• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad What's the point of a clan?

well when you play with a clan you have a group of people to play with, people who you know, people who you are used to playing with and people you can communicate with.

If you play on random servers all the time then you might get lucky with the group and have a good time but you might end up with a bunch of dimwits and get destroyed... with a clan you know who your playing with, you will learn as a team from eachothers mistakes and you can take on the map more prepared every time

Upvote 0
A well-drilled, practiced team of 3 players can do things that 6 or more players unfamilar with each other could NEVER do, even if they had twice the money and better weapons.

Clans develop a synergy when they play together. For example, a berserker KNOWING he won't have any stalkers/crawlers on his back as he charges because he has a Commando covering him that he can count on. Or a Sharpshooter knowing to ignore a cluster of Gorefasts because the Berserker is about to slice 'em apart. Or a Support ignoring a siren because he knows the Sharpshooter will prioritize it and headshot it down.

If you try counting on folks in public games to do stuff like that, you will often be PAINFULLY and FATALLY let down...

Upvote 0
I enjoy being in my clan because since the game has come out I have never played in a public server. Just in are private servers with the same group of guys. Working together, sharing money,no griefing,no exploit using, and no one yells at you if you aren't as good as everyone else. Just a much better experience.

Upvote 0
I enjoy being in my clan because since the game has come out I have never played in a public server. Just in are private servers with the same group of guys. Working together, sharing money,no griefing,no exploit using, and no one yells at you if you aren't as good as everyone else. Just a much better experience.

Pretty much sums it up. But I would say you can achieve the same with a public server. You get a bunch of regulars who have favourited the server so its a mix of mates (clan if you like) and the regs. You get the odd twat but the warnings are explicit about the web admin doing horrible things with their IP address and Steam ID. That said we have banned 50+ people already - There's even a fintie limit of griefers and tk'ers and I like life banning people - and even if I am not online I get PMs so there's no escape for Mr Emo Teamkiller.

Upvote 0
I also never play without mates of my RO clan or other friends I know of RO. I tried it a few times to join a public server where I didn't know anyone and it always ended it an epic fail because everybody is just hunting for kills and doesn't care about the rest of the team. BUT if you join a public server with 2 or 3 mates the chance that the strangers will play in a cooperative way gets very very high. Also I would never be such an asshole and only share money or spare weapons (yes, lvl 5 support here :D ) with my clanmates, I know that the whole team is important.

Upvote 0
The point of a clan is that, when my clan member has a shotgun, I KNOW he isn't going to run out in front and shot block the **** out of the rest of the team.

The point of a clan is that, when my clan member is a berzerker, I KNOW he isn't going to run out in front and shot block the **** out of the rest of the team. And I KNOW he's going to back up when he gets into trouble.

The point of a clan is that, when I need a heal, I KNOW if ask for one I'm going to get one.

The point of a clan is that, when I buy a second weapon and drop it for extra ammo later on, I KNOW my clan members won't pick it up.

The point of a clan is that I know these people, trust these people and will care if they die. As opposed to random guy who joins, looks at the 4 of us, runs off by themselves and almost dies, then comes running back and begs for money during the trader phase.

Clan members have proven they're worthy recipients of the ~155 pounds I have left, that I was saving up for more grenades next wave. Everyone else has to prove it first.

Upvote 0