• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

What's the point of a clan?

PNV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula
Well I suppose it could be an easy way to find a group of friends or a community that you can play Killing Floor with if you don't like playing with strangers all the time.

Griever

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 16, 2009
Finland
I've been thinking the same... I've seen soooo many times when couple or at least 3 clan members joins a server, they only shares money and guns with their clan! They don't give a crap bout others in the server...
--> disconnect

KrazyKain

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 28, 2009
well when you play with a clan you have a group of people to play with, people who you know, people who you are used to playing with and people you can communicate with.

If you play on random servers all the time then you might get lucky with the group and have a good time but you might end up with a bunch of dimwits and get destroyed... with a clan you know who your playing with, you will learn as a team from eachothers mistakes and you can take on the map more prepared every time

Raziel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
Valhalla
www.facebook.com
Having good mates by your side is cool, but some people just want to give themselves airs.
Being member of a clan doesn't make you a pro.
Nor does being a dick.

Nanostrike

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
A well-drilled, practiced team of 3 players can do things that 6 or more players unfamilar with each other could NEVER do, even if they had twice the money and better weapons.

Clans develop a synergy when they play together. For example, a berserker KNOWING he won't have any stalkers/crawlers on his back as he charges because he has a Commando covering him that he can count on. Or a Sharpshooter knowing to ignore a cluster of Gorefasts because the Berserker is about to slice 'em apart. Or a Support ignoring a siren because he knows the Sharpshooter will prioritize it and headshot it down.

If you try counting on folks in public games to do stuff like that, you will often be PAINFULLY and FATALLY let down...

Duke Striter

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 2, 2009
I enjoy being in my clan because since the game has come out I have never played in a public server. Just in are private servers with the same group of guys. Working together, sharing money,no griefing,no exploit using, and no one yells at you if you aren't as good as everyone else. Just a much better experience.

gusone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
I enjoy being in my clan because since the game has come out I have never played in a public server. Just in are private servers with the same group of guys. Working together, sharing money,no griefing,no exploit using, and no one yells at you if you aren't as good as everyone else. Just a much better experience.
Pretty much sums it up. But I would say you can achieve the same with a public server. You get a bunch of regulars who have favourited the server so its a mix of mates (clan if you like) and the regs. You get the odd twat but the warnings are explicit about the web admin doing horrible things with their IP address and Steam ID. That said we have banned 50+ people already - There's even a fintie limit of griefers and tk'ers and I like life banning people - and even if I am not online I get PMs so there's no escape for Mr Emo Teamkiller.

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
I also never play without mates of my RO clan or other friends I know of RO. I tried it a few times to join a public server where I didn't know anyone and it always ended it an epic fail because everybody is just hunting for kills and doesn't care about the rest of the team. BUT if you join a public server with 2 or 3 mates the chance that the strangers will play in a cooperative way gets very very high. Also I would never be such an asshole and only share money or spare weapons (yes, lvl 5 support here :D ) with my clanmates, I know that the whole team is important.

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
to me this is even more important than being successful with my clan. being in a very successful clan with only assholes would be rediculous.

Ihmhi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 7, 2009
www.asseater.org
Anyone who's played WoW knows what I'm saying here:

Playing with a clan (or people you know in general) is vastly less frustrating and more fun than playing in a PUG (Pick-Up Game). This rings true for any game that requires teamwork.

TheGameexe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 9, 2009
Anyone who's played WoW knows what I'm saying here:

Playing with a clan (or people you know in general) is vastly less frustrating and more fun than playing in a PUG (Pick-Up Game). This rings true for any game that requires teamwork.
I hate WoW. I played in clans it is fun. I just don't have the patience to get introduced to new people.

Hillbilly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 17, 2009
clans are not only about competition and ranks. they are also about having a good time with your buds.
Amen to that. And unfortunately coming from a gaming community thats very competition oriented to Killing Floor its amazing at just how much more fun you can have when your not worrying about any of that.

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
The point of a clan is that, when my clan member has a shotgun, I KNOW he isn't going to run out in front and shot block the **** out of the rest of the team.

The point of a clan is that, when my clan member is a berzerker, I KNOW he isn't going to run out in front and shot block the **** out of the rest of the team. And I KNOW he's going to back up when he gets into trouble.

The point of a clan is that, when I need a heal, I KNOW if ask for one I'm going to get one.

The point of a clan is that, when I buy a second weapon and drop it for extra ammo later on, I KNOW my clan members won't pick it up.

The point of a clan is that I know these people, trust these people and will care if they die. As opposed to random guy who joins, looks at the 4 of us, runs off by themselves and almost dies, then comes running back and begs for money during the trader phase.

Clan members have proven they're worthy recipients of the ~155 pounds I have left, that I was saving up for more grenades next wave. Everyone else has to prove it first.

HeatSurge

May 20, 2009
Well this is a coop based game is it not?
- More fun with friends / people who you play regularly with.
- Server admin (kick the a-hole with 250 ping who welded you out, doesn't have a mic, and doesn't care)
- Custom map server control / preferences.

In short, community and more fun.