• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will snipers/marksmen get camo coats and wrapped rifles?

I'm serious about not having scoped weapons.
Only complaints I ever saw from the total lack of snipers on a map was from either the people who style themselves as snipers or those incapable of adapting.

I agree with this. As far as I've seen in RO, maps without scoped rifles (some quite large maps) don't have any balance issues due to the lack of "snipers". The ranges fought at are still generally short enough that a rifleman who has practised for a little bit can pick off anyone who is holding up the team. It's a bit harder of course, but that works both ways so there aren't balance issues.

Upvote 0
So far the only map I've see that a sniper is a legit is fallen heroes all others are too confined after all anything under 200yds you don't need a scope for, or simply don't understand how to make a correct sight picture with open sights. More than likely it's COD kiddies that wasn't able to grab a smg or semi to spray and pray.

Upvote 0
in HoS.. you are a marksman.. not a sniper.

Hero snipers (and only hero snipers) should have slight clothing customization options.
Also, I love Vassili Zaitsev. Such a badass. Read his book if you like Stalingrad literature.

Sniper on the Eastern Front
-Josef 'Sepp' Allerberger

Better book imo ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0