• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is wave 8 so slow?

Yes indeed answered perfectly etc etc I understand all of those wavenum if 7 etc etc...
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Yes indeed answered perfectly etc etc I understand all of those wavenum if 7 etc etc...
Spoiler!

If you don't understand, ask for clarification.

What the code has is a set of conditions to adjust the spawning of the zeds if it is wave 0-7, and a different set of code for waves 9-10 based on how many people are in the game. It neglects to modify the spawning during wave 8 (when WaveNum = 7) because the conditions are only met when WaveNum is LESS than 7 or MORE than 7.

WaveNum = 7 on wave 8 because the variable "WaveNum" is 0 indexed. That means it starts counting from 0 instead of 1.

This seems like a coding oversight by the developers, and it seems like it would easily be fixed as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because Tripwire. The same reason they don't fix the .44's weight, or the duals ammo distribution, or the server browser, or...
I agree on all of those cept dualies ammo distribution, I don't mind it, only thing I dislike is when you pick up empty pistol ur dualies are empty... :p

But yeh I see the point - it won't be fixed because Tripwire doesn't bother to fix it, right?

Upvote 0
Please, keep on topic and stop referring to quoted post. People breaking forum rules will be treated accordingly. People not following moderator's instructions will be treated as hostile.
We're not allowed to criticize TWI? ;_;

I decided to show up to tone things down and get the discussion back on right tracks without infracting anyone who was derailing the thread. Now each post that won't contribute to thread by being on-topic will result in infraction for derailing the thread. If you have nothing to add to the topic just don't post and leave it for those who have.

If you want to discuss the moderator's decission you can do that by other means than responding by posting in topic to moderator on duty, creating further off-topic, which is forbidden by the forum rules. You can not read them, but if you break them fault is entirely on you.

With all that said - continue posting. On topic - Holy.Death

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I think the 8th wave is slower because in many matches people die on 7th round when fp's come. Then people could easily die on 8th wave also because team cant afford good equipment. People can change their perks for more useable perks for the 8th wave if their assembly doesnt work on 7th wave. Maybe it's that. Maybe it isnt, but that would make a bit sense to me.

Upvote 0
We're not allowed to criticize TWI? ;_;

And the fact that you received an infraction for saying that makes me feel like we're under Nazi rule... NEIN! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE TWI!

He got infraction for derailing the thread, which was exactly what he was doing with his post. I'd also like to remind that arguing with moderator's decision is also forbidden. You even care to look at the rules before you jump to conclusions like yours? Please, drop "there is no freedom of speech" or "nazi rule here" arguments. They won't fit, they doesn't serve the discussion and they're not really allowed here - Holy.Death

Demons? Omg my post is possessed! I'm joking, and I was about that statement about Nazis, and I think it was a little immature of me to post that.

Something that is on topic: I can definitely see the wave 8 bug being something that is quite fixable, although it's just a matter of time until TWI gets moar graphix to be able to open notepad without dipping below 5 fps to be able to edit the code. I'll be happy to donate a GTX 690.

Edit: I was going to put up a link for a video that shows that microsoft notepad doesn't get over 5 fps but I cannot find it.

Pic possibru related.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys, the moderators are right. There is a right way and a wrong way to complain:

"TWI sux why won't they fix this" = the wrong way
"Hey, lets all make enough noise about this so we make sure TWI are aware of it and get it fixed" = the right way

9.9999 times out of 10 the reason we haven't fixed something is because we haven't heard about it. That is exactly what happened here. I have never heard of this issue until today. When enough people mention a problem (in a respectful way) it gets our attention, and we notice it, and look into resolving it as it fits into the timescales of our releases.

Upvote 0
Guys, the moderators are right. There is a right way and a wrong way to complain:

"TWI sux why won't they fix this" = the wrong way
"Hey, lets all make enough noise about this so we make sure TWI are aware of it and get it fixed" = the right way

9.9999 times out of 10 the reason we haven't fixed something is because we haven't heard about it. That is exactly what happened here. I have never heard of this issue until today. When enough people mention a problem (in a respectful way) it gets our attention, and we notice it, and look into resolving it as it fits into the timescales of our releases.

Ok, well I can say that I have experienced this with the 8th waves. I don't know much about codes, but someone on the first page was able to locate it and it clearly shows that the spawning time is slightly increased, in favor of the survivors.

Also while I'm at it, I seem to be having an issue with my screen shot button. For all steam games, its defaulted at F12. Well, for the past few weeks, nearly month, my screen shot button takes a screen shot but only after disconnecting me from the server I'm currently on. Its annoying because theres been a few times where I really wanted to screen cap something, but I'm too worried about being disconnected. Any tips on what I should do? Would verify cache help?

Upvote 0
Ok, well I can say that I have experienced this with the 8th waves. I don't know much about codes, but someone on the first page was able to locate it and it clearly shows that the spawning time is slightly increased, in favor of the survivors.

Also while I'm at it, I seem to be having an issue with my screen shot button. For all steam games, its defaulted at F12. Well, for the past few weeks, nearly month, my screen shot button takes a screen shot but only after disconnecting me from the server I'm currently on. Its annoying because theres been a few times where I really wanted to screen cap something, but I'm too worried about being disconnected. Any tips on what I should do? Would verify cache help?

Someone can find a problem (which I haven't verified this problem yet, but I'm investigating it) but if the devs don't hear about it, then we can't fix it. We're a bit like firefighters, and we're getting calls into the fire station all the time. Unless a house is burning down, we might not hear about it, or other fires are more important. In other words, we have to put out the fires on the houses that are burning down before we look at the brush fire in someones backyard. But if we get 100 calls about the brush fire in someone's back yard, we are more apt to take a look.

For your other question, F12 doesn't do anything in KF by default, unless you've bound it to something odd. F9 is the screenshot button for KF (not steam screenshots, standard KF screenshots).

Upvote 0