• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are people such babies about tanks?

Sorry, but the whole tanking at HOS really sucks.
The hitzones are badly working, so sometimes tanks are immortal,
sometimes they blow up with one shot - dont matter where you hit.
And when you get a hit and you die, it takes longer to get on the
gunners position, then the your enemies needs to reaload and shot
you again, so you never get a chance of firing back.
Also things like the turret ring get damages to often. You drive your
tank out a long way to the front and one little hit on the turret kills
the turret ring, or the gun ... and you

Upvote 0
Mostly spawn camping/AI MG. When tanks got re-enabled on 2.Fjg a few weeks ago they were mostly fine about not spawn camping. Flash forward to yesterday and german tanks spawn camped Red October Factory spawn one most of the match with HE shells and AI Hull gunner was optimally positioned to mow down everyone running west of spawn 1 into the gully. Two Tanks spawn camping Pavlov's House north of A/B Russian spawn. Same story with CH spawn camping and AI hull gunner head shotting through 1-3 smoke grenades to stop us from getting onto objectives. It's not the tanks themselves that our the problems, but the way that they mint spawn campers. It's almost like they need to add code if you've killed 5 people who have only lived for 4 seconds self destruct tank for spawn camping.

I think that raises the question of when a player becomes a viable target. You can easily leave most spawn areas in under 4 seconds. On some maps you can leave a spawn area and be at an objective in 4 seconds. Would you say that players running to an objective are not viable targets? Does this change if they're running from a spawn area to an objective?

Upvote 0
I think a simple fix to the hull gunner AI problem would be to limit it to a 30m range. That way it would still be useful in defending the tank against infantry running up with AT grenades are satchel charges, but it wouldn't be making those 100m head shots that everyone complains about. It would also make having a human gunner actually useful.

If a server admin uses the TankTweak mutator, then he can configure it in such a way that short ranges still can kill someone but longer ranges won't. Those settings are all available now with that mutator.
It has 3 range groups:
- short
- medium
- long
and the admin can configure what is short and what is medium and what is long. Next he can configure what miss percentage to be used per range group.

Upvote 0
And that's pretty normal, if frustrating. Pz.IV was superior in almost evey aspect.

Thing is, most people forget one thing, it wasn't every aspect: The T-34 is way faster than the Pz.IV. If you're a decent T-34 player, you outmanoever the Panzers to have a clear view of the weak spot(s) on the side. Pretty easy on most maps.

No disrespect, but I think you are totally wrong. First off, the T-34 and panzer 4 at these ranges should both be baby frolic easy to kill each other, which is not the case. Second, when the T-34 came out, it so scared the Germans that they developed the panther off of it's concept. I keep hearing this fallacy (mostly from German players) that the T-34 was IRL way inferior, and I can't believe it for a second, only conceding the fact that at very long range the panzer does have a better gun. But, there is a reason why all tanks have sloped armor nowadays. Right now, The speed of the tanks either doesn't matter, or isn't really all that different. I've read tests saying the t-34 is only a few mph faster, if any than the panzer. Back in Ro1 there was a CLEAR difference that is not there.

Also, Weak Spots? What weak spots on the panzer? It's pretty spotty at best. It's like the hitboxes take vacation from time to time on the panzer 4. You can pound 3-4 shots into the panzer's side by the ammo bunkers and watch it's frolic around shooting merrily, same goes with the turret. I shot for those stupid little doors (you know the ones people should be behind ) and nothing happens. As far as i Can tell, there ARE little to no consistent "weak spots" on the darn thing...and it's up to the servers whim if it explodes or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaseyHairyback
Upvote 0
^^ many parts this. Fine, I can live with the p4 blowing people up >1km routinely, but why does the 76 have such a problem putting holes in the front at <200m?

I can understand why the us army upgraded the gun on the Abrams to better deal with the ERA on the t-90, they were fed up with having small, only reasonably-reliable hitboxes to kill them with :(

Upvote 0
I can live with the p4 blowing people up >1km routinely, but why does the 76 have such a problem putting holes in the front at <200m?
Maybe the in-game Panzer IV incorrectly has 80 mm frontal in the armor code. Someone should post the code up.

when the T-34 came out, it so scared the Germans that they developed the panther off of it's concept.
Actually, it was the KV tank that terrified them the most according to T34 mythical weapon. Anyway, the main response was to put the Pak/Kwk/Stuk 40 in everything and uparmoring to 80mm, the Panther was just a 1-up.

T-34 was IRL way inferior, and I can't believe it for a second, only conceding the fact that at very long range the panzer does have a better gun.
Ignoring the panzer's better crew layout, cupolas, optics, ammunition/armor quality, ammo types, radios, transmissions, and torsion bar suspension (as on Stug/P III), the better gun was a good attribute that was not matched until the introduction of the T-34/85. Here is some cannon stuff:

testrua.jpg

testems.jpg

I shot for those stupid little doors (you know the ones people should be behind ) and nothing happens.
I am pretty sure if you shoot, as you put it, the 'stupid little door' on the T34 glacis (where the driver should be behind) nothing happens as well. TBH the entire tank code should be ripped out of the game tossed in the rubbish bin, and redone properly in a style similar to DH.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe the in-game Panzer IV incorrectly has 80 mm frontal in the armor code. Someone should post the code up.
I'm still not convinced it's not the 80mm variety being modeled. As you've previously pointed out, , the in-game 3D model doesn't show the 30mm welded armor. That could very well be a modeling inaccuracy based on the source material from the museum they were modeling.

If they modeled the 50mm Ausf F2 or early G, the Panzer IV wouldn't stand a chance against the T-34. I thought Alan stated they were trying to get the tanks to match up. Anyways, as I stated before, there's a production run of Ausf G's that match the 80mm armor and correct L/43 gun.

So if it is 80mm armor, either it's a 3D modeling error, not showing the extra armor plate, or it's a code error that it should be 50mm. I'm sure somebody with SDK access can tell us what the armor value is.

Upvote 0
In short, it's a fear of two things: Learning to operate a tank smoothly, and having once done so, risking losing it because team mates may not provide you close support.
The whole cunundrum is still wrapped around the aversion by many to team tactiics and listening to team leaders. Instead, many just want to be the NBA loner who runs the ball and prefers to be a one man show. But tanks can be hugely rewarding. Some RO1 maps could not be won by either side without using them.
Anyone remember Berezhina? Ah, well. I do miss those combined arms maps. If you could play them, you were at the height of the game. On a 64 player map; nothin' better.

I don't see the point in using tanks with the stupidly short respawn times. The tanks just end up constantly fighting each other almost separated from the rest of the action. Gets really boring, really quick. (I'm referring to combined arms here, and the spawn timers may have changed since I last played the game)

Upvote 0
I think having tank AI in a game like RO2 is already fundamentally flawed, but then they've also got super aim-botting powers?

:IS2:

Also, whenever tanks are on the map they ALWAYS seem to lag up the entire server.

/thread.

These are the two main reasons right now.

Tanks could be great if they weren't AI driven, and they didn't impact server lag negatively.

Require a tank to have a full complement of men (gunner, hull MG, driver, commander) and it could be really interesting. It might also be difficult to control a tank crew on a public server though.

either the commander would have little to do and get bored, or the driver would have no fun just taking orders.

If anything, it would probably be best to eliminate the driver.

Make the driver AI take orders from the commander, and make the hull MG and gunner both human beings.

Upvote 0
Ignoring the panzer's better crew layout, cupolas, optics, ammunition/armor quality, ammo types, radios, transmissions, and torsion bar suspension (as on Stug/P III), the better gun was a good attribute that was not matched until the introduction of the T-34/85. Here is some cannon stuff:
What's Wrong with Christies suspension? The T-34 was faster cross country....Really, all these things you have pointed out should have no effect in game...and...although were a little bit of a bummer in 1942, did not make the T-34 so outclassed as it is in game currently.

I am pretty sure if you shoot, as you put it, the 'stupid little door' on the T34 glacis (where the driver should be behind) nothing happens as well. TBH the entire tank code should be ripped out of the game tossed in the rubbish bin, and redone properly in a style similar to DH.

Now if that Is true, then that's a bit problem too, but even so it's pretty small potatoes since anywhere else things explode and people die in the t-34. But yes, Hitboxes need to be improved, but for everything wrong with the T-34 armor, there's 4 wrong with the panzer....and all in the panzer's favor (unlike the t-34 which gets destroyed frntall in the turret by AT guns).

But yes, If the german tank is modeled incorrectly and is simulated with the 80mm armor, this could explain things...at least frontally (the issues from the side are still silly)...however, since the Germans get Pzgr. Patr. 39 round, and were stuck with a normal AP round...instead of the BR-350P APCR round....how is that fair?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you have played the tanks very often then you sure know the weak spots of your enemy.

With my T34 a panzer has not so much chance against me. :D

Okay, the tank ai is altered but what do we get to here then when i kill 100 enemies with my mg??? Is there then a whining against me?

And then the whining the at gunners are too good???

There is enough to do against tanks.

Upvote 0
Unsuitable for rolling terrian or causes a rolling oscillation or something like that. The Americans even complained about it when they tested the T34 in Aberdeen. The Soviets themselves even attemped replacement with torsion bar suspension on the T-34 M.

Where did you read that? source?

These four should:.....armor quality.

"Book has penetration data for face-hardened armor where we could find it or safely estimate it, as well as homogeneous armor figures. Many German tanks used face-hardened armor, and penetration ranges against that armor type could be very different from homogeneous armor. Sherman 75mm APCBC penetrates 81mm of homogeneous armor at 500m, and 95mm of face-hardened armor, so PzKpfw IVF2, G, H and J models with face-hardened frontal armor are much more vulnerable to Sherman hits than one might otherwise think."

Pzgr. Patr. 39 is a normal AP round. The APCR would be the Pzgr. Patr. 40.

It's a Capped High explosive round. I may also add that the Russians used a different system of testing where as penetration was counted for a 75% chance to penetrate X amount of armor at Y range INSTEAD of 50% like western tests.

a nice article:

http://spwaw.com/lholttg/penetration.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
/thread.

If anything, it would probably be best to eliminate the driver.

Make the driver AI take orders from the commander, and make the hull MG and gunner both human beings.

I disagree. The driver is who keeps the tank alive. When I'm team tanking with somebody new, I'll take the driver position if I can. If you're busy trying to shoot, and drive, you will often fail at both.

What's Wrong with Christies suspension? The T-34 was faster cross country....Really, all these things you have pointed out should have no effect in game...and...although were a little bit of a bummer in 1942, did not make the T-34 so outclassed as it is in game currently.

Christie suspension was an improvement over the more common Leaf Spring of the era. But it appears Torsion Bars have been the way to go since (to this day).

On the contrary. A 50mm frontal F2 with L/43 weapon would match perfectly with a 45mm glacis/65mm frontal turret T34 with F-34 weapon at about 1,500 meters:

F34:
t34fm.jpg

L/43:
78613791.jpg

Interesting. I would have thought the sloped armor would have made a bigger difference on the T-34's glacis armor.

Anyway, can somebody with SDK access peak into the armor values and settle once and for all if it's 50mm or 80mm?

The thing is, I'm able to penetrate the Panzer IV's glacis and get one-shot kills from one end of Fallen Fighters to the other. I don't recall if that's more than 250 meters. If it is, then the penetration is either overpowered on 80mm, or it is 50mm.

It was explained to me by one of the devs the ammo caches are the same size on each tank, but since the T-34 is more compact, it's more likely you get a kill shot if you hit the tank at all. They claim it's all a matter of knowing where to aim.

Upvote 0
[...SNIP...]Anyway, can somebody with SDK access peak into the armor values and settle once and for all if it's 50mm or 80mm?

The thing is, I'm able to penetrate the Panzer IV's glacis and get one-shot kills from one end of Fallen Fighters to the other. I don't recall if that's more than 250 meters. If it is, then the penetration is either overpowered on 80mm, or it is 50mm.

It was explained to me by one of the devs the ammo caches are the same size on each tank, but since the T-34 is more compact, it's more likely you get a kill shot if you hit the tank at all. They claim it's all a matter of knowing where to aim.

From the SDK:

At the head of each line you find the hit location. Then a little further on the line you will see PlateThickness. I guess that is what you are looking for.

Pz.4:

Code:
    ArmorPlates(0)=(PlateName=FRONTLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Front,PlateThickness=50,OverallHardness=357,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(1)=(PlateName=FRONTGLACIS,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Front,PlateThickness=25,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(2)=(PlateName=FRONTUPPER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Front,PlateThickness=50,OverallHardness=357,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(3)=(PlateName=LEFTFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(4)=(PlateName=LEFTLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(5)=(PlateName=LEFTUPPER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(6)=(PlateName=LEFTUPPERCENTER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(7)=(PlateName=LEFTUPPERREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(8)=(PlateName=LEFTLOWERREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(9)=(PlateName=LEFTFRONTOVERHANG,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(10)=(PlateName=LEFTREAROVERHANG,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(11)=(PlateName=ROOFREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Roof,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(12)=(PlateName=ROOFFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Roof,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(13)=(PlateName=FLOOR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Floor,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(14)=(PlateName=REARLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Back,PlateThickness=20,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(15)=(PlateName=REARUPPER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Back,PlateThickness=20,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(16)=(PlateName=RIGHTFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(17)=(PlateName=RIGHTLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(18)=(PlateName=RIGHTUPPER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(19)=(PlateName=RIGHTUPPERCENTER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(20)=(PlateName=RIGHTUPPERREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(21)=(PlateName=RIGHTLOWERREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=388,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(22)=(PlateName=RIGHTFRONTOVERHANG,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(23)=(PlateName=RIGHTREAROVERHANG,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(24)=(PlateName=TURRETFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretFront,PlateThickness=50,OverallHardness=357,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(25)=(PlateName=TURRETLEFTFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretLeft,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(26)=(PlateName=TURRETLEFTREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretLeft,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(27)=(PlateName=TURRETREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretBack,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(28)=(PlateName=TURRETRIGHTREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretRight,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(29)=(PlateName=TURRETRIGHTFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretRight,PlateThickness=30,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(30)=(PlateName=TURRETROOF,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretRoof,PlateThickness=20,OverallHardness=347,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(31)=(PlateName=CUPPOLA,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Cuppola,PlateThickness=50,OverallHardness=331,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(32)=(PlateName=CUPPOLAROOF,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Cuppola,PlateThickness=9,OverallHardness=450,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(33)=(PlateName=CANNONGLACIS,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretFront,PlateThickness=50,OverallHardness=357,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(34)=(PlateName=DRIVERFRONTVISIONSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=80,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(35)=(PlateName=DRIVERSIDEVISIONSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(36)=(PlateName=HULLMGSIDEVISIONSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(37)=(PlateName=GUNNERFRONTVISIONSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(38)=(PlateName=GUNNERREARVISIONSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(39)=(PlateName=LOADERFRONTVISIONSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(40)=(PlateName=LOADERREARVISIONSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(41)=(PlateName=CUPPOLAVIEWSLITONE,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(42)=(PlateName=CUPPOLAVIEWSLITTWO,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(43)=(PlateName=CUPPOLAVIEWSLITTHREE,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(44)=(PlateName=CUPPOLAVIEWSLITFOUR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(45)=(PlateName=CUPPOLAVIEWSLITFIVE,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=70,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(46)=(PlateName=RIGHTENGINEDECKGRATING,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(47)=(PlateName=LEFTENGINEDECKGRATING,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
The damage multiplier for a Pz4 is 100 if an amobox is hit. The fuel tank has a multiplier of 10. All other spots have a muliplier of 1.
The Pz4 has 6 amo boxes and 1 full tank.

T-34:

Code:
    ArmorPlates(0)=(PlateName=FRONTGLACIS,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Front,PlateThickness=45,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(1)=(PlateName=FRONTLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Front,PlateThickness=45,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(2)=(PlateName=LEFTLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=45,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(3)=(PlateName=LEFTUPPER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=40,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(4)=(PlateName=LEFTOVERHANG,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Left,PlateThickness=16,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(5)=(PlateName=REARUPPER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Back,PlateThickness=40,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(6)=(PlateName=REARLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Back,PlateThickness=40,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(7)=(PlateName=ROOFFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Roof,PlateThickness=20,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(8)=(PlateName=ENGINEDECK,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Roof,PlateThickness=20,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(9)=(PlateName=FLOOR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Floor,PlateThickness=16,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(10)=(PlateName=RIGHTLOWER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=45,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(11)=(PlateName=RIGHTOVERHANG,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=16,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(12)=(PlateName=RIGHTUPPER,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Right,PlateThickness=40,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(13)=(PlateName=TURRETGLACIS,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretFront,PlateThickness=45,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(14)=(PlateName=TURRETFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretFront,PlateThickness=52,OverallHardness=430,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(15)=(PlateName=TURRETRIGHTFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretRight,PlateThickness=52,OverallHardness=430,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(16)=(PlateName=TURRETRIGHTREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretRight,PlateThickness=52,OverallHardness=430,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(17)=(PlateName=TURRETLEFTFRONT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretLeft,PlateThickness=52,OverallHardness=430,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(18)=(PlateName=TURRETLEFTREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretLeft,PlateThickness=52,OverallHardness=430,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(19)=(PlateName=TURRETREAR,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretBack,PlateThickness=52,OverallHardness=430,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(20)=(PlateName=TURRETROOF,ArmorZoneType=AZT_TurretRoof,PlateThickness=20,OverallHardness=400,bHighHardness=true)
    ArmorPlates(21)=(PlateName=DRIVERHATCH,ArmorZoneType=AZT_Front,PlateThickness=72,OverallHardness=340,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(22)=(PlateName=LEFTTURRETVIEWSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=36,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(23)=(PlateName=RIGHTTURRETVIEWSLIT,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=36,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
    ArmorPlates(24)=(PlateName=ENGINEDECKGRILL,ArmorZoneType=AZT_WeakSpots,PlateThickness=10,OverallHardness=150,bHighHardness=false)
The T-34 has the same damage multipliers (100 for amo box, 10 for fuel tank and all others 1), but it has only 4 amo boxes. The number of fuel tanks is 4.

Upvote 0
Thanks Ducky. Guess it is modeled as 50mm after all.

Any chance the SDK can be used to figure out where the internal ammo cache is located? I'm about to try to build another crappy map just to box in a tank with blocking volumes so I can test it out empirically.

I guess it can be found somewhere in the SDK. But if you want to try a thing like that, then I already have a mutator at hand which will allow you to get an unmanned tank on the map at which you then can shoot with an AT rifle to find the weak spots :D
It's actually a mutator that prevents a tank to blow up if the last huan leaves a tank. So you start a map as tank commander and wait 'till after you have spawned. Next you select the AT role and you will respawn with the AT gun while your tank is still on the map, but without any driver (it just stands idle). You can practice where to hit a tank ;). The mutator is not white-listed (and never will be), meaning server is unranked. This will prevent people to miss-use it to rank up there AT role.

I have been thinking to make a mutator that puts the damage values on the screen for each hit on a tank. That would be handy for AT practice. That mutator should never be white listed. It's just for practice purpose.

Upvote 0