• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design (WIP) Shaun of The Dead - Winchester Bar

chewmyheadoff

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
One of the best horror/comedy films I have ever seen, and it is proving quite fun to recreate it in a virtual world. The main setting is the Winchester Pub (which I have seen modeled badly many times before), and the park opposite it with a few alley ways behind houses.

3569790511_6908e19238.jpg

3570603046_aea77255fb.jpg

The real one, no infringement intended.

3569790723_fe2fdaae21.jpg

What kind of things can you help with? Do you model or create textures?

I'm just getting into modelling and texturing but I can use the editor fine, I've been mapping for a few years so I know a few tips and tricks, optimisation and all that kind of stuff.

I'm not as advanced at unreal as I am with Hammer but I'm catching up pretty quick. I'm also a pretty busy with my own map and work but I could lend a hand on the mapping side of things, maybe textures and models too when I get a bit better at them.

Upvote 0
Cheers, but the pub is slightly annoying, because I can't get the shape of the room right, as the inside was probably filmed in a studio. The interior in the film has a 5 sided room, but I'v looked at all the photos and and even in Google maps, and a 5 sided room wouldn't fit inside, plus all the angles would be wrong. But I'll try to replicate it as close as possible.

Upvote 0