• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[WIP] M3 Halftrack

Twrecks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 28, 2011
Ventura, California
Nice.
Though someone needs to animate all of these, lol.
Hope so, this awesome 50 cal is going to need to be simplified some, and needs an ammo box and ammo belt: [URL]http://www.westcourtcavaliers.com/CADCAM/M2HBa.jpg[/URL]

I didn't make the above model (can't even say where it came from), so only using it for reference to build my own versions (tripod and pintal). Don't want to step on any e-toes. Pretty sure it'll punch holes in a 251 :D

Last edited:

G_Sajer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Minnesota
:cool:

The Sk251 had sloped armor, so it was probably fairly resistant to small arms. The M3 was less so simply because of the vertical sides. But the .50 cal was designed to punch through light armor and did so effectively, particularly if the ammo used was AP. Just as a side thought, the presence of the .50 cal is realistic, but will add a whole new dynamic to the maps. This thing can punch through buildings. Tactics will have to be developed to deal with it. This is probably a good thing, because there is a lot of room for improvement in terms of how players move about and coordinate attack and defense. Still too much running around like irrational chickens.

Last edited:

LugNut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2011
Just as a side thought, the presence of the .50 cal is realistic, but will add a whole new dynamic to the maps. This thing can punch through buildings. Tactics will have to be developed to deal with it.
Considering the short engagement ranges, that everyone on the other side will have sniper-esque zoom, and the .50 won't be mobile like a lmg, I think your life expectancy as a mounted mg'er won't be long.

If you can sit back at long range somewhere with it, it will be effective at suppression and keeping people on the floor however. Like it should.

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Dunno, don't want to rain on the parade, but I foresee that, with the current zoom and the historical lack of any sort of armored shield for the MGers, they'll be slumped down on the hull of the M3 for most of the time when the HT is anywhere near rifle range, not to mention the MGs...