• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst kind of players?

These people are literally the worst.
As the above poster, I get on web admin and immediately perm them

This^^^^
I have no problem if someone ASKS me that they want to play a few games with friends in private, as I have a dedicated server only for that. But claiming something that isn't yours deserves a free perm, right there. I also share those IDs with friends who run their own servers.

Running your own server is neither rocket science nor expensive.

What I really don't like are players who forget, that it is a fukkin game and we're all there to have fun, no matter on how massive your kf e-wang is. Don't take sh!t too seriously and treat people like you want to be treated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbs telling level 6 players to f*** off or join a HoE server because they think the level 6s are all "stealing" their kills, and then blaming on level 6s again when they get killed in later waves.

Also groups of a**hole friends "reserving" servers for themselves by constantly vote kicking other players.

yea i hear ya abusing vote kick option hate it when people do that. I might consider taking out that function but i just don't know if thats a good idea or no.

Upvote 0
The kind of players I hate the most are those who just-learned-the-basic-ropes and are soooo serious about winning a match. They think that completing a hoe map is a real hard thing, just next to impossible to do, and so the control freakness begins. They try to be some kind of team leader, shouting commands through voice comm, flip their sh*t if someone chooses a perk other than they feel is needed, criticize you for using offperk weapons and insist on playing in the most boring and safest broom closet camp spot on the map. What's more, they are completely oblivious to soloing sc/fp techniques, so they panic when you unweld yourself a door for your own, steal your aggro and shower biggies with AA12, etc. What's more, they usually come to a server with an entourage of their colleagues who usually play on normal or hard, and therefore when faced with hoe zeds, they act as obedient sheep of their 'captain'. Ugh.

They are a fun thing to watch, though, when they join by accident to a game where a bunch of skilled players just fool around with ridiculous loadouts, sharpies run with dual pistols, scrakes are flying left and right and commandoes are soloing FPs, etc.

im... somewhat on aggrement with this. I personaly hate uncopertative people, because I played this game for a co op survival horror experience... and I got that. 500 hours of it. the 16 hours where wasted by zerker ****s and medics soloing everything cos they could, since they are *so pro*. and by so pro, I mean complete ****ing twats.

ile admit, I am kinda the guy who goes yelling commands down the voice coms, but never to the point of being a control freak. I let everyone pick what they want, to each there own after all. its dureing the game I am trying to tell sharpies to target the sirens so our boys at the front don't get a earful. if they ignore it, then fair enough. if they listen and miss, then I just add to the intensity. I try to get into character, so to speak... and often times I feel like I am the only one trying to take the game somewhat seriously. XD

Upvote 0
There are many kinds of stupid players, who are very annoying.. indeed, the people who don't know what their perk is for (Medic who's not healing anyone but is just medic for the armour) or noobs who are bossing people around. Though for me, as a sharpshooter most of the times, the most annoying thing is anyone who rages a scrake and then expects others to kill it...

Upvote 0
Dunno about you, but a lot of us have fun by winning.
But if you get too caught up in winning it's not even fun any more.
Plus if losing cancels all the fun everyone just had then they should probably find something more relaxing to do with their time.
You gotta have fun along the way. Winning is the end of the match, you have to have fun on the way there and then if you don't win then you just play another match.
I mean, it doesn't really make a difference if you win or not anyway, except for achievements, and I couldn't tell you what achievements I do or don't have.

Upvote 0
A game needs to have a goal and an endpoint, otherwise it gets very boring. If you were just shooting Clots for 2 hours, you'd probably get bored very quickly! Thus you have waves and a boss, with the goal being to survive all the waves. Sure it's fun shooting enemies, but the overarching goal of trying to survive to the end gives you something to aim for.

Upvote 0
A game needs to have a goal and an endpoint, otherwise it gets very boring. If you were just shooting Clots for 2 hours, you'd probably get bored very quickly! Thus you have waves and a boss, with the goal being to survive all the waves. Sure it's fun shooting enemies, but the overarching goal of trying to survive to the end gives you something to aim for.
Honestly I don't get the people in this thread, are they trying to gather Internet points or what? Try-hards, selfish people and people who advise other players are BY FAR not the worst players there can be. Griefers, server-capturers, bad admins (Imma kick everybody now at wave 9) and smug/stupid lvl 0 players (who don't understand to leave HoE when they die in the start of every wave) are definitely going to be worse.

Upvote 0
Easily FauxSix players http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=88350

Just a few examples just from last week.

Playing How Biotics as a support. Dude joins the game as a fauxsix medic. How do I know he was a fauxsix? He was level six. He joined biotics as the second player as a medic. At the start of every wave, he ran to the very back of the corridor by the elevator, crouched, and waited for me to kill everything.

Playing Biotics and this dude joins. Level six in a few different perks. He plays back by the elevator. I explain visual spawn blocking to him. Doesn't matter. He stays by the elevator. He joins the next day. Plays at the elevator. I explain visual spawn blocking to him again. Doesn't matter. He stays by the elevator. No way he's a legit level six anything without understanding visual spawn blocking.

And the best one of all. I'm on biotics Hoe as support and a fauxsix sharpie joins. How do I know he was a fauxsix? He has that fauxsix behavior down pat. He shoots way too slowly. He fires a shot. Waits to see if the mob drops. Then aims again. This behavior only works and is only learned on leveling maps.

Anyway, he joins between level 1 and 2. If a new player joins, I like to sit back and let them do most of the killing. Plus any decent support can dominate early waves with multiple players so if things start to get out of hand, I can always clear the halls. He almost gets over run a few times, so I figure I'll switch to sharpie to show him how to play. Wave 2 is over and I switch to sharpie while he switches to support.

Things are going ok until the scrakes appear. He doesn't understand that if a sharpie is there then they handle the scrakes at a distance while the support kills things up close. If he sees a scrake at the end of the hall, he wants to ignore everything else and run up to the scrake and kill it. So I'm shooting scrakes & husks at a distance then having to switch to MK23 to kill the clots and crawlers that he is ignoring. (While I'm zoomed in)

The last thing I remember about the game is zooming on a scrake and headshoting him. As the xbow reloads, there is a wall of crawlers and clots closing in. He turns around and runs from the barrel on the left side of the hall to heal me. I'm at 70% health. Then everything closes in.

Upvote 0

Some of the most/best fun with this game I had losing wave 10 games on old school suicidal.

Upvote 0
Those FauxSix stories are terrifying.

I have a new submission for a worst kind of player: players that finish your kills. Last night I was playing with a "friend" (first game I've played in a month or two) and I was playing Sharp, and he was level 5 Commando. Being a Sharp, I was trying to use the 9mm as much as possible because its ammo is so cheap. However, this was an HoE game which meant that Clots and Gorefasts wouldn't die when I decapped them. So what did my "friend" do? He would body shot nearly every zed that I decapped and was bleeding out, so that he got the kill. I think in one wave (wave 4 maybe?) I got about 10 kills the entire wave because he just kept killing stuff I'd decapped. Very rude, imo.

Upvote 0
I think what I hate the most is hearing things like: "Don't tell me what to do"

I saw some well-renowned modder came in our server last week and said exactly that, I was kind of disappointed (I'm not aware of the exact context but it doesn't matter, you just don't say that.) If you don't want people to give you instructions you better expose your obviously better plan to the team.

But I guess we all have our own views on how this game should be played, even after ~1800hrs I sometimes wonder if maybe I'm doing it all wrong. On the other hand.. if this was a real life situation, there is now way we'd all get along anyway, so I guess this is just too much realism ? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah but if you die at the end it doesn't erase all the fun you had getting there. What's bad is if someone is actually hindering your ability to kill things. If they just don't contribute enough to the final wave or something it's no big deal. All you get for winning is a loading screen anyway.

Upvote 0