Bandage back in pocket
- Get gun off back
- Stand up

In Under 4 seconds..... HERPY DERP DERP

I'd like to see you

-lay on the ground screaming and flash back to your first love in a village outside of Dusseldorf while listening to accordion. You spend the rest of the entire match reminiscing on your mother while crying out for a medic. Nobody comes and slowly hunger starts to set in... The game describes how you feel cold and begin to think that a just God would never allow this to happen to an innocent farm boy who was conscripted under the guise of necessary pre-emptive action ....and that the savior of the people had come to ultimately fail you... Blood loss causes delusional nightmares to flash before your eyes as you doubt the righteousness of the Russian Campaign...and you realize the sick and inevitable cycle of human violence and suffering... You then experience the worst thing a man can feel... The solidified thought that you have wasted the only eighteen years you will ever have on this Earth, and that God will not save your soul.... You then bleed out... Cold, alone, and full of remorse...

That's way more realistic.... therefore we should implement it as a gameplay feature!!! Realism is the ONLY thing that can make a game fun - Just look at Super Smash Brothers (Which was based upon the Battle of Hasting in 1066)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to see you

-lay on the ground screaming and flash back to your first love in a village outside of Dusseldorf while listening to accordion. You spend the rest of the entire match reminiscing on your mother while crying out for a medic. Nobody comes and slowly hunger starts to set in... The game describes how you feel cold and begin to think that a just God would never allow this to happen to an innocent farm boy who was conscripted under the guise of necessary pre-emptive action ....and that the savior of the people had come to ultimately fail you... Blood loss causes delusional nightmares to flash before your eyes as you doubt the righteousness of the Russian Campaign...and you realize the sick and inevitable cycle of human violence and suffering... You then experience the worst thing a man can feel... The solidified thought that you have wasted the only eighteen years you will ever have on this Earth, and that God will not save your soul.... You then bleed out... Cold, alone, and full of remorse...

That's way more realistic.... therefore we should implement it as a gameplay feature!!! Realism is the ONLY thing that can make a game fun - Just look at Super Smash Brothers (Which was based upon the Battle of Hasting in 1066)

Its funny when someone is being SLIGHTLY more realistic then someone sarcastically over does it like a Jackass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to see you

You are an idiot and a jackass.

He was saying that it's impossible to do all that in under 4 seconds, as is now, if I get shot I can just instantly press ctrl and 90% of the time I won't die, even if i'm in the open. Which is ludicrous. They need to:

-Make bleed out time A LOT longer
-Make Bandaging take AT LEAST 5-8 seconds
-Make bandaging pause the bleed out timer.

:IS2:

Reactions: VariousNames
Upvote 0
jeez i was just kidding guys...

I just think that a long bandage speed would NOT be fun. You'd bleed out before you found decent cover or you'd get killed in the open.... plus you'd spend a good 3, 4, maybe even 5 minutes of an entire match bandaging (aka: sitting there)

Upvote 0
There have been times I've managed to kill 4 Germans with a PPSH and then kill a 5th with my pistol while bleeding and still have time to instant bandage before bleeding out. Just maybe bandaging is too quick.

On the flip side of that bleeding should take longer, the way I see it is if the wound isn't severe enough to cause an instant slow-death than the player should be able to wait a few more seconds before having to bandage.

Upvote 0
Yeah, guys. Look at the speed the game is played at. I've been shot, retreated around a corner to try and bandage, and been shot again by the same guy who came after me all in the span of less than 3 seconds.

It's an online FPS. You don't have TIME to sit there and bandage yourself for 15 seconds.

I do appreciate how frantic the bleed out makes things. I immediately start looking for a way out so I can go slap a band-aid on it, but I'm also (most likely) still under fire. Suddenly, everything becomes a lot more intense for a few seconds, and I can admire that.

Oh, and @GRIZZLY, I gotta admit, I think I might have woken the neighbors laughing at that.

Upvote 0
You are an idiot and a jackass.

He was saying that it's impossible to do all that in under 4 seconds, as is now, if I get shot I can just instantly press ctrl and 90% of the time I won't die, even if i'm in the open. Which is ludicrous. They need to:

:IS2:

So your basically saying to throw game balance out the window in favor of "realism". Sure its not realistic to bandage so quickly but it is very balanced right now(this can be seen because the only complaint about bandaging seen on the forums is that it is not realistic enough, not that its imbalanced). If your wounded bandaging becomes a very high priority and it takes just enough time for you to be able to do it while giving whoever wounded you ample opportunity to finish you off.

When making decisions about game-play the first thing that should be considered is game balance, not realism. It should be fair and fun first, while being realistic second.

Upvote 0
So your basically saying to throw game balance out the window in favor of "realism". Sure its not realistic to bandage so quickly but it is very balanced right now(this can be seen because the only complaint about bandaging seen on the forums is that it is not realistic enough, not that its imbalanced). If your wounded bandaging becomes a very high priority and it takes just enough time for you to be able to do it while giving whoever wounded you ample opportunity to finish you off.

When making decisions about game-play the first thing that should be considered is game balance, not realism. It should be fair and fun first, while being realistic second.

They should increase bandaging time on hardcore realism setting. Currently, it's on the verge of magic at the speed you successfully bandage a bleeding bullet wound.

Upvote 0
jeez i was just kidding guys...

I just think that a long bandage speed would NOT be fun. You'd bleed out before you found decent cover or you'd get killed in the open.... plus you'd spend a good 3, 4, maybe even 5 minutes of an entire match bandaging (aka: sitting there)

Who said long? 5-7 seconds would be good. With maybe 15-20 before you bleed to death if you dont bandage. (longer than it sounds)

That give you enough time to finish your current firefight or run to safety so we don't have this bandage in the middle of a crossfire nonsense that's going on right now, but also puts SOME pressure on you to get to cover and take care of it.

And 5-7 seconds is enough that it puts you at a disadvantage without slowing down gameplay too much.

Upvote 0