• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why Do Axis Win at a Higher Rate Than Allies?

I think the "old" RO players need to get kicked back to reality. I never played RO and yet im almost always top 3 in score AND in kills.

I think the whole "RO vets rule RO2 battlefield" is just another myth.

Remember when half german team had MKBs? I had played Grain Elevator maybe 15 times before MKB and not lost once. After MKB I havent won one time in maybe 10 tries. All as russian side.

Tonight I heard the worst excuse ever. Axis wins because they "know" the map better. Well they won Factory... then we tied them on Spartanova... and tied them on Station. Guess they didnt "know" Spartanova and Station that well... only Factory... haha.

Stop the BS please. Axis is overpowered in weapons, tanks, uniforms AND maps!

Reactions: Soviet33
Upvote 0
I think the "old" RO players need to get kicked back to reality. I never played RO and yet im almost always top 3 in score AND in kills.
For your side, most likely. I pull the top 5 on my team at least 70% of my games, and the top German players are always pulling more kills, and 2x the team work score.

Really just compare the team scores at the end of the match. Even on maps I win as Russian, the German total team score trumps our's. What does that tell you?

Upvote 0
Slightly better weapons, cooler uniforms and a mild map imbalance definitely make the Axis more popular. It's very rare to join a server and see the Axis outnumbered.

The solution, as someone said elsewhere on this forum, would be to have players switch armies after the first round of a given map. It would address the issue of players favoring the Axis and also make more sense than the current system of just playing the same army twice in a row.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but explaining the overwhelming number of Axis victories via game mechanics and map design requires far less assumptions than some overwrought hypothesis in which the Axis are somehow drawing better players. Furthermore, the explanation via mechanics and map design can be cleanly explained via observation of the layout of the map and the comparative abilities of the Axis weaponry while an argument that relies on skill requires an additional assumption that it is skill we are seeing and not a game mechanic or poor map design.

Reactions: MrCookie
Upvote 0

I think the whole "RO vets rule RO2 battlefield" is just another myth.

It is. In fact it's a myth that they dominated the RO1 battlefield. Just like CoD, the RO1 battlefield was biased to a certain play style. You could ONLY dominate by playing like that so it taught bad habits.

They learned the SAME kind of bad habits the CoD players learn because RO1 was just as unrealistic as CoD, it was just unrealistic in the oppositie direction.

Remember when half german team had MKBs? I had played Grain Elevator maybe 15 times before MKB and not lost once. After MKB I havent won one time in maybe 10 tries. All as russian side.
And yet I was playing it last night, and the Germans couldn't even cap the gate house, MkB or no MkB. The weapons have far less to do with victory than the tactics. If you have the best weapons but the worst tactics, you will lose. Always.

Stop the BS please. Axis is overpowered in weapons, tanks, uniforms AND maps!
Nope. The are not overpowered. The are realistically powered and you don't know how to deal with it. There is an important difference. If the weapons are overpowered, they will be fixed. If the problem is YOUR TACTICS, then NOTHING the devs will do can fix it. Only turning the game into CoD will allow you to be successful without good tactics. Which is what so many of the complainers seem to want to do.

My question is, if RO2 sucks so bad, why not go play CoD? That's the game you seem to want to play, after all. Leave this game for the people that DON'T want to play ****ty kid games.

When I played Enemy Territory, I was usually top 5. When I played Battlefield 2, I was usually top 5. When I played Call of Duty 4, I was usually top 5. When I played Project Reality or Insurgency, I was usually top 5. When I played Battlefield Bad Company 2, I was usually top 5. Now that I play Red Orchestra 2, I am usually top 5.

The ONLY thing remotely similar about all those games is MY ATTITUDE. I can succeed in ANY FPS, by using sound small unit tactics. If the gun is borked, I adjust my tactics, if the gun is overpowered I adjust my tactics. I am good at EVERY FPS, because I never rely on game mechanics to save me or help me. If they are in the way, I avoid them, if they help I exploit them. It's MY decision.

Far too few FPS players are capable of this, even though they love bragging about this "kill streak" or that "300m head shot." Same joke, different joker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
snip-bragging-snip

Germans still win a lot more, despite you being God's gift to FPS's. This thread isn't about tactics, it's about the Germans being OP. If it's intentional for realism, I sort of get it. If we are going the realism route, than the Russians should automatically have more reinforcements than the Germans...like a hell of a lot more.

Upvote 0
Am I reading this wrong, or are people seriously arguing about tactics in pub games? Wake up, pub games are a bunch of random people running about doing their own thing, and what determines who wins is either the average skill of each team if the map/sides are balanced enough, and when the balance is really skewed, the favored side usually wins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why Do Axis Win at a Higher Rate Than Allies?

I never really see a difference between the two teams.... I've seen both teams lose and win about equally on the same maps.

The one thing I do notice a lot though is that the majority of players tend to join the Germans more than the Russians, to the point where most matches I am on have the Russians un-balanced by 2-3 players most rounds..... which would give an advantage to the Germans.

Sometimes the auto-balance works, other times it doesn't.... and when it doesn't, usually I see the Germans with more players than the Russians and thus, a better chance of them winning.

The only time I see the Germans being overpowered is when they have more feet on the ground than the Russians do, thus more weapons shooting at them than the Russians have shooting back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Germans still win a lot more, despite you being God's gift to FPS's. This thread isn't about tactics, it's about the Germans being OP. If it's intentional for realism, I sort of get it. If we are going the realism route, than the Russians should automatically have more reinforcements than the Germans...like a hell of a lot more.

It never ceases to amuse that if I was to say "I can sing pretty well" you wouldn't have cared. But if I say I can play this game pretty well, suddenly all you complainers start getting sensitive.

You KNOW that YOU are the problem, because you KNOW that other people aren't having that problem.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, as they say.

No, this thread is about people who haven't got a clue looking for excuses as to why they lose. If the Germans win all the time it must be something to do with the game mechanics. There is no way the other team are just BETTER than you. That's impossible! You get 10 kill streaks all the time!!!11.

Upvote 0
It never ceases to amuse that if I was to say "I can sing pretty well" you wouldn't have cared. But if I say I can play this game pretty well, suddenly all you complainers start getting sensitive.

You KNOW that YOU are the problem, because you KNOW that other people aren't having that problem.

No, this thread is about people who haven't got a clue looking for excuses as to why they lose. If the Germans win all the time it must be something to do with the game mechanics. There is no way the other team are just BETTER than you. That's impossible! You get 10 kill streaks all the time!!!11.

The German team being consistently better across the board would be quite an anomaly.

Upvote 0

lol I own at this game, and all other FPS's. I am making an observation that whenever I play as the Germans I win, and whenever I play as the Russians I lose....most of the time.

Upvote 0
I've seen the Russians win Pavlov's house once. It just so happened that I was the commander ;) (BTW, squad leaders mark the f**(ing artillery points for your commander!)

It is alot easier to win, and score team and kill points, as Germans. Many of the reasons have been discussed already.

It's quite ridiculous tho on Fallen that the Germans can literally invade the Russian's number 1 spawn point so easily and spawn rape to their hearts content.

I play Allies mostly but only because I feel cheap playing on the side with 2,3,4,5 extra players.

It'd be interesting to find out the win ratio between Allies and Axis since RO2 was released. I wonder whether TWI have that data? I'd bet that it's at least 75% in favour of the Axis. And I think I'm being conservative with that estimate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Am I reading this wrong, or are people seriously arguing about tactics in pub games? Wake up, pub games are a bunch of random people running about doing their own thing, and what determines who wins is either the average skill of each team if the map/sides are balanced enough, and when the balance is really skewed, the favored side usually wins.

That's only because people like you expect pub games to be like that so YOU make them like that. If the old hands play properly, the noobs are forced to play properly or get owned.

I use sound small unit tactics and they work in EVERY GAME. CoD ET, UT, all of them, pub, clan, doesn't matter. I don't need my team to do the right things because I can do it on my own if I have to. They die, I don't.

Then they come here and complain about how ****ty the game is or about how broken and unbalanced it is, and then they get all pissy when I point out that they are their own worst enemy.

I never NEED to complain about game mechanics. I'm just as good at ANY FPS game. You may not believe it, but the people I have played against or with KNOW it.

In the CoD style games they usually call me a hacker. In this game they are saying the game is broken. Same thing.

It's NOT because I am god's gift to FPS. It's because I have NEVER thought that, unlike you. If I lose, I assume it was MY FAULT, and try to learn from my mistakes.

People like you NEVER learn. You just piss and moan about it for awhile then go try and find another game that will let you play badly but not get owned. That is why I am good at ALL FPS games, and you are probably no good at ANY OF THEM. You just don't notice it as much in CoD, or indeed RO1.

Upvote 0
That's only because people like you expect pub games to be like that so YOU make them like that. If the old hands play properly, the noobs are forced to play properly or get owned.

I use sound small unit tactics and they work in EVERY GAME. CoD ET, UT, all of them, pub, clan, doesn't matter. I don't need my team to do the right things because I can do it on my own if I have to. They die, I don't.

Then they come here and complain about how ****ty the game is or about how broken and unbalanced it is, and then they get all pissy when I point out that they are their own worst enemy.

I never NEED to complain about game mechanics. I'm just as good at ANY FPS game. You may not believe it, but the people I have played against or with KNOW it.

In the CoD style games they usually call me a hacker. In this game they are saying the game is broken. Same thing.

It's NOT because I am god's gift to FPS. It's because I have NEVER thought that, unlike you. If I lose, I assume it was MY FAULT, and try to learn from my mistakes.

People like you NEVER learn. You just piss and moan about it for awhile then go try and find another game that will let you play badly but not get owned. That is why I am good at ALL FPS games, and you are probably no good at ANY OF THEM. You just don't notice it as much in CoD, or indeed RO1.
Chill:cool:

I amend my observation. This game is unbalanced unless you have KarmakazeNZ on your team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol I own at this game, and all other FPS's. I am making an observation that whenever I play as the Germans I win, and whenever I play as the Russians I lose....most of the time.

Yes, BUT WHY?

Everyone jumps on the weapons or the maps, but no one ever stops to think that the better players will go for the Germans because the Germans have slightly better weapons. That is realistic and doesn't need to be changed.

What needs to be changed is how the teams are selected and balanced during play. Everyone wants to go Germans to get this unbeatable assault rifle.... so they do. Even in the middle of a round.

For the whole round half the allied team is simply passing time until they can switch teams.

THAT is the problem. No one gave a **** about the MkB42 until everyone had one. Suddenly it was an unbeatable gun. No, it was always the same. It's just that now everyone is using it, many of them are better than you, no matter what gun they use. So it seems that gun is making the difference, but it isn't, not really.

What is making the difference is the desire to play as a Russian. People don't seem to want to, so they spend more time looking for a way to switch than looking for a way to win the round.

Oh, there is another factor. Most of the people who have it now, have it because they got the DDE and they played the beta and as such they have played the game more than you. Why are you surprised they are better at it than you?

As I said, I'm the only person in this thread, it seems, that DOESN'T think he is god's gift to FPS. I never assume I am the best player on the server. It just usually works out that I'm better than most.

People like YOU assume that YOU are god's gift to FPS, so if YOU can't do it, or understand it, then IT must be wrong. You're an FPS god. You don't make dumb mistakes. I make dumb mistakes all the time. The difference is that I don't blame the game for my mistakes and I learn from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: THD and the_Monk
Upvote 0