• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics You wanna be a better player? I'll tell you how...

nutbut is this a thread intended for ppl to add advice to, or critique those in the origional post?

Both. Add what you want and feel free to tell me where you think I am right or wrong.

i know you're distracted having a e-barney with someone, but i'm just wondering if should bother adding or not.

Yeah, I need to start ignoring him.

Upvote 0
Olivier and Nutterbutter said:

Don't mind him Nutter, he is Canadian, eh.
Don't mind him Olivier, he is an EX-Marine. (That was you that started the whole "no such thing as Ex-marine" thing right? I apologize if I'm mistaking you for someone else)

The issue of whether a medic should use a medic gun varies with the circumstances. I can think of a few "black-and-white" situations where a medic should definitely (IMO) use one. In a server with FF on, it's generally a good idea to have one, because if someone on the front lines is hurt, you don't want to run in front of everyone else's blazing guns to reach them.

When to use one: when your team is good, yet you expect them to take lots of damage. That's slightly contradictory, but think of it this way. If you're expecting your team NOT to take damage (competent lv.6's on hard), then the med gun is a waste. You're better off with a katana to use those weight blocks.

When not to use med gun: When your team sucks and you expect them to get wiped no matter how well you heal them. Med gun isn't particularly useful if you have no one else to heal and you're solo-ing the wave. (Med speed ftw)

Upvote 0
Don't mind him Olivier, he is an EX-Marine. (That was you that started the whole "no such thing as Ex-marine" thing right? I apologize if I'm mistaking you for someone else)

"Started" isn't quite right. Someone said "ex-Marine" and I mentioned that the correct term is "former Marine."

Look, my advice is my own. If you think you can use it, then use it. If it doesn't work for you, then don't use it.

Upvote 0

The issue of whether a medic should use a medic gun varies with the circumstances. I can think of a few "black-and-white" situations where a medic should definitely (IMO) use one. In a server with FF on, it's generally a good idea to have one, because if someone on the front lines is hurt, you don't want to run in front of everyone else's blazing guns to reach them.

When to use one: when your team is good, yet you expect them to take lots of damage. That's slightly contradictory, but think of it this way. If you're expecting your team NOT to take damage (competent lv.6's on hard), then the med gun is a waste. You're better off with a katana to use those weight blocks.

When not to use med gun: When your team sucks and you expect them to get wiped no matter how well you heal them. Med gun isn't particularly useful if you have no one else to heal and you're solo-ing the wave. (Med speed ftw)

The MP7M is one of the most useful and powerful tools a medic can have.
I speak as a level 6 full-barred medic.

The MP7M gives you the ability to heal 3 people within about 3 seconds flat, (MP7 shot, MP7 shot, med syringe) and then another dart after that.

That is a potential 4 people healed in a couple of seconds.

Now, if you have nice teammates and a bit of money, they can buy you weapons. Or, if you have an incompetent sharpshooter (i.e. using an M14) then you'd need an Xbow. But it is essential to keep the MP7M in order to perform at maximum potential.

Saying you don't need an MP7M is like saying you don't need a Crossbow as sharpie, and that using dual HCs is better.

It is all down to personal preference, but if you don't mind teammates dying because your med syringe isn't able to reach where you need it to in time, then by all means use it as your only weapon.

Upvote 0
Another good thing with the mp7 is that you can heal people with it and keep the syringe for yourself. But if you manage to keep your team alive with the syringe only, then, why not. (although it may be dangerous with FF on)

Most the time im hugging the team mate or i heal and run off, if a player hits me while i do that, well then >_> bad!

Upvote 0
Saying you don't need an MP7M is like saying you don't need a Crossbow as sharpie, and that using dual HCs is better.

Dual hand cannons are just as good except for the lack of ammo. A lvl 6 SS can solo easily with only pistols. The problem is lack of ammo once scrakes get into double digits and there are multiple FPs. There just isn't enough HC rounds even with headshots.

It is all down to personal preference, but if you don't mind teammates dying because your med syringe isn't able to reach where you need it to in time, then by all means use it as your only weapon.

BS. "if you don't mind teammates dying"... Total BS. An effective and attentive medic can heal just as well without the medic gun. And help the team more with greater firepower. You like the medic gun, I don't. It is as simple as that.

Still, I added a comment about using the medic gun on a 20% or higher FF server. There it makes sense.

Upvote 0
Dual hand cannons are just as good except for the lack of ammo. A lvl 6 SS can solo easily with only pistols. The problem is lack of ammo once scrakes get into double digits and there are multiple FPs. There just isn't enough HC rounds even with headshots.

BS. "if you don't mind teammates dying"... Total BS. An effective and attentive medic can heal just as well without the medic gun. And help the team more with greater firepower. You like the medic gun, I don't. It is as simple as that.

Still, I added a comment about using the medic gun on a 20% or higher FF server. There it makes sense.

And since when are medics supposed to be dishing out the pain?

I'm going to have to be the bad guy and say you probably would rather play KF before the patches and expansions.

The only time i use the med syringe as my main healing tool is when i'm playing with Dextronaut; with 250 ping.

But enough of the angry argument.

It is as simple as this: I use the MP7M because i function best with it, and sometimes there's times when you're not close enough. You see this as a lack of damage output, i see this as doing my job the way TWI intended it to be done, after updates and such.

You use only the med syringe for extra damage dealing capabilities. IMO if you're focusing on killing first, and healing second then something's wrong.

Upvote 0
I've taken to using the medigun when I play commando, enjoying the ranged heal and extra teammate healing capacity it gives me. I think it adds some nice utility to the commando and it's light weight lets it fit in with the scar and AK I usually have.
As an added bonus carrying that mp7 doesn't ever get me blown up like those pipe bombs I sometimes buy. :)

Upvote 0
Sigh. Really?

And since when are medics supposed to be dishing out the pain?

Medics are supposed to be dishing out the pain between healing others. After all, they have weapons, yes? Nothing wrong with putting rounds downrange if everyone is at 100% health.

I'm going to have to be the bad guy and say you probably would rather play KF before the patches and expansions.

I don't know why that makes you a "bad guy", but yes, I preferred the game before the m14 and pipe bomb spammers. Before the "let me buy ammo and armor" trader when someone had to decide wether to let their 50% armor carry them to the next level or not. When multiple FPs and scrakes would actually terrify a group. Before the game turned into "let's all buy aa12's, scar's, and a grenade launcher for everyone by the third wave and shoot down the hall with so much damn firepower nothing lives and can ever possibly reach us."

Yeah, I miss those days. Although I do like the husk.

It is as simple as this: I use the MP7M because i function best with it, and sometimes there's times when you're not close enough.

Fine then. Listen to me again. I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE WRONG. YOU LIKE THE MP7M. I DON'T. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. IT IS ALL PREFERENCE. STOP TAKING THINGS SO PERSONALLY.

Do I need to type it again? The hints, tactics, and strategies above are my own. Use what you want. Don't use what you don't like.

Why some of you people are acting like I am banging your sister and kicking your dog is beyond me.

You see this as a lack of damage output, i see this as doing my job the way TWI intended it to be done, after updates and such.

You use only the med syringe for extra damage dealing capabilities. IMO if you're focusing on killing first, and healing second then something's wrong.

I don't like the MP7M overall. I don't think the weight hit with poor offense capability is worth the bonus of the possible ranged heal. As for your charges of medics dealing damage, and doing the job as TWI intended, I have covered all of that as well in the first post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sigh. Really?

Medics are supposed to be dishing out the pain between healing others. After all, they have weapons, yes? Nothing wrong with putting rounds downrange if everyone is at 100% health.

I don't know why that makes you a "bad guy", but yes, I preferred the game before the m14 and pipe bomb spammers. Before the "let me buy ammo and armor" trader when someone had to decide wether to let their 50% armor carry them to the next level or not. When multiple FPs and scrakes would actually terrify a group. Before the game turned into "let's all buy aa12's, scar's, and a grenade launcher for everyone by the third wave and shoot down the hall with so much damn firepower nothing lives and can ever possibly reach us."

Yeah, I miss those days. Although I do like the husk.

Fine then. Listen to me again. I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE WRONG. YOU LIKE THE MP7M. I DON'T. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. IT IS ALL PREFERENCE. STOP TAKING THINGS SO PERSONALLY.

Do I need to type it again? The hints, tactics, and strategies above are my own. Use what you want. Don't use what you don't like.

Why some of you people are acting like I am banging your sister and kicking your dog is beyond me.

I don't like the MP7M overall. I don't think the weight hit with poor offense capability is worth the bonus of the possible ranged heal. As for your charges of medics dealing damage, and doing the job as TWI intended, I have covered all of that as well in the first post.

Oh i see. Well, good day then sir.

Upvote 0
I've taken to using the medigun when I play commando, enjoying the ranged heal and extra teammate healing capacity it gives me. I think it adds some nice utility to the commando and it's light weight lets it fit in with the scar and AK I usually have.
As an added bonus carrying that mp7 doesn't ever get me blown up like those pipe bombs I sometimes buy. :)

I enjoy using the medgun when I play support, as weight blocks aren't so much of an issue. Unless I'm maxed out with an aa12 and a bow.

Upvote 0
maybe ive got it all wrong here but i tend to rate medics more the fewer kills they make.
I premume he's doing a good job if after many rounds he only has 10 or so kills, from the odd gfast or stalker with the mp7, or assisting with the odd xbow takedown if required when healing isn't needed.

However there is one exception to this, and that is the medic's job as the last man standing, a task to which he is probably more suited than anyone else i recon.
ditching the mp7 and grabbing a katana or duel cannons to go with the xbow and i think his speed, healing and armour more than make up for his reduced damage.
Problem phaps is that some others think this too but use him offensively from the get-go.

IMO the shine is taken from the medic's solo cleanup if he wasn't 100% committed to healing the team before he was left alone.

Upvote 0
maybe ive got it all wrong here but i tend to rate medics more the fewer kills they make.
I premume he's doing a good job if after many rounds he only has 10 or so kills, from the odd gfast or stalker with the mp7, or assisting with the odd xbow takedown if required when healing isn't needed.

However there is one exception to this, and that is the medic's job as the last man standing, a task to which he is probably more suited than anyone else i recon.
ditching the mp7 and grabbing a katana or duel cannons to go with the xbow and i think his speed, healing and armour more than make up for his reduced damage.
Problem phaps is that some others think this too but use him offensively from the get-go.

IMO the shine is taken from the medic's solo cleanup if he wasn't 100% committed to healing the team before he was left alone.

I once got 0 kills on a 6man suicidal westlondon game.

In the above-ground tunnel near the cheap game gate, opposite the police station and opposite where the specs come over the 'cade.

I focused only on healing. does this make me a good medic? No.

Did i do my job well? yes

Also was fun.

But i digress, less kills usually means a better medic, so i agree with you. Unless they're zerking.

EDIT: here's a badly done map of where i was:

________HERE_____________
| ----crawlers spawn here-------|
|_________________________|

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I once got 0 kills on a 6man suicidal westlondon game.

In the above-ground tunnel near the cheap game gate, opposite the police station and opposite where the specs come over the 'cade.

I focused only on healing. does this make me a good medic? No.

Did i do my job well? yes

Also was fun.

But i digress, less kills usually means a better medic, so i agree with you. Unless they're zerking.

I always end up with 100 kills or less on suicidal. If everyone's reloading and some Zeds are lining, up i will xbow them!

Upvote 0