• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"What we are up to" - Feb 3rd edition

Removal of the bleeding system is not necessary, it only needs some alterations, like the amount of time it takes for you to to die, must be longer. Also, while wounded in such a case make your weapon shake, like you are actually suffering from serious pain, to avoid excessively rambo-style gameplay. And walking around with a gunshot wound will slow you down over time, so players will seek for shelter to apply the bandage.

You said what I was trying to say but better. The current implementation doesn't really make any sense. Please take note TWI.

EDIT: note not "not"

Last edited:
Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
And how many of these guys got sacked after RO2?

I know John Gibson "agreed to step down" and do other stuff.

In terms of mappers and environmental artists (mapobject makers) they are pretty much still there from what i know.

From what we know Ramm decided to focus more on leading the company over dual tasking with coding. Its not like he got fired or anything, he's the president of a company that is not on the stock market. The company is the property of the TWI founders, not stockholders or anything ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: TravisT
Upvote 0
This argument should be applied to the "realism" mode... not the RO CLASSIC MODE.

Do you guys not understand what they are trying to do. /facepalm

Yes, do you understand it? It's trying to make a mode that plays in the same spirit as RO1. The changes he and I listed would do just that. It's not trying to be RO1. Not to mention, those changes would make sense in EVERY mode of RO2. As I said, the mechanic doesn't make sense in any version of RO: realism, classic, or regular. As it stands now, its a "you get 3 chances to avoid death by slapping this button as fast as you can" mechanic. It doesn't simulate bleeding out. It doesn't simulate a wound. The only thing I see it works as is creating the scenario where you get stunned by being shot which gives your opponent an upperhand to finish you off. I don't think that was the intention.

Reactions: Zetsumei
Upvote 0
In terms of mappers and environmental artists (mapobject makers) they are pretty much still there from what i know.

From what we know Ramm decided to focus more on leading the company over dual tasking with coding. Its not like he got fired or anything, he's the president of a company that is not on the stock market. The company is the property of the TWI founders, not stockholders or anything ;).

Wasn't it like the other way around? That he's now a full-time coder and no longer a president?

Also really now guys, are you saying that bleeding out is a BAD mechanic(however badly it's implemented atm)? I for one don't want RO1 nanobots that fix you right up after being injured for 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, do you understand it? It's trying to make a mode that plays in the same spirit as RO1. The changes he and I listed would do just that. It's not trying to be RO1. Not to mention, those changes would make sense in EVERY mode of RO2. As I said, the mechanic doesn't make sense in any version of RO: realism, classic, or regular. As it stands now, its a "you get 3 chances to avoid death by slapping this button as fast as you can" mechanic. It doesn't simulate bleeding out. It doesn't simulate a wound. The only thing I see it works as is creating the scenario where you get stunned by being shot which gives your opponent an upperhand to finish you off. I don't think that was the intention.

The key for me is removing the issues people have, purely removing the features is not necessarily the solution to people their problems.

Which has been my entire issue with a lot of things (beside free aim). A lot of things need a lot of tweaking and fine tuning and that can truly make the game more fun with those subsets in the other game modes as well.

Wasn't it like the other way around? That he's now a full-time coder and no longer a president?

No Ramm stepped down from the lead coder position. He's still the president and that won't change unless either he's old and bald or twi goes bankrupt I'd guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I don't think they are trying to make 2 realism modes bro. I take RO classic mode as an ro2 take on RO1. I think it's hilarious that you would rather see more realistic attribute added to this mode rather then "Realism" mode :rolleyes:.

I'm not even saying it's a bad idea. Just silly to be so demanding to have it put into a mode obviously geared towards how the classic game played.

Maybe they could try it out in the beta, see how the classic community liked it.

Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
I don't think they are trying to make 2 realism modes bro. I take RO classic mode as an ro2 take on RO1. I think it's hilarious that you would rather see more realistic attribute added to this mode rather then "Realism" mode :rolleyes:.

I'm not even saying it's a bad idea. Just silly to be so demanding to have it put into a mode obviously geared towards how the classic game played.

Maybe they could try it out in the beta, see how the classic community liked it.

If I understood the staffers post correct he said they are making a new mode but keeping alot of the things from the current Realism mode which basicaly means:

Relaxed stays as is so thats 1 mode.
Realism stays as is so thats 1 mode.
Classic mode is combined Realism mechanics + RO mechanics. i.e. cluster****er in easier terms. so thats 1 mode.

3 modes across the board with Classic being more friendly to those who've been wronged so they say.

Imagine Classic mode RO2 mechanics in a map like Apartments. *shakes head* Nuff said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I don't think Realism mode means what you think it means. It simply RO2 regular with a different HUD and some other minor changes unless I've missed some recent announcement. This is the reason a bunch of people think Realism mod should just be RO Classic mode.

Plus, the proper bandaging system we mention is not a large departure from normal RO gameplay. You act like it is an ArmA mechanic or a simulation mechanic. Its really just a desire to have the bandage system implemented the way it should have been upon launch.

Upvote 0
yeah just imagine Apartments with RO:Ost gameplay. He says it like it's a bad thing. He also says it like he never played Danzig once. Or LyesKrovy for that matter. Pretty much the two tightest, fastest maps we had with RO, and with RO's mechanics and gameplay...you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of old RO players who prefer ROHoS Apartments to either of those maps.

If the new mode comes out and looks anything like what RO used to be, with some of the GOOD of ROHoS left in (and there is good)...plus the graphics of ROHoS (because they are better)...we're going to be in good shape. Not great maybe...but good. And that's improvement.

Upvote 0
I don't think Realism mode means what you think it means. It simply RO2 regular with a different HUD and some other minor changes unless I've missed some recent announcement. This is the reason a bunch of people think Realism mod should just be RO Classic mode.

Plus, the proper bandaging system we mention is not a large departure from normal RO gameplay. You act like it is an ArmA mechanic or a simulation mechanic. Its really just a desire to have the bandage system implemented the way it should have been upon launch.

Oh +1 there. The Realism mode in my opinion, is not really realism. That is why I was suggesting that the implementation you mentioned would be great for it(i.e. it would make it better). Realism mode in this game is silly. Me personally would not like to see any kind of bandaging in this new mode. That's what it boils down to. You do. Pointless to argue any further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Westernesse
Upvote 0

Thats true and the general population wants this but they know that if they remove the current features of RO2 Realism mode then they are in danger or loosing the current remaining hanging thread of player base who are used to the run and gun arcade console mechanics and then TWI has to deal with them which is why....3 modes in a way that I explained a few posts above the way I read and understood the staffers 1st post on this thread.

I agree with you, everyone agrees that Realism mode should just change to Classic or w/e they want to label it but the game is in such a lol state that there is absolutely no way in releasing something that pleases even the greatest of computer champions, so called wronged ro vets, bot farmers and the twitch shooters who dig the arcade console play we have now hence....3 modes :(

Reactions: Westernesse
Upvote 0
the only difference between the two modes now is hud options. There are no gameplay differences. You get more info and can see team mates names over their heads, that is ALL.

Just replace the current mode with the realism mode so you have two different modes that are actually distinct.

Then also add in the customization so people can get what they want out of the hud and turn the rest off then any player can get back to where they were before...

Upvote 0
Me personally would not like to see any kind of bandaging in this new mode. That's what it boils down to. You do. Pointless to argue any further.

For me it's more simple I want more permanent damange when getting hit with a bullet.

We know that won't be there permanently in Roost mode, it will probably be like in roost having you limp for 5 seconds and then run normally.

I would much rather have it, that being shot gives you big disadvantages like limping heavy sway whatever. And it actually taking a while to bleed out. With bandaging taking quite some time. So that while not perfectly realistic, you can basically allow for more heavy penalties on getting shot.

Because without bandaging this means that after x second you will always be magically in top shape again.

Upvote 0