• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

araub

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
Id like to hear some of your guy's best moments ever in the game. I have one that just hapend yesterday that felt very good and I laughed a good laugh about.

I was in Rakowice and I was a Russian tank crew. I was in a tank far in enemy territory and I got out because I was seconds away from death. As I got out I ran for cover because 3 infantry men were after me. So I took cover behind this about 6 foot by 6 foor square box. (Keep in mind I only had a pistol).So I leaned around the corner and poped 2 guys and when I turned around there was a enemy right in my face. I was out of bullets so I immediately ran around the 6 by 6 box. As I was running I noticed he was doing the same thing so it was like a cat and mouse thing. We both ran around about 3 times until I immediatley turned around with my pistol and bashed him in the face while he was running at my full speed. He did a flip onto the ground and I cracked up for minutes. It was by fat the cooliest RO moment ever (for me). To bad I didnt get it on video or somethingl.

Let me hear some of your stories.

Lol, that's a good one. I have so many awesome experiences/moments that there's too many to list. So i'll just say that the funniest moment for me was when I was on Rakovice on Soviets as rifleman. There was a STUGIII harrasing us (at perimeter defense) from afar, he almost killed me about 3 times. I decided to head toward flakk88's dodging the STUG firing at me. I eventually flanked around him and slowly crept up behind him. All I had was my rifle so I needed to wait for him to stick his head out for a better view. So he sits there firing a few more shots at other guys (I think he missed em all) and what da ya know he sticks his head out the top for a better view.....LOL! I shot him immediately and we both laughed.

Upvote 0
ROO is all about the moments that stick in your memory. Other games just dont have those moments.

There are 2 for me that come to mind.

One was on odessa when I tossed a nade over a set of sandbags and the russian ended up laying face up slumed on the sandbag with a bloody face "looking" at me.

The other was on basovka when all 15 russians in the server came running right at my position (teamswap for BFE).

These little things can evoke some really wierd feelings that dont exist in other games and give ROO a depth that you cannot find ANYWHERE else.

Upvote 0
On Kaukasus, was playing with my friend Imigrant from BFE, we were russian side and , after germans capped BR and Tower, we were in front of the courtyard gate with few other rifleman pouring a rain of fire against germans coming from behind the tower to get the last objective. So there was this poor fella who, i think, spawned behind the Tower like other germans and went left from behind the Tower, trying i think not to go straight forward from the spawn to the courtyard but flanking a little left. HE poped out on full speed running from behind this hill heading towards the dead cow and the courtyard gate. As he, at that moment, was the only one german popping out of their spawn into our direction, we greeted him with the fire of at least 10 russian rifleman shooting at him. After that i think he decided he will not dodge this so he turned around and started running for cover to the place where he came from (behind the hill). We tried to kill him but we couldn't shot him and i think he already thought he is safe. He was running back at full speed and wanted to pron-jump behind that hill, having 10 rifleman shooting at him. He almost made it but...he was shot in the air while diving prone behind the hill:D

Me and Imigrant on TS we couldn't stop laughing from this poor fella for the next 10 minutes....

Upvote 0
Another one:

We were scrimming on BFE on the Ogledow map. We, the soviets, lost a round in like 3 minutes from the beginning. The atmosphere was tight, people were pissed off and our marshall Xarchon asks:
- "Why there was nobody going to the Farm when i orderd almost everyone to go and defend the Farm!?"
And then Zetsumei replies (being ironic):
- "Because i was going to Farm and got shot on the way?!"
And then i started laughing with SnakeByte on and on and had to turn my mic off not to distract the whole team. (The laughter was even worse when someone called BA-62 a "Molotov Mazda"):D

Upvote 0
Funniest moment certainly was when I in a PzIII and another guy in a T60, on hedgehog, ended up side-by-side but fronts facing opposite directions.

Since we both didn't want to get blown up, we tried to circle around each other so the turret speed would be too slow for a hit. So we were going around in an endless circle, with our sides merely meters apart, and no one could "outturn" the other. Looked a bit like air combat I guess ;) We must have done at least 5 or 6 laps.

Eventually a german came over the next hill and blew him to bits with a Faust.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
ROO is all about the moments that stick in your memory. Other games just dont have those moments.

There are 2 for me that come to mind.

One was on odessa when I tossed a nade over a set of sandbags and the russian ended up laying face up slumed on the sandbag with a bloody face "looking" at me.

The other was on basovka when all 15 russians in the server came running right at my position (teamswap for BFE).

These little things can evoke some really wierd feelings that dont exist in other games and give ROO a depth that you cannot find ANYWHERE else.
I totally agree. I can almost remember everything that I've ever experienced in it. It's very wierd, almost like in real life how you can remember exact locations of traumatic events and exactly what you did. I think the realism and atmosphere is so great that it burns into your mind like a real event. In many other proclaimed "realistic" FPS's (OFP excluded;)) I've never got that surreal feeling of "I can't believe what I'm witnessing/partaking in".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Strahd said:
On Kaukasus, was playing with my friend Imigrant from BFE, we were russian side and , after germans capped BR and Tower, we were in front of the courtyard gate with few other rifleman pouring a rain of fire against germans coming from behind the tower to get the last objective. So there was this poor fella who, i think, spawned behind the Tower like other germans and went left from behind the Tower, trying i think not to go straight forward from the spawn to the courtyard but flanking a little left. HE poped out on full speed running from behind this hill heading towards the dead cow and the courtyard gate. As he, at that moment, was the only one german popping out of their spawn into our direction, we greeted him with the fire of at least 10 russian rifleman shooting at him. After that i think he decided he will not dodge this so he turned around and started running for cover to the place where he came from (behind the hill). We tried to kill him but we couldn't shot him and i think he already thought he is safe. He was running back at full speed and wanted to pron-jump behind that hill, having 10 rifleman shooting at him. He almost made it but...he was shot in the air while diving prone behind the hill:D

Me and Imigrant on TS we couldn't stop laughing from this poor fella for the next 10 minutes....

Lol was about to post that exact moment. it was hilarioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I can picture it so easily. Infact i'm bloody crying with tears now ^^

Upvote 0
Both of mine happened today.

1. Running into the AT position radio room on Basovka (?) and hip-shooting 4 germans. Not very original i know but it was a very Rambo moment.

2. Playing as a German pak soldier on Konigsplatz and missing a Russian tank 3 times (well i think i missed, he didn't blow up anyway!) and having him chase after me only for me to dive into a shell crater and have him drive straight over me without hurting me.

Upvote 0
Mr Darcy said:
1. Running into the AT position radio room on Basovka (?) and hip-shooting 4 germans. Not very original i know but it was a very Rambo moment.
Now, I have to say that is just SO RO for me - a Rambo moment is so exceptional. You just know it shouldn't happen - but just sometimes you get away with it! And it is the fact that it is rare that makes it so special :)

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Now, I have to say that is just SO RO for me - a Rambo moment is so exceptional. You just know it shouldn't happen - but just sometimes you get away with it! And it is the fact that it is rare that makes it so special :)
I know i was like :eek::eek: when i saw them all. I'd heard the German commander using the radio so i was ready for trouble. I couldn't run away, i had no back up so i just ran in blazing away and somehow got them all :D.

Just remembered another one from the other day:-

Firing my last panzerfaust at a t34 on Arad, I was in the North Village facing south just next to the large house nearest to the bridge (not the little shack). The T34 was crossing the river on the far bank. I fired and saw the shot arc perfectly onto the turret roof. No more tankie.

I do like playing Pak-soldier, it's quite satisfing stalking and killing a huge tank when you are a unprotected meatbag.

edit:

Yet another memory. German on Kaukasus. We'd capped the back passage and were trying to take the tower. A few of us had worked our way around to the base of the tower hill via a mad zig-zag while being fired on from the monestary walls above. There were about 4 of us with rifles so we fixed bayonets and charged up the hill, only i made it. eerk! I managed to bayonet 3 or 4 Russians unaware before the close combat dance-o-death-Mr Darcy-gets-machine gunned happend (again!).

It seems like i'm very lucky. belive you me i am not. for every mad moment of glory i've had, i've had many more where i'll get sniped and die, i'll work with my team and win the map without a kill or i'll die horibly many many (Many!) times. Guess thats war though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On Basovka, another rifleman and I were defending the station from the right flank attackers.

We were doing really well even though we came under fire from an MG-34 and really accurate rifle fire. Between the two of us, when one of us got suppressed the other would fire off a shot to kill the one originally firing at us. We comfortably sat in this position, picking off Germans running out into the open until we saw from our right flank what looked like 5 or 6 infantry; charge our position at suicidal speed. We panicked and both threw our grenades and as I watched them arc through the air I see them pass what looked like twice as many potatomashers.

Our grenades killed every single one of them and theirs harmlessly fell into a mortar hole right behind us.

Was a little blurred :eek:

Upvote 0
Best moment ive ever had was on Krasynyoktybar. Both me and my russians and the germans were out of reinforcements. The scharfshcutze was picking off russians and we were like o ***** we nned to find this guy before he kills eveyone. So i decided to hitail it up the tower thing on the outside. Low and behold ther was ths sniper along with 2 other regular Kar98ers. So of course I PaPaShad them. I emptied th whole clip jsut dragging it back and forth across them. I wish I had recorded it, it was awesome.

Upvote 0
Today at Stalingrad Kessel: I was sneaking around in the warehouse (whorehouse?:rolleyes:) at the bottom as a russian... I heard a german shooting a rifle above me, and after a short while I managed to get into a position where I could shoot him from below, he was resting his gun on a sandbag up there.
I saw him shouldering his gun again - he was probably aiming at a comrade! I took a rather quick aim, but hit him right into the head. The bullet must have gone straight through his jaw, brain and skull, crushing against the helmet from the inside, sending it up in the air.
The german sank together above his sandbag, his helmet flying thraight up! Then it slowed down an started to fall, it looked as if it was in slow-motion and landed right in front of my foot. Then I bolted - satisfied.

Its really great with RO... most "lifes" are rather boring, you run around a lot, maybe shoot 1 other guy and die early. But in between these boring lifes are a few amazing ones, where you do action worth a medal or a desperate fight against a worthy oponent.
Normaly its all about spoting the enemy first and make the first shot count, but sometimes these very special duels occur, where its all about using the terrain and your gear the most efficient. I had bolt vs bolt/smg fights which were just amazingly intense: How to approach him next, what will he do? When do I have to exspect or throw a grenade? In such situations its all about tactical finesse, its just amazing.

Upvote 0
Too many memorable moments to list. One, though, was so hilariously funny it deserves a mention.

Bondarevo, I am alone in StuG (really should not happen as StuG is prime example of two man vehicle), T-60 with two man crew suddenly pops up in front of me. I shoot and miss. He starts doing Quake 2 strafe circle routine (not really, but quite similar). He is circling and since there are two guys in the tank they can circle around my slow, turetless, solo crewed vehicle, shooting all the time.

I think I wil surely die, but persist, and in drivers position circle the Stug in *other* direction, thinking I have about 2% chance to stop when I catch them in front of me, jump into gunners position and imediatelly shoot the gun while they are right in front of me.

They spend their ammo and have to reload (still circling around me), I stop, press 2 and kill them in about 1/10th of a second they were right in front of my (now) motionless beast. LOL

Upvote 0
Easily my best moment in the game was on Ogledow. Both me and my friend were playing as Russian Anti-Tank guys, and we hopped into a BA to get to the Hill ASAP. Unluckily, the rest of our entire team went to defend Ogledow, so we had two guys defending the Hill from 3-4 tanks with no fire support.

Deciding to do something crazy we get in the BA and drive full speed to flank the enemy tanks. I turned and passed directly infront of the column of tanks. It was so close, that at one point one of the PzIV's almost tipped us over by running into us. My friend (the gunner of the BA) now sprays the tanks, hoping for a random kill. Little did we realize that all of the commanders of the tanks had been binoc'ed onto the Hill, not expecting such a bizarre assualt. My buddy sprays with the MG on the back of our car and nails ALL FOUR commanders. 2 of the tanks now have no crew at all, and the other two are down to single manned crews.

We hightail it back to the Hill and hold it, by ourselves, the remainder of the match. Sadly, the Germans never did perform a straight assualt like that again. :)

Reactions: Lucan946
Upvote 0