• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

Maybe not my favourite moment so far, but the most recent one I remember:
Me and a teammate were in the tower on Odessa Tank, and taking potshots at a guy on the roof opposite, then out of now where he fires a panzerfaust and takes us both out. That made me smile.... It was great seeing the arch of smoke approaching, then *BAM*

Good on ya Blitzcraig.

Upvote 0
On basovka I was a German officer, I snuck behind enemy lines and eventually got to the command bunker, I waited for several russians to spawn then ran in then called in arty on the AT trench. It would've been a moment of immense pride if the barrage killed more than one russian.

And another in another moment I was a German assault troop in Berinza.

Went to the village cp from the door on the left, some rifleman upstairs threw a nade down the stairs and I ran into the room to my left and killed the mg in there, waited for the nade to go off then went into the room and was about to lean around the wall to shoot the guy upstairs and 2 russians came around the corner and another from the stairs, I killed 'em in 1 sec since they were lined up.

I went to clear the shed and some russian with a pistol opened up from the windows, I doved toward the wall and tried shooting out the windows to get him and got him the 3rd time.

Went upstairs, grabbed 2 satchels, then the house was flooded with russians, one guy threw a nade up the stairs then I ran downstairs throwing satchels, went to room to my right and shot the guy gaurding the door I was going to run out, I leaned around the door shooting then I heard my satchels go off then I saw a cloud of blood behind the door across the room.

Cleared the whole room with a satchel. Too bad dm had to be off. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are too many to choose from for me personally.

But I'd have to say the one which burns clearest in my mind is the time I, counter attacking the Tower Ruins on Kauk as the Ruskie commander, from the bottom storey bounced a grenade up into the second storey of the Tower (this was way before smokers). It went off and a German arm came bouncing down the stairs spurting blood everywhere.

I then recapped the Tower by myself and proceeded to hold off a couple of German spawn waves fighting madly up and down the stairs with my PPD40. Did it by constantly changing it up, I'd knock one attack off inside the Tower itself, then I'd hide outside and follow the next German attack in and ream them from behind. Ended up using up all my ammo (the stash inside stopped supplying me oddly) and fought through most of my pistol ammo too before a well thrown grenade through one of the slits got me.

Some German player said, "Reddog... that was nuts... XD", and it really was lol!

Upvote 0
RO is the kind of game that hands out "favorite moments" like candy. I manage a "favorite moment" or two every time I play. This is probably because RO is awesome.

It's so hard to pick even a few favorite RO experiences, so maybe I'll just have to generalize a bit.

* Every time the team has gotten on the same page and delivered a brutal ass-whipping to the other side because of superior tactics

* Every time both teams have decided that teamwork isn't such a bad idea, leading to some truly intense combat

* Every single bull**** hipshot I've ever pulled off--some were so bull**** that people disconnected

* Every time the game has somehow turned into a chat room. The RO community is great. Even the players who aren't adults mostly try to act like it.

There's a lot more, but I suspect the original post to be a trick question anyway. How is anyone supposed to pick out one favorite moment?

Upvote 0
My favorite moment can be seen at the end of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54IJKBygKSk

We had been pushed back and were getting ripped to pieces, when I was able to run past the enemy fire and flank 'em. Oh, and my death at the end is an edit, it did not happen there, if you notice, the location is different (not the train station)... I was just crafty with the editing so you can barely tell. ;)

Upvote 0
My best moments..

Surprisingly, it was maybe on the second time I lunched the game.
I was still a newbi team killing people by accidents...

Anyways... at that time I pulled some really good moves.

It was in the map with the 3 farmhouses (keep forgetting mapnames) I think the mapname starts with a B
Baskova maybe ?

anyways... I was running around uncertain of where I was going, I had a panzerfaust...

I saw 2 russians prone picking people off... since I was lost, I somehow was behind them so I ran next to them and sprayed them both dead with an mp40.

I see a clowncar coming in my direction, it was no surprise, he really wanted to run me over.

Pull up the Faust, I straffed and he nearly missed me, I shot the faust and the clown car blew up in an impressive way killing both passengers...

Now consideing it was the second time I was playing the game.... I was SHocked and Loving it...

I was wondering how I managed to pull it off...

But that was maybe 2 weeks after the game got released... lots and lots of newbies back then.... (including myself)

I pulled lots of good games... but since this was early in my new game experience... it was the most impressive.
Now everything is rather usual.

Upvote 0
I wish I had a video of last night on Konigs.

An artillary barrage lifted an allied soldier about 20 feet in the air, full cartwheel effect. As the poor fellow started arcing downwards, another arty strike sent him upwards in a new direction. He remained airborne until the barrage was spent, bouncing like a pingpong ball with every strike seemingly having him on its mind.

That's when I fully appreciated the effects of our last patch.

Upvote 0
1.I was playing Kaukasus, and I charge towards a German firing at me with his SMG, but I somewhat dodged the bullets and stabbed him with a bayonet. I then shoot 2 of his buddies with my Bolt Action Rifle. Then, 3 guys rush towards me, but I had to reload, instead I tossed a greande on the ground, right beneath my feet, and I die, but take out the 3 germans near me.

2.I was player Ogledow(I think) and I drive my trusty T34-85 in the middle of the map, which is an open field filled with wheat and grasses, it is in between the Hill and Farm. Tons of tanks approach, some going to to hill, others to the farm, some holding ground. a Panzer and Stug are in the farm, and the Stug is going at full speed, but I still manage to hit the ammo, killing all 3 crewmen. The Panzer stops, and shoots at some Russian Infantry. I shoot the Panzer's infamous weak spot, the Shovel and it blows apart, killing the driver. I shoot a half track near the farm, killing about 3 passangers. I must be lucky, because those tanks never saw me. Now, I see my worst nightmare, the Panther. It shoots me, but the cannon bounces off! I then shoot the Panther's side twice, killing the driver. Lastly, I pick off the Panther near the Hill.

3.On Arad, I took out 3 tanks, and 1 Car in 2 minutes. I shot a Russian tank with my faust, and killed it. I then sneak through the river, and shoot the next tank. Then a Car and tank pass me, and start shooting infantry. I grabbed more Panzerfausts from my dead comrade, and shoot the car, and then the tank is staring right at me, and shoots me but misses! BOOM! dead tank.

Upvote 0
I have two big ones. First one was shortly after i got the game right after it came out on barashaka. I was working together with someone else in the tanks all round and.... local chat was working!! oh it was great. every time we went out in a new tank we would capture a zone and get 5 or 6 tank kills. That was back before anyone could cross the ice easy and whenyou needed to have all the objectives to win. ( you know back before the map ****ed when bridges served a point)

The second one i was on odessa with a PPSH near the start of the round and all the germans were rushing into the aprtments. so i went around to the square and followed 9 of them into the apartments up the ramp to the second floor. One of the germans was standing just inside the door to the cap zone and blocking the other 8 right behind them. So i got up close and sprayed them all with my ppsh killing them all before any of them even got a shot off. That was also shortly after the game came out when everyone was still learning it. I had at least 5 of them start crying aim bot no way i could kill that many of them that fast without even being seen. a few were crying wall hack. Oh it was good stuff.

Upvote 0
So many, but one that was rewarding on Arad. I was a German Anti Tank, I was running throught the south field when a T34 spots me and moves in my direction. I run behind one of the small hills/rocks and go prone. As the tank comes over the hill to crush me I fire my Panzerfaust at his under belly. Then go about my merry way. Next a clown car spots me and turns toward me and increases to ramming speed. I cooly stand my ground sight my trust faust and no more clown car.

Most of all though, I find when a team gets their stuff together and everything runs like clockwork and you leave the other side wondering what the hell just happened.

Upvote 0
Today, I had the most rewarding kills. I am a Russian Rifleman, and I run into a hangar, and there are 3 Semi Auto Riflemen inside. The First one sees me and shoots, but he misses, and I shoot him. The other 2 start shooting me, and I shoot the second guy, and for the third guy, I dived under the stairs and shot his head.

Nothing is more rewarding than killing A Semi Auto Rifle with a bolt action rifle. Especially in close range.

Upvote 0
the other day i was playing one of the new snow maps, dont remember what its called, it only has two objectives a barn and a tower. the germans are attcking...anyway
i was down in this flat plain (as a russian with my trusty m38) in this little bunker house place, the germans had to run accross this open part to get to me. they came in a group of about 6; i shoot one on their way over, but somone threw smoke so i couldnt see them anymore. i back off to a trench behind the wood bunker thing, then i see them start peeking around it. i shoot on in the head, then realise im out of ammo. so i get my rifle butt ready and charge the nearest guy. i clock him in the head and hes down in one hit. i charge the second guy, and butt him in the chest, then in the head.
the third guys and mg, but he hasnt fully set up yet. i charge him with my rifle ready and jump on top of him, just missing his mg fire. anoother one down.
then theres another guy huddling in the corner of the bunker thing and i charge in and rifle butt him in the face.

it was the most fun ive ever had, 4 rifle butts ina row.

Upvote 0
Yesterday, I was playing on Stalingrad Kessel with the G-41. Me and some other guy, (I forgot his name, sorry other guy) were crouching next to the axis-side opening of the Assembly Hall. A Russian or two came out of the axis-side opening of the Warehouses, and I shot them both. This got the other guy's attention, and we were both covering the Warehouses opening. Just then, I swear, at least 12 Russians charged out of the opening towards the South Rail Yard. I must have shot 3 or 4, when the other guy opened fire with his captured PPSH. All the Russians were slaughtered. After we killed roughly 75% of the Russian team in just 10 seconds, the other guy just said "Pesky Russian banzai charges."Somebody on the Russian team must have been rallying them up for a charge from those Warehouses or something, because that is the only time I've witnessed something like that.

Upvote 0