• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

(WIP) Shaun of The Dead - Winchester Bar

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
One of the best horror/comedy films I have ever seen, and it is proving quite fun to recreate it in a virtual world. The main setting is the Winchester Pub (which I have seen modeled badly many times before), and the park opposite it with a few alley ways behind houses.

The real one, no infringement intended.

The Fortune

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
I have it on dvd, such a great movie. Just an idea but you could make the beer barrel lift with an elevator mover.

By the way what help do you need with it specifically?
I'd imagine you'd need a lot of custom textures and models for starters?

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Yea that would be a lot of help, do you have msn?

Also is it possible to create a script that will make the gambling machine work? So like you pay

F6Knight

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Belgium
You know what the next step is.
Spawn 6 LAR's near the player spawn and don't put a Trader on the map, only ammo boxes :)

That joke aside, I'm looking forward to this map, especially if the custom textures and models turn out good. Loved the movie :)

The Fortune

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
What kind of things can you help with? Do you model or create textures?
I'm just getting into modelling and texturing but I can use the editor fine, I've been mapping for a few years so I know a few tips and tricks, optimisation and all that kind of stuff.

I'm not as advanced at unreal as I am with Hammer but I'm catching up pretty quick. I'm also a pretty busy with my own map and work but I could lend a hand on the mapping side of things, maybe textures and models too when I get a bit better at them.

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Cheers, but the pub is slightly annoying, because I can't get the shape of the room right, as the inside was probably filmed in a studio. The interior in the film has a 5 sided room, but I'v looked at all the photos and and even in Google maps, and a 5 sided room wouldn't fit inside, plus all the angles would be wrong. But I'll try to replicate it as close as possible.

bh8817

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Arizona, USA
I'm not sure, i just thought i seen somewhere that someone did a pub from shaun of the dead

maybe not though, you make a better one =)

Duke Striter

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 2, 2009
Someone is porting it to. But from what I seen it looks very very dated. It also reminds me nothing of the movie. So a new better one would be cool :)

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Yea I'v seen the screen shots and it doesn't really look like its from the movie. So I'll make a better one, which will have you running around the back alley ways of houses.

Also I just found Google streets has pictures of the pub and the roads around it which is amazing! I can recreate it perfectly.

arramus

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2009
Residing in Japan
I love Shaun of the Dead and the Winchester Bar with its rooms and basement (you can add a mover lift for surfacing :) ) and the surrounding area outside will make for a good self contained battle ground.

Wastelander

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
Awesome idea, Does anyone remember the Winchester Bar from Brain Bread HL1 mod? That was an awesome mod and map.

Linoleum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 18, 2006
Midlands UK
you should name it something other than KF-Winchester cos ther is another version floating around which i played last night for a short while, didnt really look much like it, the inside was completly different.

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Yea the map is only based loosely around the bar as there will be other fun areas around it, so i wont call it KF-Winchester, maybe KF-ShaunoftheDead so people will know what I'm talking about.