• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would it be worth doing another community beta?

Would it be worth doing another community beta?

• Yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • No (I demand an explanation)

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
What's the point? Another couple of months later we'll just get complaints that <insert perk here> is horribly broken.
100% this. If you want to make a "community" patch, do it yourselves lol. Sorry but "community" usually means everyone and clearly not everyone agrees to things you all have asked to change. Im one of them.

Upvote 0
Voted No, in a slightly defeatist mindset.

Whoever organises it good luck to them. I tried to keep the last one organised and productive, but sadly there is too much difference in opinion between what serious gamers want, and what casual gamers want. Sadly the opinions I have on what the game should be are amoung a fairly small minority.

For that reason I've stopped my campaigns for balancing the game on the sole premise that it'll never happen because 90% of people don't want the game to be balanced as it will impact on their "fun".

I believe that a second community beta would be cool, but I don't think it will achieve anything, and I don't have the dedication or interest to argue the balance point anymore. Good luck to anyone who does :)

Upvote 0
Make a list of known current issues that could be tested in the community beta, to see if it is worthwhile. I would be happy to participate in balancing and not trying to be defeatist, previous members have raised significant issues. This does not mean that we should not strive to round off KF before TW decides to move on.

RED issues are imbalances or bugs that everyone agrees needs to be fixed;
e.g, the mut. that stops players blocking doors at trader time.

BLUE issues are related to perks and weapons. These are subject to opinion. Findings should be gathered and put into a poll on forums(?) and sent to TW for consideration.

GREEN issues are imbalances or bugs that are subject to opinion. Findings should be gathered and put into a poll on forums(?) and sent to TW for consideration.

PURPLE issues are things that could be added in to balance the game. In some cases a mut might fix other issues (e.g stalkers remain cloaked at all times, no need to buff commando, usefulness increased). Scary ghost's super zombie mut is a prime example of this.

Another thing, as Undedd Jester mentioned, is the hardcore/casual player base. The issue we have here is that HoE is intended for hardcore players, I think, yet casual players, including myself, still relish in the challenge. Lower difficulties are meant for casual players, no?
- My point here being, if any specimen buffs go into this patch, maybe add in it only to HoE. If KF were just for me, I'd just add in Scary Ghost's super zombie mut to HoE and leave it be.

Upvote 0
I'd give here one more proposition:
Ballance out the difficulties.
What I mean is most of lvl 0-2 don't play Beginner but Normal, and their reasonings are: "Because Beginner is too easy, and Normal is the only good difficulty for me, yet too hard". That is true, Normal is like best ballanced so far imo, styill can be hard after all, but also easy enough, my fave due to the fact I lag a lot and on Hard I die due to lags way too often while at Normal at least I stand a chance. In short: Beginner is a joke, Normal is ballanced out enough to be not too hard and not too easy, Hard is well, too hard for those who want to play something harder to Normal many times... Suicidal and HoE are good though... So here is my proposition:
- Make Beginner like the point where now beginner and normal are in middle if you know what I mean
- Normal should stay not changed, unless you make Husks, Sirens, Scrake and FP a bit, really just a bit weaker
- Hard - many people play Normal cuz Hard is too hard for them, and Normal seems too easy for them... how about leaving hard as it is though, BUT adding a difficulty between Normal and Hard? Something like... I don't know, Advanced?

Upvote 0
- Make Beginner like the point where now beginner and normal are in middle if you know what I mean
- Normal should stay not changed, unless you make Husks, Sirens, Scrake and FP a bit, really just a bit weaker
Agreed
- Hard - many people play Normal cuz Hard is too hard for them, and Normal seems too easy for them... how about leaving hard as it is though, BUT adding a difficulty between Normal and Hard? Something like... I don't know, Advanced?
Narp.
There're currently 5 difficulties, and (admittedly, the people who find HoE easy are far and few between), but if anything I'd prefer a harder difficulty beyond HoE. However, having 6+ difficulty settings seems to be taking the biscuit a little bit.

I think the main differences between Normal and Hard is that on Normal you can do what you want - FP coming? Just spray and pray with the bullpup, and if a couple of your teammates do the same, he'll go down before he kills anyone. Hard is the start of people being required to use tactics that're used up to HoE, ie. don't rage the FP unless you can kill him, don't shoot the flinchlocked scrake, etc etc.
IMHO, when I went from Normal -> Hard, the gap was much smaller than Hard->Suic or Suic->HoE, although I was with a team whom some of them already knew how to play, so were giving us pointers on what not to do.

Upvote 0
I also voted yes and agree that some things can be improved upon.

My only irritations with the game at the moment:

Unable to change perk when joining a server.
Walk lag, I have no idea what causes this but it's frustrating as a lvl 6 seeing myself walking slower than a lvl 1 when the trader opens.
Trader Blockers, these really do irritate me, some servers use the anti-blocker and I'd like to see that as default on all servers on all difficulties, if no kick option is available then I have no choice but to leave the server.

Some of these could be server side settings, I don't run a KF server so apologies if they are.

Upvote 0
I know this is a dead thread, but due to my general inactivity on these forums, I had to respond now that I've finally visited this section of the forums again:

Who said it'd be without you :confused:
Also, since now people like you checked this thread maybe there is chance some of these things get fixed asap? ;)

Well, because I don't work at Tripwire anymore, it'd have to be without me. I mean, if I had time I'd love to do it from a fanboi stance, but I'm beyond busy, unfortunately.

Let's be honest, TWI are busy with RO2, the only upcoming thing for KF is a female character made by Iceberg.

Tsk tsk, no faith.

Upvote 0