• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which mod?

Which mod?

• Pacific

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • North Africa

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Mediterranean

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Winter War

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • Western Europe

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
I wonder how much this poll will change once everyone has seen that new Pacific HBO series... Also I think its a silly idea even giving the Winter War a section, the only people who want to see this Finnish mod happen are those from finland the rest of us well just think its dull.

Eh... same for pacific if you ask me. Dull, boring, distant, care etc...
Explain why winter war and pacific are neck to neck in the poll if only finns care about it? :rolleyes:
And I would replace winter war with the continuation war. Enables you to have winter AND summer maps, wow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder how much this poll will change once everyone has seen that new Pacific HBO series... Also I think its a silly idea even giving the Winter War a section, the only people who want to see this Finnish mod happen are those from finland the rest of us well just think its dull.

Is that the new tom hanks band of brothers in the pacific series that you're talking about? I totally forgot about that coming out!! Myself and a few fellow Australians are really interested in creating a pacific mod, looking at Kakoda etc my only hesitations besides having the time was the possible popularity of the mod when compared with the amount of work, but with the HBO series coming out, it may help catch some players and supporters!

Upvote 0
exactly lol, but it's probably a matter of "ignorance". if you asked me before about winter war, i would have said "meh". but after seeing a few good movies about it, i know it can be great.
same thing for the others, when i hear pacific, i think beaches and palm trees... meh
when i hear africa, i think sand sand and sand meh
when i hear mediterranian, i think... well no idea actually.

but maybe it's true that the HBO series could make the pacific sound cool again, but i have yet to be convinced.

Upvote 0
Is that the new tom hanks band of brothers in the pacific series that you're talking about? I totally forgot about that coming out!! Myself and a few fellow Australians are really interested in creating a pacific mod, looking at Kakoda etc my only hesitations besides having the time was the possible popularity of the mod when compared with the amount of work, but with the HBO series coming out, it may help catch some players and supporters!

A Kokoda mod would be awesome. What an amazing struggle that was. Coming from a non Australian too.

Upvote 0

WHAT???? I'm from Finland??? Why the hell doesn't somebody tell me these things!!! :D

Upvote 0
I wonder how much this poll will change once everyone has seen that new Pacific HBO series.

Indeed, I think the release of "The Pacific" could really help boost a Pacific mod's popularity, in the same way Band of Brothers kinda did for DH (yes, I know DH was inspired by BoB).

Winter War sounds a bit "meh" to me. Weapons and player models will generally be the same, the landscape as well.

Now, a Pacific front mod though, can really contain a lot of things we have never seen in RO. Japanese units and weapons, tropical maps that have palm trees and jungles, flamethrowers... oh yeah. :D It may need a slightly longer development time, but I think it would be worth it.

Upvote 0
Winter War sounds a bit "meh" to me. Weapons and player models will generally be the same, the landscape as well.

What weapons and what landscape? I wanna heard more about this. Xen is there some steppe behind your house?

Also I think its a silly idea even giving the Winter War a section, the only people who want to see this Finnish mod happen are those from finland the rest of us well just think its dull.

I have heard rumours about Scotish people. Maybe those are true :(

Upvote 0
joke.jpg

Or you wont see next update of Mare Nostrum. Thats Offical statement of
Mare Nostrum Team, untill Sam will catch me with his sharp axe. :D :D :D

Upvote 0
I think western front should be split into 2 catagories here , the early blitzkreig period and after the allied normandy landings.

It's the leading theatre as it stands - but has by and large been voted for anonymously and without comment, with a couple of exceptions which both mention (if not exclusively) the war early period.

So while I expect the majority of votes are indeed for the 44-45 campaign (the hollywood/familiar armies idea schultzsepp mentions, with phaps with the voters not finding much too say about it that isn't already well known) - i would like to know how many of these votes are from those that would specifically find the invasion of france and the low countries facinating.

The balkans campaign is interesting and could be an option too.
Phaps some of the 9 'others' were either for this or france, (with some ppl taking 'western front' to inherently mean normandy and so on.)

Upvote 0