• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does nobody play mare nostrum?

i would like to play MN from time to time, but i oftenly only have a limited time to play. so since it is patched there is this "psychological barrier" of having to go download and install that patch, wich takes time. so i rather play RO untill theres a new bigger patch with new stuff in that is worth the time needed to install.
call it lazyness or whatever you like, but thats how humans work. choosing the shortest path to achieve something. by patching the game so soon you separate the MN fans from the occasional MN player like me.

i realise i could have downloaded and installed the patch instead of writing this crap, but thats just how stupid humans can be.

Upvote 0
I too am apparently stupid and lazy.

I tried to patch MN, it didnt work. I tried again and read up on it and it didnt work so I quit. I have too little time to waste playing an on-line game as it is let alone spend over an hour trying to make it work.

I will keep up on the MN news, and when something new (vehicles) get released, I will re-install. But for now, I don't have the time or patience.

But I liked the gameplay, weapons, and those foul-mouthed Aussies.

Upvote 0
At least you guys know you are dumb and lazy :rolleyes: (Not MN)

well yes, when you make a patch or anyhting else it's best to know most players are like you said "dumb and lazy".
immagine if you would have to go download the new custom maps and install them manually for RO, there would hardly be any custom maps played.
the ideal would be to update the Mods by steam, but that aint gonna happen in a kazillion years. otherwise there are auto installers, but still to get the main bulk of players to update their game themselves you always need to give them a good reason like new maps and vehicles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0