• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are satchels 10lbs?

If this is really that big a concern for folks, just make a mutator that turns everything in the game into metric. In the meantime, I could give a crap if the screen says "10 lb satchel" vs. "5kg satchel", and I could give a crap what it says on the satchel itself because (a) I don't speak german, (b) I don't speak or read russian, and (c) I'm not spending my time reading the damn satchel while I'm playing because I'm usually too busy trying to blow something up.

Upvote 0
If this is really that big a concern for folks, just make a mutator that turns everything in the game into metric. In the meantime, I could give a crap if the screen says "10 lb satchel" vs. "5kg satchel", and I could give a crap what it says on the satchel itself because (a) I don't speak german, (b) I don't speak or read russian, and (c) I'm not spending my time reading the damn satchel while I'm playing because I'm usually too busy trying to blow something up.

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA, my belly is hurting from this thread, please, keep it up! :)

Solo, I share your view on this, what it does is much more of a concern than what the breakdown is on the language or measuring system. Hell, i just started noticing the manufacturing numbers on some of the weapons, and that impressed the hell out of me. i don't care if it's called the 'badass blow things up satchel' or the 'hello kitty boom boom backpack' as long as it desintegrates everything in the vicinity. just having these things in the game is awesome! :D

Upvote 0
Being a english guy i have to know both (joy!).

I measure weight in kilos, human weight in stones, human height in feet and inches, room sized measurements in meters, travel distances in miles and money in decimal.

The joys of mixing old and new systems! (all our road signs and speedos are in miles an hour despite officialy being metric ?!?!)

thats what wikipedia sais :p, not too trustworthy. Imperial system should just be ditched. Heck the dutch had their very own system ;o

Upvote 0
Hard isn't the correct word, unlogical would be better.

here's a image of all the countries that don't use the metric system in blue :

So which blue countries do you consider the rest of the world?
I thought that the USA was the whole world?

Just get rid of those satchels, you can't blow up a whole tank by laying 2 satchels next to them.

Upvote 0
Hard isn't the correct word, unlogical would be better.

here's a image of all the countries that don't use the metric system in blue :

So which blue countries do you consider the rest of the world?

So i say the rest of the world DOES find the metric system logical and the Imperial system unlogical and bothersome.

(note: as you probably know some countries got metric as their official system but alot of people still use the imperial system alot, like your new zealand and the uk) But even then most people that i know from there that have to measure all the time end up using the metric system, thesame for alot of calculations. But for guessing the lenght usually the imperial system is used because they got a better feel for that.
Think you mis-quoted what I said. I said the rest of the world doesn't find metric hard.

Upvote 0
Being a english guy i have to know both (joy!).

I measure weight in kilos, human weight in stones, human height in feet and inches, room sized measurements in meters, travel distances in miles and money in decimal.

The joys of mixing old and new systems! (all our road signs and speedos are in miles an hour despite officialy being metric ?!?!)

QFT. Multiple uses of both imperial and metric for the win \o/

Upvote 0
I think the satchel was a quick and dirty fix for the problem of how infantry can wreck a tank at close quarters without the devs having to go too deeply into the mechanics of coding things for other methods that were used.

Things like tracks being blown off or turrets getting jammed by AT nades or the effects of an ampulomet, molotov or blindk

Upvote 0