• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You say its realistic???!!

D3terioNation

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Played recently on a server with no dm & it annoyed me to hell!!!

Basically these guys who love no death messages (dm) would rather hit tab (or what have you) to see if they scored a kill? Really adds to the atmosphere yeh???

WTF!????

I prefer dm's so that I dont have to bring up my score-board every time I get a kill, yet there are people who say it takes away from the realism or whatever??? :mad:

Get a freaking grip! You thing soldiers had some kind of pop up menu that confirmed a kill for them!!!?

And dont tell me you dont bring up the score-board to confirm a kill cos you'd be talking out of yer arse!!!

Why the hell do these people run servers without dm>?>>?>>???? :mad:

AAAAAAAAAAARGH

=o/

Woa there friendly fire! The no dm crowd likes it because the idea is to make the entire game about the objectives and not your score.

By not knowing how many kills you have or if you got kills you have to work together a bit more and be a bit more sure. No killing a guy, seeing his death message, and then running across because you KNOW he is dead. Requires a bit more thinking,a bit more surety, and makes the game interesting to play in its own way.

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
Yes I understand that, but are you're telling me that people dont hit the score-board button to confirm that kill..? I dont think so :rolleyes:

I know I don't. Honestly, I don't really care what my score is. Sure, it's nice to get a really high score but I find that it happens naturally if I play as part of a team, capping objectives etc as well as straight up kills.

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:

Basically these guys who love no death messages (dm) would rather hit tab (or what have you) to see if they scored a kill? Really adds to the atmosphere yeh???

WTF!????

I prefer dm's so that I dont have to bring up my score-board every time I get a kill, yet there are people who say it takes away from the realism or whatever??? :mad:

Get a freaking grip! You thing soldiers had some kind of pop up menu that confirmed a kill for them!!!?

And dont tell me you dont bring up the score-board to confirm a kill cos you'd be talking out of yer arse!!!

AAAAAAAAAAARGH

=o/

Whenever i set the Core server on no deathmessages (sometimes for shits and giggles) i remove the scores of people aswell. So people can't press f1 to check they can still see if they are ont he top of the scoreboard. But not if they got a +1 score. I hope that there will be a scoreboard+deathmessages delay option at some point.

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
Yes I understand that, but are you're telling me that people dont hit the score-board button to confirm that kill..? I dont think so :rolleyes:
Yeah, I think that's what he's trying to tell you...
I've played on a few servers without DM and I never checked the scoreboard - same thing when I was playing on CoD servers without DM. Honestly, it makes the game more realistic with the DM off.

Upvote 0
Whoa little one.....

Whoa little one.....

D3terioNation said:

WTF!????

AAAAAAAAAAARGH

=o/

You think the soldiers in WW2 had something on the bottom of the rim on their helmets to tell them if they got the kill? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they used thier "eyes".

Why I play this is for the realism. I think most of this community does.

Let me ask you this question. How hard is it to hit your F1 key? Or whatever key you have binded for your precious scoreboard? I know the spring may be a bit hard to compress down but it will take time to build up those muscles.

LukeFF made a good point "...then don't play on servers with DMs disabled. Simple, right?"

Mac

Upvote 0
1) i changed my buttons so i don't hit TAB to check my scorebaord so there :p
2) DMs ARE realistic. Using DMs/Scoreboards to confirm kills are NOT. Theres a difference. don't go saying DM off is not realistic
3) If you don't like it go somewhere else and stop mouthing off
4) This whole post was about how YOU felt and how YOU dealt with it which btw was very poor. If you can't see both sides of the arguement then theres no disscussion here at all.
5) If you are realy that concerned with points/kills ect go play BF2

Yes some people don't like DMs off but our server won't change because your shouting about how you don't like it and try to make it seem as though were wrong. Other posts like this are just likely to get you flamed and called an idiot so its best to just not say stuff like this. have a good day and have fun on your DM server :)

Upvote 0
[DBDUK]ImIgRaNt said:
1) i changed my buttons so i don't hit TAB to check my scorebaord so there :p
2) DMs ARE realistic. Using DMs/Scoreboards to confirm kills are NOT. Theres a difference. don't go saying DM off is not realistic
3) If you don't like it go somewhere else and stop mouthing off
4) This whole post was about how YOU felt and how YOU dealt with it which btw was very poor. If you can't see both sides of the arguement then theres no disscussion here at all.

Yes some people don't like DMs off but our server won't change because your shouting about how you don't like it and try to make it seem as though were wrong. Other posts like this are just likely to get you flamed and called an idiot so its best to just not say stuff like this. have a good day and have fun on your DM server :)

OK im sorry Imigrant, but BF2 is one hell of a game, whether your a point whore or not.

Upvote 0