• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which mod?

Which mod?

• Pacific

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • North Africa

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Mediterranean

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Winter War

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • Western Europe

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
it's a demographic thing, most people if given the choice will prefer playing something that 1; was made cool by hollywood, and 2 that is most related to them.

I'd personally want a Winter War mod. That is one of the greatest underdog stories of all time, and you'd really only need to create one side: the Finns. Most of the Soviet equipment in use was still in use at the time of Barbarossa.

It'd be a challenge from a mapping perspective, as every Finn success was more about tactics and knowledge of the terrain than actual numbers.

Upvote 0
Pacific theater please.

The only thing about the Pacific theater is a lot of the interesting action was totally naval/air based.. thats another game entirely.

But I'm sure there are plenty of ground battles for a lot of maps.

I would like a mod to change the game as much as possible in terms of the area and teams. I don't rather not play the Germans or Russians again, and I don't want to play in Europe. The Japanese/controlled islands would offer two completely new teams and an new environment.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind seeing them all, and one not on the list is Iron Europe that I want to see (but that is not WW2)

It was close, but I chose Winter War myself.

I would also like to see France and the low countries 1940, the Romanians (CC), North Africa and the Mediteranean. I wouldn't mind seeing the Western Front from 1944-45, but that theme has been so overdone in most WW2 games, I wouldn't miss it (no disrespect to DH which I think is really great!)

The Pacific Theatre would be good as well, but I think that any mod based on that would require the most work, and possibly because of that, be quite a few years before a release unless the mod team was large and had the time and dedication.

Upvote 0
who knows HOS might be a mod inside its own, if that makes sense lol
i mean all the MP maps might be devided in sets that are geographically linked, like kriegstadt-konigsplatz-pariserplatz are.
and that in fact you don't select to play a map, but a mini dynamic online campaign of several maps, where the outcome of each battle decides wich map is played next., and in wich conditions.
there may be a few such sets in the game, each concentrating on a different part of the battle at a different time. wich makes sense, since there will be a SP campaign. so chances are most of the maps will be linked, unless the SP is a succession of verry short missions.

then smaller mods could raise and create new sets, like a winter war campaign with a few maps, or any other. and when it's good enough, it becomes official.

Upvote 0
The Pacific Theatre would be good as well, but I think that any mod based on that would require the most work, and possibly because of that, be quite a few years before a release unless the mod team was large and had the time and dedication.

Well, if another mod team is doing Americans In Europe, they can share assets such as the American weapon models, sounds, animations ect.

I personally would not care for the Winter War a whole lot. The setting and weapons are similar to that of the Russian-German stuff we already have. I'd like the mod to change it up more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, if another mod team is doing Americans In Europe, they can share assets such as the American weapon models, sounds, animations ect.....

Can, but won't necessarily. My main point in reference to the Pacific idea is that if a mod takes years to produce, you probably won't have anywhere near as many players to enjoy it. Fine if the mod team is aware of that fact and accepts it, but a shame also...

Upvote 0
I voted for the Mediterranean. It's been included in various things in the past such as Hidden and Dangerous, Battlefield 1942: Road to Rome, and Forgotten Hope, but I've never seen a primary focus on it. In addition to the Italian fighting, it would be great to see the rugged mountains of Greece and Yugoslavia.

+1
Gets my vote.

Upvote 0
Such as a custom add-on instead of a full blown mod?
i think thats the only way to ensure them enough playtime, there is some interest for most the mentioned theatres, but not enough to sustain a stand alone mod.
i would personally like to see the invasion of belgium 1940, that was really never covered.
i have visited a fort this summer and did some research etc... and think that more than enough epic things happened in that battle to make a great mod/maps, but i won't have the pretention to think there is enough interest to really make a succesfull mod with it.

Upvote 0