• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

My favorite moment was in RO-Warsaw, in the mod. I was |EZ25| member at that time and we we doing hip shooting with bolt action rilfes. I stood up in the 2nd floor of the house opposite of the one with the destroyed roof. I was just reloading my weapon and when a russian (|Ez25|Ling) sprinted along a house, the one with the impact hole close to Hotel. He was sprinting, holding back a nade and jumped... In the jump I fired my rifle un aimed and I shot away his legs during his jump, blood splurt around, and then russian fell to the ground crashing an hegdehog with his pilotka hat on his head.
Ling asked via chat: WTF? Who was that?!?!
I just answered: Me; hiped
Ling replied only: unbelieveable, can't be true.

But I think it was Borat who told him that I was right.

Upvote 0
Last night on Orel: German team

I must have had the Angel of Orel watching over me, because I repeatedly chose a PzIII and headed for SL via the foot of the Eastern Heights- and without fail I got 1-shot kills on almost every T-34 I encountered along the way. I know APCR is the ammo of choice, and it served me well- but even after I ran out I was STILL getting 1 or 2 shot kills with regular AP. Wierd.

On one of the runs I managed find a decent almost-hull-down spot near South Lake and was regularly pinging SU's and T-34's as they crested the rise and moved to cross the bridge; I'd get a kill (or at least get them smoking badly) and a nearby PzIV would provide the coup de grace if needed. Between the two of us we probably took out a good two dozen vehicles in short order. As for us, not a scratch until...

the Red artillery began raining down on us.

Upvote 0
I just purchased RO last night, but I've already had a bunch of awesome moments.

On Danzig, I spawn on a rifleman, and attach a bayonet to the end of my Mosin-Nagant rifle. I run and seek cover in one of the ravaged buildings, littered with debris. I slowly make my way up the stairs, and hear gunfire coming from inside the building. As I come to the top of the stairs, the gunsire becomes louder, and I can hear the bolt on a rifle being pulled back. I peek into the room, and see two German's with Kar98k's firing at my comrades below. I charge into the room, and thrust my baynoet into the first German's back. He slump to the ground. I turn and run towards the other. As he turn around, I stab him in the stomach, and he to, slumps to the ground.

Best $20.00 I've ever spent :D.

Upvote 0
Smolensk stalemate

Running up to the ridge through the smokescreen I deployed I run up to the top of the hill and hipshoot 2 Russians,1 of which was their commander.
I run out of ammo,bash the other guy and run into the bunker with an empty MP40 to find a Russian lieing on the floor with a captured MG34...
I dance around him trying to bash him but fail and switch to my trusty Luger,kill him,grab the MG34 and deploy it on the side sand bags and kill 2 more Russians in the side-trench.
Then I sit tight and wait for the cap to finish and I MG-hip another guy charging at me with a rifle...

Good times...

Upvote 0
1. I once rammed a halftrack with the clown car, and flipped it on its side. Unknown to me, there was a German standing on the other side, and he was killed. The driver of the halftrack was hit with the TK:D

2. Playing on Deckung, sadly all that was left as far as tank selection was a KV-1. I don't really care for these, as they always blow on the first hit. I drive into the front gate, and there is a panther there. I say "hey, why not" and I angled against him. Miraculously, the shot deflected off of the right side of the tank....but even better, it killed an ally that was standing on the right side of my tank:D

Upvote 0
Standing in front of the barrel of a German tank and watching them try to shoot me with their MG, even though it's slightly off center. When the tank attempted to manuver around to shoot me, l just ran to the side of it and hit it repeatedly with my bayonet. The driver was so annoyed he jumped out to try to kill me, yet he came out right in front me with his back facing to. I stabbed him and fell to the floor laughing.

Upvote 0
not sure which map, but i know it was custom.

i was running along the side of a house with one of my allies ahead of me. right as he was passing a window, i saw a muzzleflash come from it and him go toppling down. i stopped, and heard the german start to reload. i ran up to the window and fired two shots from my svt40 into it, nailing him in the head with both shots. i then rounded a corner and ran into the building, and saw two germans going up a staircse rite in front of me. I unloaded the rest of my clip into them, killing one and wounding the other, and i then ran up and smacked the living one in the face with the butt of my rifle. i continued running up the staircase while reloading. bad idea. a german was sitting there with his k98 and popped a single round into my head.

needless to say, i felt pretty good considering it was the second day i had it and still ****ed pretty bad:D

Upvote 0
Besides that very old bullet-proof flying clowncar case, one of the "favorite" moments I recall in short time was that I once managed to destroy two tanks with one satchel in Arad. T-34's were literally next to eachother and I had only one satchel - tossed in between them (Both of them were damaged though) and BANG - DOUBLE KILL!

Upvote 0
I was on the Orel tank map one night a couple months back and I had to use the PzIV becuase the two Panthers were already taken. Anyway, by that time the only two objectives that were still held by my team (the axis) were NB and EF. Needless to say we were losing. So I headed out and saw the two panthers ahead of me get ambushed and killed on that long road to Central heights. I stayed back in NB and killed all 3 of their attackers without recieving any damage. I then single handedly capped Central and East Heights, having to take out infantry in Central along the way. Once I got those objectives I noticed teammates capping the ruins so I decided to sit tight down by the river near Southlake. It was there that I racked up over 11 tank kills and also a few clown cars. I cant remember the exact kill number I had but I want to say between 14 and 20 tanks total for that single engagement. It was definitly the most bad ass time I've ever had in a PzIV!!!

Upvote 0
Orel in PZIV capping west field.

I was a driver just to the west of the lil house in west field & the ruskies where streaming in to take it back, but my crack gunner nailed tank after tank as they crept up the slope & I kept shuffling & adjusting when they tried to flank us. Tracks out, smoking red, I decided to distract em on foot while the gunner kept fireing.
The Ruskies where (by this time) so crazed mad to get the PZIV they didn't notice me satchel 3 more.

We must have racked up 18+ kills, but the co-operation is what makes it so memorable.

Upvote 0
Tonight on krasny, I was russian up in the office, with the sniper, an mg and my carbine. Enemy sniper plugs the mg and I get the bright idea to go out on the landing and pick it up. Ok come to papa, curses the drum bag is under the rifle pouch Ill never be able to pick that up, so I drop the mg and pick up my gun to try again. Suddenly the sniper and all his friends start shooting at me. Screw this, I wanna go home and I run down the stairs with my carbine sans ammo. Oh I forgot to mentian before I got the bright idea to pick up the mg, I emptied my gun into 4 germans. So I now have an empty gun and no ammo, I look at the map to find where to get bullets, unfortunatly every ammo depot near me is surrounded by angry germans mad that I shot a bunch of their friends. So I wander off into the garage hoping to find a gun.

I head back into the construction hall with an empty gun still, and who do I find, a sneaky german has come up through the basement. He throws a grenade at me and I do the only thing I can, charge. he throws another and goes prone. I get up next to him as his gun comes up. I crouch and bash, oh joy of joys I disarmed him. He scurrys about the floor like a frightened rodent as I bash him to death. W00t a shiny new g43, with bullets.

I pick up my booty, and my carbine lands on the g43 ammo bugging it or something because I now cant pick it up. at least his buddy who came charging up the stairs was considerate enough to fling his mp41 and ammo, in different directions in his death throes after I hipped him.

Upvote 0
Yesterday night on "The Wild Bunch", StalingradKessel, I spawn as a Soviet sapper (say that 5 times quickly!) and in one respawn and in less than two minutes I blow up the door to the warehouse, both doors to the assembly hall and the wall to the railroad! We just ran through the map, 2 rounds in a row!
All the team was in a great teamwork spirit!!

Upvote 0
Yesterday night on "The Wild Bunch", StalingradKessel, I spawn as a Soviet sapper (say that 5 times quickly!) and in one respawn and in less than two minutes I blow up the door to the warehouse, both doors to the assembly hall and the wall to the railroad! We just ran through the map, 2 rounds in a row!
All the team was in a great teamwork spirit!!
You blow 4 targets with 3 satchels? tell me how that works.

Upvote 0