• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite M16

Your favourite M16

• Vietnam era

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Modern day (ie 3 burst)

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Might as well get those Century M16A1s. I believe everything is Colt aside from the stripped lower. They go for about $700. You can find SP1s for cheap as well, though those lack the FA. If an A1 upper comes up locally for cheap I will probably get one to.

You got a flat top upper you want to trade? I've got a reasonably nice surplus Colt A1 upper that I'm not particularly attached to ... chrome bore, 1/12, MP tested, etc.

Upvote 0
The one that doesn't jam.... Owait.

ac7am9.jpg

Upvote 0
The M16A1. I think the heavier barrel profile of the A2 and A4 is not needed. I like the light weight feel of the A1. Plus I have full auto mode. The only bad thing about them is there's no flat top rail like the A4 and 62 gr bullets don't stabalize well in the twist the M16A1 has.

Upvote 0
The M16A1. I think the heavier barrel profile of the A2 and A4 is not needed. I like the light weight feel of the A1. Plus I have full auto mode. The only bad thing about them is there's no flat top rail like the A4 and 62 gr bullets don't stabalize well in the twist the M16A1 has.

Light weight is right. It's lighter than my polymer-framed .22 AR.

Upvote 0
Well, thanks a lot, jerks.

Y'all just made me spend a LOT of money that I really didn't want to spend.

I've got a complete rebuild coming for my AR-15. Almost every single part other than the lower receiver and basic FCG stuff is getting changed. New barrel, handguards, bolt group, upper receiver, optics, stock, pistol grip, etc. Everything. And a thousand rounds of XM-193.

So, I'm pissed at you. And I'm happy. All at the same time. Can't wait to get all the parts, get it all put together and go to the range.

Upvote 0
What is the build going to be like? Mid length? I'd like to get your A1 upper, but as I said, no money at the moment. :(

20" Wilson Combat Barrel, 1 in 7, A2 birdcage
Palmetto State Armory A3 upper
12" Midwest Industries FF handguard w/top rail
Railed gas block
M16 BCG
VLTOR A5 stock complete setup
Magpul MOE PG
Magpul BUIS

Not sure on the optic yet, going to temporarily use the Primary Arms M4 and magnifier while I figure out what to get. The PA stuff is currently on my M&P 15-22, and it'll wind up back there eventually.

Upvote 0