• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wondering the use of machineguns

Reduce MG 34 recoil when deployed and increase when not deployed ty

:)

Heavens no, I can already snipe across the map with the MG34. The DP-28 could be helped by a -slight- reduction in recoil, as it's useless if you do anything more than a three shot burst (rare, but there are the occasional 4-5 folks cross my sights all at once situations), but the MG34 is golden right now.

Upvote 0
I think recoils of the MG's are just fine, small controlled burst are good for precision and long bursts can be controllable for mowing down. Actually recoils feel a lot better than first RO, awesome work here. It's just that extremely accurate rifleman are hurting machine gunners.

Upvote 0
You guys are insane if you're thinking the mg recoil is "fine."

Playing with the MG34, you burst 3 rounds and it kicks up like that, it didn't even do that in RO.

When deployed the recoil needs to be a lot less recoil.

You can only "snipe" with it if you use alt fire to fire a single round.

It doesn't take but 3 seconds to youtube an MG34 video and show that there's no huge "kick up" recoild when firing it in burst, or even auto.

The gun actually goes back and transfers the energy to the one with their shoulder onit, if anything the barrel goes down a slight bit, not up.

MG34 - YouTube

You can easily see when he's firing it, the barrle doesn't go up, it goes BACK. In game you have so much recoil on the MG that you can't even use it properly in burst.

Because after every burst you have to bring the gun back down. You're far more effective using single shot when going for distance.

The Mg's just don't have the effective burst-range power they should have like the real ones. you can't burst shot and keep your sights where they were, you have to constantly bring it back down because of hte recoil on them.

It seems just as absurd to me as the hip-fire into the sky mg's of Ro1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It doesn't take but 3 seconds to youtube an MG34 video and show that there's no huge "kick up" recoild when firing it in burst, or even auto.

The gun actually goes back and transfers the energy to the one with their shoulder onit, if anything the barrel goes down a slight bit, not up.

You can easily see when he's firing it, the barrle doesn't go up, it goes BACK. In game you have so much recoil on the MG that you can't even use it properly in burst.

Because after every burst you have to bring the gun back down. You're far more effective using single shot when going for distance. .

This is true. I've fired many machine guns, the only MG that I've fired that has recoil in the vertical direction is the M2 .50 cal. It's obvious why the .50 has a lot of recoil since it's such a large round. However, prone or mounted with a LMG or medium mg, the recoil pushes straight into your shoulder and loss of accuracy is due mainly to body position and the way you're mounted to the ground, I notice more left and right deviation with a trained machine gunner than vertical. Also visibility issues with muzzle flash and smoke are more of a factor than vertical recoil.

Upvote 0
*Sigh*

I use the darn things every day, and with a bit of practice I had the recoil well in hand.

The DP-28 kicks like a mule, and is quite a bit harder to control than the MG34 in longer bursts, but I rarely fire in long bursts anyway. It would be nice to have the option for the odd instance that firing on full-auto is necessary.

Upvote 0
There's no way you can effectively use the MG34 in auto outside of 50 meters away in this game... as of right now anyways. I use it in semi 90% of the time and just rapid fire semi. They need to fix the recoil, and then the MG will be reborn into how it's supposed to be. There's not a whole lot to be afraid of with them now because you can't effectively use them to suppress anything.. Hell, you can't even hit them if you fire in 3 round bursts. It's pretty bad, honestly.

Upvote 0
There's no way you can effectively use the MG34 in auto outside of 50 meters away in this game... as of right now anyways. I use it in semi 90% of the time and just rapid fire semi. They need to fix the recoil, and then the MG will be reborn into how it's supposed to be. There's not a whole lot to be afraid of with them now because you can't effectively use them to suppress anything.. Hell, you can't even hit them if you fire in 3 round bursts. It's pretty bad, honestly.

>Ignore thread
>Rehash same points addressed above

Come on, guys. Read the thread. I and several others use the DP-28 and the MG34 on a regular basis as massive, full-auto, long range snipers with short controlled bursts from concealed locations, -exactly- how LMGs are supposed to be used.

RTFT.

Upvote 0
i originally thought the MG was pretty useless, but after sticking with it. I have found it is still extremely effective.

Once you learn proper positioning and tactics, you can lock down an entire section of the map from enemies. you never face them directly. You position yourself so that you cover the areas that the enemy will never ever stop in. The no mans land areas where people attempt to cross quickly.

Sure anyone can do that, but only the MG can do it on multiple targets, and at any distance effectively.

Its a class that takes alot of dedication to do well in, and there will be matches where you dont do so well.

Upvote 0
Other day I was using the MG34 in Pavlov's House and done exceptionally well. I honestly thought I'd get picked off left and right but I was only shot at long distances by rifles maybe twice.

It's really about positioning and while I can't say much as I haven't played as much as I would have like so far (not going to lie to make points, this is solely from brief personal experiences), setting up in certain places and cutting enemy advance and denying some parts of the map that are between high traffic areas is so far my favorite way to use the MG.

Ironically, that is one of it's many purposes as well but it works and some players can grow to be really good at it. It's a support role and so far it it does well but I think it should have more of a suppression factor then it currently has now to distill that frightening feeling in players when going against machine guns of that nature.

It's definitely one of the better factors of the game's features though at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
>Ignore thread

Come on, guys. Read the thread. I and several others use the DP-28 and the MG34 on a regular basis as massive, full-auto, long range snipers with short controlled bursts from concealed locations, -exactly- how LMGs are supposed to be used.

RTFT.

How? When I use the MG I fire in short bursts, but with the recoil after every burst I have to readjust to get a bead back on the target. If he isn't dead he's surely moved by then, my position is gave away and I get sniped by one lone rifemen.

The MG's just feel so unwieldy at a longer distance unless you use single shot, because of the kick up if you don't hit your target on the first shot and kill him, he'll be gone before you can readjust your sights back to them.

Upvote 0
It is possible to do, actually. I managed to kill targets up to 250 meters with MG using short bursts.

I have done it also, but instead of single firing and using 2-4 rounds you end up using 12 rounds instead. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense as far as efficiency... especially if you're in a potentially nasty spot and reloading will get you killed if you do it at the wrong time.

Upvote 0
>Ignore thread

RTFT.

DP-28 is easy to use in comparison. I don't have any problems with it. The amount of cycles per second and ammunition count make it a great match. You CAN fire this one in automatic and actually hit what you're aiming at as long as you burst it 3-6 shots at a time.

Upvote 0
Dear diary,

today was a good MG-day. I managed to get on top 3 spots on several maps with nothing but the MG and that also means it excludes most objective based teampoints. Lots of kills to level my rank! :D

I like both the DP-28 and the MG-34, I've had success with both. I like lots of things about the MG-34, but hate the 200m minimum sight adjustment and the vertical thing blocking your view when aiming down sights.

DP-28 has better sights, but it's not as cool of a weapon and lacks the awesome semi-auto mode :D

Upvote 0
How? When I use the MG I fire in short bursts, but with the recoil after every burst I have to readjust to get a bead back on the target. If he isn't dead he's surely moved by then, my position is gave away and I get sniped by one lone rifemen.

The MG's just feel so unwieldy at a longer distance unless you use single shot, because of the kick up if you don't hit your target on the first shot and kill him, he'll be gone before you can readjust your sights back to them.

Walk the recoil onto the target. Don't aim for center mass, aim low and let the gun kick your aim to the proper place.

Start at their feet, fire a three round burst. The first one might be too low, the second one will hit center mass, and the third one is likely to hit their heads.

Never ever ever hold the button down for more than a second. You'll do nothing but throw your aim off and give your position away.

And readjusting your sights is very important, especially with the DP-28, which is sighted for 50m when you first spawn. 200m is where I like to keep it, though I'll go shorter for danger close.

Upvote 0