• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

would this offend you?

I wouldn't be my cup of tea, but if I can help attract new players I am for it. I'd also wait and see how HoS turns out before thinking it'll need help attracting new players, I have the impression that TW has spent a lot of time and effort making RO2 as appealing as possible in a meaningful way (not just dumbing down for example).

Like some of the hardcore fans here I like that RO slaps me around like a ***** on occasion, but a more arcade MOD wouldn't offend me in the slightest.

Upvote 0
if you recreated call of duty UO activation would shut your *** down. (because they know its a threat to evil money making scheme.) :D

also id love to see a call of duty uo themed game ive never played it but it sounds better than half the other call of duty games. the best part is that it won't attract as many 12 year olds to our community. :)

Upvote 0
I have serveral friends who come from the old COD1/2 and Day of Defeat days of fast paced "arcade" WW2 shooters. I was thinking maybe it would be fun to put together a simple 'softcore' mod where you dont have free aim, you have a cursor, and possibly a few minor tweaks to recoil and hip accuracy, movement speeds, etc.

I know it may not work, but in other games people get really offended by just mentioning taking time to do something like this. I personally don't have anything against the realism, I liked the UT mod quite a bit despite all its bugs, but I could get a few more of my other friends to try it out and maybe eventually try the full experience.

I know there is an arcade mode or whatever they call it, but I don't think they go so far as to add cursors and such.

edit: I am not asking TWI to make this mode. I am saying that if someone (say for instance me, were to make a *mod* like this).

So what do you think?

Friend, you could mod the game into a Dodgeball game for all I care, as long as we got more and more mods and modders, and the more the game sells, the better.
If someone makes a mod that can double the sales, Tripwire will just get bigger and would get more work done, and faster.
Hell, we might even get RO3 for 2012 :D

Upvote 0
Would this offend you?

Not at all Sir!
All attention is good attention, I bid you welcome to this dark corner :D

Having played original COD and expansion + COD2 and 4(!!!):confused: I have to concur with some of my fellow gamers here, Im not sure just when things went terribly wrong - but they did.
Nevertheless, we are not here to discuss COD, we are here awaiting RO2.
Mod away mate, I will play it to show my appreciation.

Upvote 0
Not at all Sir!
All attention is good attention, I bid you welcome to this dark corner :D

Having played original COD and expansion + COD2 and 4(!!!):confused: I have to concur with some of my fellow gamers here, Im not sure just when things went terribly wrong - but they did.
Nevertheless, we are not here to discuss COD, we are here awaiting RO2.
Mod away mate, I will play it to show my appreciation.

It went mainstream. Although not wrong, it's just not worth

Upvote 0