• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

well theres been plenty of these threads already but i might add my newest moment

Today I was German on Arad...after we won the first round in the record time of 2 minutes(blitzkrieg anyone?)the second round me and my driver headed to North Field in a panther...the Russians had decided to reinforce it...on the way my tank got both tracks disabled...so we were sitting ducks. Along with 5 russian tanks in the field...Luckily we were disabled at the perfect angle...those coming from the spawn behind North Village had all there shots bounce off while i repeatedly knocked them out..those coming from there north spawn were picked off as the crested the ridge..a few got shots off, but most were short, a couple hit my mantlet, and only one connected with my hull(which put me in the red)...but they were all destroyed...i would get reinforcements from time to time but they were usually destroyed. We ended up losing the round, but my driver and i didnt die once, and at the end had only 2 rounds of AP left...along with ~20 tanks knocked out...it was a costly victory for the reds

Upvote 0
Favorite moment so far was Soviet, on Rakowice. I was in that hollowed out warehouse type thing that's between the central building and the bunker complex. A german halftrack is on the other side, and it drives towards me firing the mg. Instead of going for cover I pull out a grenade and sprint straight towards it, cooking the nade. I toss the grenade and run to get behind some cover, because I assume that I missed it. When I peek out, all I see is a smoking empty halftrack. :)

Upvote 0
My first PzFaust kill was the a special moment. The first one glanced off the T-34's turret, but the second made it go up in flames. It felt good.

One time in Stalingrad we had been nearly beaten by the Russians and there were just a few of us left (no reinforcements left). I decided to head back to the railway tracks to defend the last objective, when I came upon three Russians firing their PPSh's in the general direction of the railway. One may have been armed with a rifle, I can't remember.

I was behind them and they were lying prone next to the burning vehicle in the Assembly Hal,l and it was a splendid sight. Well, I took a moment to savour the moment, got real close and sprayed them all with an MP-40. Then I picked up the closest PPSh and continued towards our last stand.

I was shot shortly thereafter by another PPSh Russkie (those guys sure get around in the Kessel), but I love those "last man standing" moments.

Upvote 0
Ok, it happened today. It was a friendly kill, but it was so cool I couldn't help from thinking about it all day.

I was on Odessa *I think* and I was with some russian buddies heading up a street. We turn a corner, and I see a person sniping on the outside of the church tower. I raise my sights and bam, head shot and blood spatters everywhere, and he falls a good 50 feet to the ground, officially rendering him uber-dead. The unreal physics really made it look like it was from a movie, it just felt so real.
Yes I did say sorry to the friendly =).

Another moment was on the same map, a russkie buddy got shot and he fell into a sitting position on the edge of the sidewalk, with his arms beig supported by his legs! He looked like a bum it was so funny! I cursed a couple times when I was trying to take a screenshot and got pegged by a kraut.

Upvote 0
So one time, by the grace of the connection gods, I somehow managed to load into the level early, and the sniper position was open. This was the first time I ever got my hands on a sniper rifle in a real game.
The level was Rakoviche (sp?). I was sneaking about and generally dominating with my newfound, scoping prowess. I spotted a German tank sitting near the hangar, so I hunkered down and waited. Sure enough, the hatch flies open and the commander pops out. I got him with the first shot. Ah, for moments like those...

Upvote 0
The golden BB is my favorite. I don't remember the map. But I was rifleman sprinting down a street, saw an enemy sprinting from the opposite direction at the end of the stree, I slow to a walk take a quick hip shot, and immediately ran and dove for cover. Thats when I noticed the death message. I had hit him.

Or the time I ran into the apartments (always forgetting map names) I see a german rifleman lying on the floor, so I high tail it into a side room. I luckily had only one grenade left. I switch to it jump into the room with an underhand toss drop it on the german and then immediately took a hip shot and jump back into the side room. Wasted grenade as I got him.

My rambo moment was seeing a german run into the command post and I ran in behind with my PPsH and just did a quick burst. Well it seems two allies had the same idea but from the other 2 entrances. I took out all three. Oh well it was for a good cause.

Upvote 0
Moving with MG Gunner

Moving with MG Gunner

I read in the tactics manual and from my own experience that the MG Gunner did not operate by himself. He had a team with him to help protect him and to carry ammo. So, I followed MG Gunner. He was firing and I was at his side with my rifle to protect him and transferred my ammo to him. We moved forward several times low crawling and then low crawled up to another soldier on our right short of the railway station. I was a little to the left of the MG Gunner. Arty was coming in and I looked to the right and as I did, both the MG gunner and the other soldier just turned into a red pulp in front of my eyes. It was so like the descriptions in Forgotten Soldier. My jaw dropped at how realistic they have made this game.

Upvote 0
Oh yah another one.
4 tanks vs me, 3 panthers and 1 panzer mark 4. I take down all the panters in my IS-2 no problem. not even scratched. i turn to the panzer i fire off my last shell... it bounces... It comes back... it lands... WTF IT KILLED ME??!?!. Top right corner. Blank, Tank Kill, [DBDUK]ImIgRaNt. WAH!?!?!. that was a funny moment ^_^. Now that is rare!

Upvote 0
Well this isn't directly about RO. I collect WWII headgear and I have a authentic WWII Russian Pilotka and a German M-35 helmet. There both downstairs where my PC is. I was playing as the Russians so I decided to put the Pilotka on. There was this guy on the server named Fascist. He kept camping in the same place and I couldn't seem to get him with my MN. He kept moving at the last second. Finally I yell in frustration "Die you Fascist S.O.B" I didn't notice earlier but my uncle came over. He comes downstairs to say hi and walks into the room at the same moment I yell that. He looks at me, then at the screen. He shakes his head and walks out.

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:
Well this isn't directly about RO. I collect WWII headgear and I have a authentic WWII Russian Pilotka and a German M-35 helmet. There both downstairs where my PC is. I was playing as the Russians so I decided to put the Pilotka on. There was this guy on the server named Fascist. He kept camping in the same place and I couldn't seem to get him with my MN. He kept moving at the last second. Finally I yell in frustration "Die you Fascist S.O.B" I didn't notice earlier but my uncle came over. He comes downstairs to say hi and walks into the room at the same moment I yell that. He looks at me, then at the screen. He shakes his head and walks out.

ROFL

Upvote 0
[DBDUK]ImIgRaNt said:
Oh yah another one.
4 tanks vs me, 3 panthers and 1 panzer mark 4. I take down all the panters in my IS-2 no problem. not even scratched. i turn to the panzer i fire off my last shell... it bounces... It comes back... it lands... WTF IT KILLED ME??!?!. Top right corner. Blank, Tank Kill, [DBDUK]ImIgRaNt. WAH!?!?!. that was a funny moment ^_^. Now that is rare!
yeah...theres no maps with 3 panthers at one time

Upvote 0
I think the best was when I was a Soviet rifleman with my 1931 Nagant. I can't remember the details so well, but I came around the corner of a farmhouse to find that myself looking right at a Hanomag half-track coming right at me. In that moment, I didn't even think, I just sighted in on the viewport and shot. I managed to kill the driver as the Hanomag came to a stop at my toes.

Upvote 0
I don't know if anyone else does this, but I just love to have the Red Orchestra Soundtrack play while playing! It just ads to the heroic feeling you sometimes get in the game.
There is nothing better than overrunning the desperates tries of the Axies to defend their Reichstag with a tank and several comrades near by, shooting and shouting all together. Just at the moment where we started charging, the music became louder and more pushing: I felt as if I was right in another trailer or probably movie :p

And its so damn rewarding when you slowly get used to the physics, bullet drop and the Iron Sights (I got the feeling the bullets drop more in ROOST than in the mod...). Today I scored my longest range kill with a simple bolt-rifle so far: Although he was standing up - sprinting over the open field towards the objective - the Axie was already easily covered by just the tip of the Chrosshair of my freshly stolen, scoped kar... I watched his movement, rested my gun on some sandbags, preparing myself for the shot - estimating bullet drop and time untill hit - and then the shot! BAM, and the axie dropped dead. Taking my eye of scope and bolting, I realized how far away he actually was, I wouldn't have exspected to hit him at that range, wow!

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:

hahaha :D

Upvote 0
Well my new favorite moment is a series. I have Crucial memory defaults to CAS 3. So I try and overclock it to 2.5. Works. So now I'm actually loading faster then a lot of other players. I finally get to be sniper on Odessa as Axis. I decide to take the semi-auto first. And I finally figured out how to use the damn thing. I was actually getting a lot of first shot kills. Took a alot of discipline to not fire semi-auto at running Allies.

But my favorite moment was taking a position on the right flank of the Tower. I'm across the street behind some sandbags when I see a little movement out of the corner of my eye. I turn and the russkie is just coming around the corner about 2-3 meters away my sight is just below his groin. I take 2 quick shots. That semi-auto is great. The climb brought the site up to his chest and I got the kill.

I really belive the semi-auto sniper on Odessa is better then the bolt. Its great for quick sniping at 50-150 meters.

Upvote 0
Your favourite RO moment so far

Write about your most immersive, funny, shocking or just cool moment you had so far in RO.

Here is mine:
It was just a few days after the release of Ostfront when I played a round of stalingrad kessel. The server wasnt full, maybe 8 players per side, so it was not a complete slaughterfest.
I was a Strelok and we were trying to capture the warehouse... I was lurking around at the floor, slowly covering the open space at the russian side and looking for germans in the capzone. Then I heard a Kar shooting above me and as I looked up I saw a german looking over one of the sandbags shooting at my comrades. Although I could barely see him as I was standing right below him I brought up my rifle, aimed at him and shot... the Kar dropped onto the sandbag, the german vanished from my view and his helmet went nearly straight up into the air!
I stood down there rather stunned, watching the helm slowly loosing momentum and falling down again, landing - spilled with blood - right before my feet. Satiesfied... I bolted. The bullet must have went right through his chin, hitting the helmet into the air... wow.

In that moment I felt absolutly in love with Red Orchestra :D

Upvote 0
Konigs when I was Russian commander for a while, then the teams got uneven so I switched. However I apparently still had a salvo of arty coming (between the siege and the monument) and it ended up killing about five out of ten Russians after I had switched :(

It was cool though, everyone got a laugh out of it (it wasn't like I did it on purpose or anything). It was just a really cool group on the server all around, something that's incredibly hard to find in other online games :)

Upvote 0
I was on Berezina on our server and we were pushed back to the russian east thingy (the last objective). We had to hold it for 15mins. So it was a few of us [5.SS] guys and pubs against like 17 people. I was squad leader and Fischer was sniper and we were by the radio (that is on the side that is closer to the cornfields) and him I just communicated perfectly. Our reinforcements depleted at like 2mins. We both survived until about 30secs left. We lost with 8secs left.

Upvote 0