• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does Tripwire focus on RS/RO2 instead of KF?

Yeah come to think of it it is odd that getting hit by a harpoon doesn't seem to bother the zeds at all. Buut is is already a ballsome weapon when it works, so I am satisfied.
It does bother the zeds, very much so, they flail.

It would be a ballsome weapon if it worked which it doesn't because the dmg location bug makes it extremely unreliable for its intended function.

I don't worry myself with how much time TWI or any game company is spending on this or that, KF gets updates and they're good. Recent few seem to have had a focus on bugs so I don't think there's that much of an issue.

Upvote 0
For the people mentioning Killing Floor 2 frequently. Your starting to sound as bad as the Half Life fans going crazy for their final installment of the series. Follow these rules and you might come out more sane than the "aliens" guy.

>If anyone official (Staff member or well known gaming journalist) hasn't talked about a sequel to your favorite game openly with tangible detail, then it's likely it will never happen for a long long time.

>If there is no footage or game developments at E3 (Or general video game conventions) regarding your favorite game's fabled sequel, then it is a myth and should be treated as one.

>If there has been footage, and nothing has come around for more than 2 years, then it's likely not going to be as fun as it was made out to be. (DNF/publisher/development-hell Syndrome, also applies to Early Access and Kickstarter.)

>It has to generate hype. Nobody keeps secrets anymore because they want to sell out preorders faster than McRib's at Mcdonalds..

This is mostly just from observation alone. But It's safe to say these make sense. So as long as Valve never finishes the Half Life story, Killing Floor will never have an updated sequel. Don't let rumor jerk you around.

:D I hope this educates. :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the people mentioning Killing Floor 2 frequently. Your starting to sound as bad as the Half Life fans going crazy for their final installment of the series. Follow these rules and you might come out more sane than the "aliens" guy.

>If anyone official (Staff member or well known gaming journalist) hasn't talked about a sequel to your favorite game openly with tangible detail, then it's likely it will never happen for a long long time.

>If there is no footage or game developments at E3 (Or general video game conventions) regarding your favorite game's fabled sequel, then it is a myth and should be treated as one.

>If there has been footage, and nothing has come around for more than 2 years, then it's likely not going to be as fun as it was made out to be. (DNF/publisher/development-hell Syndrome, also applies to Early Access and Kickstarter.)

>It has to generate hype. Nobody keeps secrets anymore because they want to sell out preorders faster than McRib's at Mcdonalds..

This is mostly just from observation alone. But It's safe to say these make sense. So as long as Valve never finishes the Half Life story, Killing Floor will never have an updated sequel. Don't let rumor jerk you around.

:D I hope this educates. :IS2:
Demand, that does make a difference in any business, specially for a small indie company like TWI. That way the company feels more confident about working in that project.

I'm sure KF2 could hit big and TWI needs to see and believe in that.

Upvote 0
I don't think that's a very fair statement. I feel they work on Killing Floor quite a lot considering how old it is, and the fact that it was a great game at base. Of course they're going to focus more on newer and more popular projects. I'm surprised they bothered at all with Killing Floor for so long, however I am incredibly glad.

Ok now I know. They were working on KF2 in past years. CLOSED

Uh, I don't think you can do that. :confused:

Upvote 0
TWI has been focusing on RO2 a bit too much a while ago, I'm hoping they have shifted their focus towards KF2 somewhat. I still have the feeling that they tried to turn KF into a cash cow with all its overpriced DLC, so let's hope KF2 will be different.
I dunno as much as the RO community was complaining about lack of updates, I'd say they were working more on KF2, considering how long we were "So close to getting ___"
I think the focus on KF2 slowed down work on RO.
And I'm fine with that.

Upvote 0
TWI has been focusing on RO2 a bit too much a while ago, I'm hoping they have shifted their focus towards KF2 somewhat. I still have the feeling that they tried to turn KF into a cash cow with all its overpriced DLC, so let's hope KF2 will be different.

I don't want to offend you but what do you know about the internal stuff that happens there? How much work they put in what game depends on what they feel will be the best for the company and then the fans / players.
I'm sure they used the Killing Floor dlcs to make as much money as possible to make an even better game and keep the company running / growing. I don't like it either that the dlcs are getting more expensive but then again we're not forced to buy them. I didn't buy some of the latest dlcs because I thought it's getting too expensive. I hope that the dlcs for KF2 won't be too expensive because I might buy the game when it's available in whatever state.

Upvote 0