• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why Do Axis Win at a Higher Rate Than Allies?

i found the win ratio to be fairly even untill the MKB42 came around. now the german team stomps the russians every game.....

I disagree, of all the weapons on the German side, MkB is deffinitely not the one I am killed by most. Sure it's a powerful gun, but if someone starts spraying you with the MP40 you are equally dead. The real problem with MkB is that you can go to semi auto and practically have a G41 with 30 rounds. Impossible to miss people who run for cover with 30 rounds...The weapon should deffinitely be a commander only option. NOT assault.

Upvote 0
Spartanovka, for example, is a terrible map. Earlier today I played it on the German side. Had 130 points in the first round. Just now I played for the Russian side...I could barely do anything, and not because my aim sucks or I can't play. I kill people a lot, but the spawn system is so horrible for the Russian side that it seems if I only die ONCE while defending the gullies, the Germans have already captured the Church before I am even able to run back to defend it.

I'm gonna stick to Russians for a while, you really need a good team to win and it works well for increasing overall playing skill.

this^^
i think we might of been in the same server lol.

The germans absolutely steamroll spartanovka. every time i'd find a position to shoot from i'd get shot immediately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never lost Spartanovka on the German side, played the map at least 15 times since the game launched.

I've won it a few times as Allies. It's not easy if the Germans are hell bent on flanking left and right until they reach the last objective. But it's doable, particularly in the rubble field on the Russian left. The house-to-house fighting is the worst, because they're all bullet funnels and everyone knows exactly where to look for. You can hose down fences with MGs and SMGs and find people hiding pretty easily.

It's still possible to win as Russians even when they're pushed all the way to the Town Hall. You just have to make them pay dearly to get there so they don't have the reinforcements to assault the **** out of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never lost Spartanovka on the German side, played the map at least 15 times (as German) since the game launched.

I play on a US server all the time, but it's probably because I'm always the Russian commander. :p

Seriously though, well placed mortars at the beginning stages completely turn the tide in our favor. I've played and won on the map so much now I already know where they're gonna' go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've won it a few times as Allies. It's not easy if the Germans are hell bent on flanking left and right until they reach the last objective. But it's doable, particularly in the rubble field on the Russian left. The house-to-house fighting is the worst, because they're all bullet funnels and everyone knows exactly where to look for. You can hose down fences with MGs and SMGs and find people hiding pretty easily.

It's still possible to win as Russians even when they're pushed all the way to the Town Hall. You just have to make them pay dearly to get there so they don't have the reinforcements to assault the **** out of it.

The most silly part of the map starts when you capture the 2nd house block.
Every time we capture that I simply go to the middle house on the left flank (German side), go prone inside that big green bush and decimate the Russians who spawn and run for the town hall. And noone ever seems to find me. You get +2 points for killing people from the objective zone as well. :/

Upvote 0
The MG is also superior. If you play redoktoberfactory a lot, you are going to see the Germans win a lot, as well. that map is by far the most unbalanced map in my experience. Even Gumrak is more balanced.

only reason allies ever lose red october is because you get too many COD kids trying to get kills instead of rushing caps

After the first cap goes down the axis have almost absurd running distances to get to caps compared to the allies side.

If allies take the bridges on apartments its almost a guaranteed allied win as well.

I really have no problem winning with either team, but that could be because I play with some friends/people from RO1 and instead of trying to rack up 30 kills a game we would much rather have a higher w/l ratio.

Upvote 0