• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

So today I was a german SMG in Basovka, clearing the trenches on my way to the command centre with arty hitting everywhere, all of a sudden I saw a russian rifleman a couple of meters away from me, I shoot my magazine but miss every bullet, he tries to shoot me but misses also probably cuz of the arty. So we both decided to go melee and try to hit each other but thanks to the arty we can't, after a while of running in circles I see another russian with a PPSH. So I knew, as soon as I kill this one russian I'm a dead man. At the end I kill the rifleman by bashing his skull, but I was right, as soon as I killed the rifleman I was killed by the russian that was watching the whole fight.

Upvote 0
me, when Im at work and bored ;)
there are some gems here.

and here is a totally irrelevant but the funniest thing Ive ever read in a gamer's forum. the subject is AA:sf.

post: Are you ppl so braindead as to not see this game is pure propaganda etc etc (I dont remember the rest)?

reply: The game told me there are ppl like you, you commi bastard.

Upvote 0
I was a russian commander, trying to attack the tower, I'm on the right side of the tower (german perspective) and I throw some smokes at the tower, one at the backside and one in the front side. I quickly run inside the tower only to see a german mg with an stg44 behind the boxes. I try to get on the stairs but he starts to shoot at me while I'm on the stairs, I try to shoot back but the stairs is in the way, so, I shoot my mag of my ppsh up but fail to kill him, I pick my pistol but I scroll a bit to far and take my binocs, accidently I press aim. So now I'm looking at the enemy with my binocs. "Great" I say, only to find out the enemy has no ammo. I pick my pistol and shoot him but miss. I reload and shoot again, this time I kill him. But now 3 german riflemen and a german aut-rifle are standing at the opening. The german with the G41 accidently shoots a teammate, which leaves them with 3, I shoot my pistol at them killing one, I reload and shoot again but I take too many shots and get killed.

Then, same round, I'm on the right of the tower, I throw a smokie in the top of the tower and one on the bottom back side. I quickly get inside the tower, kill a german lying at the doorway, shoot a german on the stairs and see a german on the top with an STG44. He shoots at me but misses, I shoot back but miss too, I reload, shoot again and kill him. Then I go up to find the tower empty, although I'm not capping the tower, so there are germans at the bottom. I carefully go downstairs, and about halfway I encounter germans, lots of germans, I spray and pray the germans, hoping I would survive the shoot out because we were running out of time, if this fails, we lose. I gently see the meter fill up with red, this is one of those moments you got in CoD singleplayer. You try to survive while bullets whizz by your head. Then a couple of seconds before the meter is completely filled up germans are dead, silence fills the tower. We won.

Upvote 0
E-war stories! Hah! I think I had the greatest personal moment ever in RO on the custom map Tractory Factory (do not know exact name). Ok, so here I am as a German rifleman. I am moving through the building next to the Monument statue. Just as I round a 90 degree corner a Russian pops right in front of me. This boy was an Engineer because he had just killed the Stug parked next to the building. I just didnt expect him to be there that quickly. So I let off a round with the K98 but because we basically ran into eachother it totally missed. I tried to fire again but the clip was empty. Now the fun began. He begins off-loading on me with his PPSh as I am spinning around him trying to bash him in. We mustve fought through the entire hallway just him and me. He offloaded one entire clip but failed to kill me. He actually reloaded and started shooting again but I finally managed to land a blow with the butt of the K98 and killed him. As I glimsed at my hud my entire body was red except one hand. He totally messed me up but somehow, in one of those insanely extreme unlikely moments I managed to win after such a long and gut wrenching fight. And one that was theoretically advantegeous to him. One has to know that its a rare moment because this fellow accused me of cheating until I explained that it was just incredible luck that I somehow managed to get out of that one.

Upvote 0
OK - Noobie Highlights so far.

OK - Noobie Highlights so far.

I got the game for Christmas so I have been playing less than a month. I die quite frequently but my skills are improving. Two favorite moments so far. First favorite moment Infantry -

Am I dead? I'm playin Stalingrad Kessel as a german rifleman. I sprint to a large crate to use for cover. I crouch down hugging the crate as close as I can. I hear a very faint "crack" and all of the sudden I'm looking at myself in third person. Still crouched against the crate my rifle still in my hands but by head was slightly bobbing. I try to move a couple of times before realizing that I am looking at my lifeless corpse propped up against the crate!

Favorite Moment Armor.

I **** at the tank game. I'm used to Panzer Elite which is slower paced and being careful pays off. I'm playing one of the huge Beta maps (Can't rememeber the name). I'm in a T-34/85 and I have already respawned five or six times. I creep up to a high stone wall over looking a small town (one of the objectives). I pull up next to a flaming T-34/76 and I noticed the wall was as high as the main gun. I park the tank and pop my head up over the wall and switch to binoculars. I can see two PZ IV's milling about and I take them out with one or two shots. When I use the machinegun I notice that every other shot actually hits the wall in front of me. I pick off a couple more PZ III's and IV's before a Panther comes into view. I begin to ricochet shots off the front armor. I must have hit it five or six times before the commander jumped out. Then another T-34 joined in and we shot it three or four more times until in finally burst into flames. I remained in my "hull down" position for the remainder of the game destroying several more German vehicles until the game ends announcing an allied victory.

This really is a fun game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just had one of those "Holy crap" moments in RO that make the game what it is but so sadly only happen every 10 to 15 hours of gameplay.

I logged onto the 118th tank brigade server running Konigsplatz, switched over to germans, and took the satchel class (Struppspionniere?). Anyway, the teams were full, 16 vs. 16 and the lead was flying pretty thick. I got in and there were 14 minutes left and we had 70% reinforcements. The first time I died there were 2 minutes left and 0% reinforcements.

So I survived for 12 strait minutes on the far right tank battling their tank crews, stray riflemen and one dogged machine-gunner who kept on coming at me. I killed many men, who seemed bent on trying to destroy me. I even faced off against their commander, who first hip shot at me with his svt-40; I had no more ammo in the stg that I had picked up so I started bashing at him with the butt of my gun. I disarmed him, but then he had his pistol out, so we ran around in circles, him shooting his pistol until he ran out of bullets. Then I disarmed him again, so he's staring at me with a grenade in his hand. Then a final bash did him in.

I also managed to kill 4 tanks, 1 by myself with 2 panzerfausts, as the driver tried to run me over. (The burning hulk that was left stopped rolling about 5 inches in front of my face) Another tank was taken out with simoultaneous panzerfausts from me and another german soldier. The two others went down under satchel charges.

It was almost as good as an Iron Crescendo battle.

Until I was teamkilled.

:mad::p:)

Upvote 0
a couple of days ago I was playing Zhitomir as a german smg. That day I ****ed pretty bad, although I had second best german score. I went inside the apartments, went up the stairs to the second floor and went in the hallway. I saw a russian with an svt on the right side of the hall, I knew it was Nim (of the slat clan) because he killed me plenty of times. So I killed him this time and I turned around, seeing another russian, quickly sprayed him and during that action I saw another russian leaning from a door, so I tried to get them both while I was running for cover but I couldn't see what I was hitting. So I got behind a corner and waited for the russians. Then after a couple of seconds I realized I heard nothing and I leaned to see where they were, they were both dead, my ****ness was over.

Upvote 0
I've got a new one, Ogledow, I am the sole German panzerfaust trooper and have just taken a half track from the spawn to the hill, popped a T34/85 and a killed strelok. I pick up the strelok's nagant figuring that chances are any infantry I see will be at range.

So I'm sitting there capping in the back room peering out towards the Russian lines and calling for support when what do I spy but a BA-64 heading my way, driving like a madman weaving everywhere. See the strelok I killed was my clan mate Luther and he is comming back to try to get the bayonet into me.

So I figure hey I'll incite him with a few pot shots, and casually take aim at his speeding BA-64, still over 100m away and in the middle of a sharp turn. I touch of a round only to see the BA-64 come grinding to a halt and the scoreboard notify me that I have just shot Luther, seems he had the drivers hatch open.

It really was a one in a million shot :)

Upvote 0
probly stalingrad kessel, i was a german sniper. I'm in the three story building, lookin out the window right under the steel stairs, i'd gotten maybe 3 or 4 kills, mostly guys tryin to satchel the north railyard wall. i knew they were startin to catch on, but about a minute earlier, the russian sniper and mg had set up on the assembly roof and were ripping our guys apart. i needed some teammates to cover the north wall, but none could get by the green bullet shower. i get a call from the squad leader, telling me to take those 2 out or we won't last. i moved to the window to my right, CRACK WHIZ ZIP!! i wasn't hit, but i knew the mg wasn't gonna give me any chance to take a shot. I needed a new approach, so i sprinted towards the south rail yard. a couple bullets whizzed past me as i dove into the ruined building(the one right next to the train, with a back route into the assembly hall). i crawled to a broken window,crouched, and braced my Kar sniper on the window +. i looked up and saw my 2 targets. i lined up my shot and performed brain surgery on the sniper. his helmet flew off and the shot knocked him right off the side of the roof. the mg gunner quickly looked in every direction, trying to find me, but to no avail, my grey uniform was excellent camo for my spot. just as he started to crawl backwards to safety, i finished him clean thru the eyes. i heard "good job Presedente" on the mic, then the sniper typed,'my head hurts'. our guys then proceeded to take up positions and we held out the remaining minutes, with almost no reinforcements left, and siezed victory.
on a side note, i would like to thank the russian sniper STONER for bein a good sport about it and helping me get my 15 minutes of fame

Upvote 0