• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Brewing Up A Storm

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    First of all, we at Tripwire Interactive hope everybody had a great December (a time many of us spend with family and friends) and wish all of you all a Happy New Year!

One of our favorite things about the new year is Brewing! No, not that one (with a special shout out to Putz with his King Tiger home brew). What I am talking about is a new system (which we are calling "Brewing") that replaces the cooking system of Unreal Engine 3.

Like cooking, it will optimize game content, but without any of the random non deterministic aspects that the old system used. In short, this should allow us to do smaller updates to the game, may reduce custom map size, and best of all, should allow custom content to continue working between game patches.

Maps should only need to be brewed and then they should work for the life of the game. Even some older maps (from previous builds) may work, but we can't guarantee it.

We feel that Brewing has now matured enough that it is ready for a public test. That is why later this week (or possibly early next week) we will be updating the Rising Storm beta to be a Brewed build with the new map Maggot Hill also making its debut for public testing!

Brewing sounds good but Patches.....

Does this mean:
    1.Will there be more Ghost`s of Stalingrad?
    2.Will i see through more Objectives then?
    3.Will i still have to select my At-Soldier Role again for suicied when i see a Tank after i switched to my Pistol?
    4.Will i still see Soldiers without having Weapons in theirs Hands?
    5.Will i still see Soldiers who are doing Aerobics with their Arms?
    6.Do i still have to play with Peripheral Whips in the Campaign Mode when i disabled them????????
    7.Or will i have more Problems at all?

I really love this Game. But it is the worst s... after the last Patches. Moste of the Bugs i am talking about were in the Game before and then they were gone since one Patch in the Past. But then after every Patch These discussions will start again like:
    "This is not realistic. Change this please. This is bad! Change it and blah blah blah" And in the End we need a new Patch again.

I want to be happy when this new Patch Comes. Don`t missunderstand me. I play this Game nearly every Day since two years now. But...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Brewing sounds good but Patches.....

Does this mean:
    1.Will there be more Ghost`s of Stalingrad?
    2.Will i see through more Objectives then?
    3.Will i still have to select my At-Soldier Role again for suicied when i see a Tank after i switched to my Pistol?
    4.Will i still see Soldiers without having Weapons in theirs Hands?
    5.Will i still see Soldiers who are doing Aerobics with their Arms?
    6.Or will i have more Problems at all?

I really love this Game. But it is the worst s... after the last Patches. The Bugs i am talking about where in the Game before and then they were gone since one Patch in the Past. But then after every Patch These discussions will start again like:
    "This is not realistic. Change this please. This is bad! Change it and blah blah blah" And in the End we need a new Patch again.

I want to be happy when this new Patch Comes. Don`t misunderstand me. I play this Game nearly every Day since two years now. But...

Report reproduction cases for any bugs you encounter in our bug section. That helps us address them. Sometimes we just don't run into some of the bugs the community does, and reproduction cases always help when fixing one.

Upvote 0
    May I ask a question? I have posted these in steamcommunity, maybe it's an opportunity to ask you.

How about add random elements to map, for example rondom items (truck, box, or some small items) and rondom posiotions (or direction) of them? Maybe it can either close the gap between newbies and veterans or make us enjoy fresh experience in each round.

Upvote 0
    May I ask a question? I have posted these in steamcommunity, maybe it's an opportunity to ask you.

How about add random elements to map, for example rondom items (truck, box, or some small items) and rondom posiotions (or direction) of them? Maybe it can either close the gap between newbies and veterans or make us enjoy fresh experience in each round.

Could work similar to the Fixed MG's and how they change positions.... though I would like if they changed positions a bit more.

Upvote 0

It's definitely possible, and would be cool to see in some newer maps.

Upvote 0
    Report reproduction cases for any bugs you encounter in our bug section. That helps us address them. Sometimes we just don't run into some of the bugs the community does, and reproduction cases always help when fixing one.

I know that but Ghost`s of Stalingrad are active since a year now.
    The Aerobics have been fixed in the past. Now they are back.
    The same with disappearing Weapons.
    The same with that i can see through Objects shortly...I was not the guy who was asking for better Performance cause my Videocard and PC are not good enough so that i need some LOD improvement again!

Will it be possible for Tripwire to fix the Setting in Campaign Mode: Peripheral Whips disabled? Every Setting works in Custom Mode in the WebAdmin but not the disabled Peripheral Whips in Campaign Mode while the Server is set to Custom Mode.
    Tell me why please. Why does this not work in a Campaign Mode? A simply Setting in the WebAdmin which works usually in Custom Mode but not in a Campaign which should run on Custom Settings????!!!!!!
    Have you ever played on a 40 up to 64Player Server???? These f...... Whips on the left and the right on your TFT are making you stupid, mad and sick and you begin seriously to laugh about it. It`s for real idiots. If i were you i would also implement an edit Feature in the WebAdmin so that i`m able to configure an Autoswitch between 2 Different Campaign Map-Layouts (HOS/RS) and the normal Mode after one Campaign is finished. Something like a Timeline that tells the Server what to do after a Campaing is over.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0